1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v City

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 26, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

No, Jose didn't say that. You just pretend he did in the little world you live in where Jose deliberately orchestrates players to perform badly so we end up near the bottom of the league, so he can get sacked, so he can go to United.

Put your tin foil hat away. Its embarrassing.
    Problem is he can't reel it in. Because every time we don't win a game by a landslide, he has a melt.

Last week he was moaning after the Madrid game FFS!!

It's either a really bad reactionary complex or he just simply doesn't understand the game. Or is on the wind up.

I suppose every board needs a 'Matth'......<laugh>

Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

LOL I guess.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Soz mate, going to have to side with the mob on this one. Fabregas shouldn't be a starter but he was a key contributor turnings many draws into wins for us to win the league

4. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

City are hot at the moment end of,although i'm a bit worried about our home form in general.Always knew flogging
    KDB was a monumental **** up!.....On the plus side we're not expected to win it this season,huge pressure and expectation
    on pep and jose is a positive for us.

5. The Ginger Marks

Michael no longer has say in purchases since the Conte Roman summit.

6. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I was in the Shed End for the Hull game - 4 years ago? - for Mourinho's first game of his second spell back here. I remember De Bruyne blazing shots over the bar of the Shed End goal right in front of me. De Bruyne definitely was not the finished article when he played for us and very far from being so in my opinion.

As for this season, Citeh look set to run away with the Premiership on Saturday's showing but - with a bit of luck - we're well capable of winning the Champion's League again especially after our showing against Atletico de Madrid.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Is everyone forgetting that the same **** happened last year?
    I think City won 8 and drew 2 of their first 10 games, and the Pep ****fest was in full swing.
    I still don't think City will win the league.
    Still United or us for me.

8. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Manchester City spent a fortune recently on new players and it shows in how well they can now play. I'd be very surprised if they slip up this season. The best chance we've got of retaining the Premiership crown is for Man C and Man U to draw their derby games and we go on a 13 game winning run as per last season.

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think City look a lot better equipped than last year; especially with the keeper and defenders they have brought in. However I'm wary of proclaiming them as the second coming until we have seen how they fare over a congested winter period. Can't really accurately judge anyone until Jan at least.

That said, I think it'll be a hard ask for us to win it again.

10. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

League is always war of attrition.
    Does it really matter how teams perform in congested period. Everyone will drop points there. We didn't last season due to lack of congestion for us.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I thought City looked class, the best I've seen so far this season. I don't like having a pop at Tony C but I thought he approached the game far too defensively, and I was baffled by the team he put out. Should have had Azpi at RB, switching Rudiger to LB, and Moses out wide imo. Thought we started slowly and never got going, giving City far too much space to play in. Big plus for me was Christensen, could have a real player on our hands there.

12. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Christensen has convinced already. Rudiger was a suspect before today's game. But he showed his ability. But for him we could have shipped 2 more goals.

The Negative Defensive setup in fact made our Defending weak. Especially due to the usual passengers.

QUOTE="Ginger Marks, post: 10996170, member: 1000346"]But we have a Kante.[/QUOTE]

This is also why we lost. Kante was used further up. For kdb goal Cescy was the last of our 3 CM players. Goal written all over as soon as it was Cescy. Very poor from our structure setup. May be tired and not focused