1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea V Everton Carabao Cup

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Oct 25, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Countless managers played Nando again and again. That worked well for them.

Conte stopped playing Cescy last season and we won the freaking title. what other proof you need?
    Common sense?

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He didn't stop playing him. He rotated him. We've already done this.

But just because a player is not in the first 11 he must be rubbish then?!?!

We also won the title when Cesc played almost every game in 2015.

#stantalkingshitagain.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Conte is not rotating (DROPPING) Cescy now.
    He can call it as injury, but I will never agree.

2015 everyone know - it was Matic's trophy, there is no argument to that.
    Cescy is 2 years older and his legs are even worse.
    Cescy doesn't have supporting cast of 2015 alongside, behind or upfront. He is the weakest link.

Cescy should never start 2 games in 2 weeks, let alone 3 games in 1 week. That is recipe for disaster.
    So lets not get carried away.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You saying 'lets not get carried away' is the funniest thing I've seen on here in months.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Utter utter nonsense. So cesc's assists, the defence, hazard and costa goals had nothing to do with it?!!?!? It was Matic on his own.....

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I stand corrected....just seen our team sheet from one of our games in the 2015 title winning season.....

Matic
    Matic Matic Matic Matic
    Fabregas Matic
    Matic Matic Matic
    Matic

It was all Matic after all.

BobbyD and StanDMan like this.
  7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Your sarcasm (stupidity) is cringe worthy!!

Everyone knows 2015 is Matic's season. Eden was awarded the POTY. But it was Matic all through.

Same in 2016, it was Kante's season. Again 2016 Mahrez got POTY.

Eventually 2017 - Kante was given his due recognition.

Difference makers are key to every team.
    Just ask Manu for last 5 or 6 years. De Gea single handedly gets them 15 to 18 pts every season.

Similarly Cescy is never a Difference maker. He is THE weakest link.
    You cannot just highlight Cescy's assists.
    FFS Ozil has more assists for Goons. Just get a perspective.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from , but think you are flogging a dead horse with the Fabregas issue. You probably think he is a dead horse, but I am talking about over criticising. He is a frustrating player in my eyes, so poor when faced with power and speed, but so clever when he plays his natural game. As I said earlier ,he was hopeless for 10 mins then made a brilliant return pass for the even more brilliant finish from Willian.
    I think he should have been moved on ,but what choice did Conte have when the buffoons stuffed up most of our recruiting.
    My opinion is that Fabregas will not be the cause of us winning or losing any competition. He might win or lose a game, but then so will any other of our players. With Kante and Drinkwater nearing fitness, with that young fuzzy haired kid playing well in midfield and getting more game time, Conte can use Fabregas more sparingly and hopefully this forum can find other issues to discuss !!!!

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Come on CP. I fcuking love Cescy..

I don't have any issue with Cescy. I don't want to beat him to pulp.

My gripe is directed at Conte justifying selecting Cescy 3 times in a week due to squad injuries.

10. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

And your replacement is based on all the games you have not watched- -----oops I forgot text followed games is the new attendance or as we used to say going to lol and ffs

and all the other crap you put after your pathetic posts. I really don't think you support chelsea and just post mischievous or stupid posts to wind us up so **** off and support your team if it is possible

11. Chelsea Pensioner

OK, I get that and do agree that Fab is probably past being able to start 3 games a week. But he didn't start against Everton,but subbed in and set up the winning goal. Maybe Conte feels he has made his point, if that's what he was doing, and moved on. Roll on Drinkwater and Kante, plus the kid Fuzzy ( whose name I will sort out ).Whatever it is he's tough little bugger and took a couple of dodgy tackles but got up and played strongly. Let's hope next time Cesc appears on the starting sheet it's a game he is well suited to play, as whatever we think of him, I have no doubt he always does his absolute best for the team, which is really all we can ask of every player. Anyway, we beat Everton, we're still 4th and some reinforcements are almost back to fitness.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Are you actually for real?!!?!?

You've literally been slating Cesc for months and then say you have no issue with him??

Then moan also at Conte for selecting him when you know all our other midfielders are injured or returning from injury.

Jesus wept.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You constantly say that playing him is like playing with 10 men, implying that you regard him as **** and a non presence.

Stop talking bollocks.

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Its not just playing with 10 men though, apparently Cesc playing turns other players from world beaters to ****e as well!!

Basically everything is Cesc's fault, even when other players make individual mistakes. <laugh>

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I stand corrected again Stan, just researched recent premier league title winners.....

2016/17 Chelsea
    2015/16 Leicester City
    2014/15 Matic
    2013/14 Manchester City
    2012/13 Manchester United
    2011/12 Manchester City
    2010/11 Manchester United
    2009/10 Chelsea

16. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

I dare say that a combination of factors have forced Conte's hand regarding Fabregas: injuries, squad size plus Emenalos wizardry in the transfer market. When and if we get back to full strength then Conte can start thinking in terms of using Fabregas as an impact player - Im afraid we're the victims of our own success last season which might've created a complacent attitude amongst our recruitment fraternity ("she'll be right" attitude). There will no respite come the January window not unless you have the financial muscle of PSG; we will have to ride out this particular period.

17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I don't get it. How can Tony blame injuries when he could have played Luiz quite easily.

You are wrong again as usual.

corrected you again.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  18. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Fuzzy haired dude = Ampadu. CP . Dunno if he got a first name.

19. Chelsea Pensioner

Pretty sure he does have a first name, but if not Fuzzy Ampadu has a certain ring to it !!! I thought the kid showed plenty of bottle and quite a bit of skill as well. He was obviously nervy at the start and not sure when to have a go, but he improved as the game went on. Everton sensed this too, and put in a couple of "welcome to the big time "tackles on him.One sent him flying and obviously hurt a lot, but up he got, and away he went again, with a beautiful long pass to Zappa, I think. Very good outing for young Fuzzy Ampadu.

20. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Ethan Kwame Colm Raymond Ampadu. (AKA Fuzzy Haired Dude). Born: 14 Sep 2000 (age 17) ยท Exeter, England

StanDMan likes this.