1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Cardiff City, Premier League...Been Asleep Pals?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You prove it every day pal. :emoticon-0103-cool: :emoticon-0105-wink:

On the Hoilett subject there's no doubt he's been very poor so far after last season's exploits.

Having said that it's probably worth recognising that we're essentially a team of decent Championship players playing in the wrong League.

It proves the point when Camarasa who couldn't get into the Betis side is easily the classiest player we have. Ralls still has a lot to offer but he's having trouble in adjusting to the better quality up here. Arter for me is like a car crash waiting to happen. Great energy maybe, but Howe knew his players and thought he could do without him.

Murphy is the one bright spark and it's such a shame he tweaked that hamstring - he was starting to show glimpses of his worth.

Not going to get on the players backs generally though - they are what they are and play for CCFC.

suprimir and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

As you say Sparkey, a quite a few players not able to make the step up. No shame in that.
    All we can ask is that they give their all, and if the team isn't good enough, it isn't good enough.

suprimir, Oldsparkey and Blue Sheep like this.
  3. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

I agree with the general tone here. The lads can only do what they can do. Also, we may get a surprise once we get past the Man City game. Really, we have a shot at anybody from Wolves down. As I said once before. lets see where we stand after a dozen games.

As Sparkey said, Arter does worry me a little. This is why I think we need a fit Gunnar.

FrankfurterBlue likes this.
  4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Problem is if we don’t beat Burnley (and that is now looking a must win game for both clubs) we’ll have only 2 or 3 points after 7 games with Spurs <yikes>& Liverpool <yikes>next away sandwiched with our nemesis Fulham <yikes>at home.

Last time we were in this league after 7 games City had 8 points and after 10 games, 12 points.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

And 3 of those came from man city at home.
    Can lightening really strike twice?

6. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

agree with the opinions on here>>>>>if we don't survive who cares>>>>its cost us nowt <ok>

7. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Cost me £1500 in season tickets Aber :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0103-cool:

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

you been robbed ronny.................................I`d never pay it but each 2 thy own finances I suppose..........I can just about cover my house hold bills let alone chuck money at a fking billionaire <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    isawronnymoorescore likes this.