1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Brighton

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Sep 29, 2019.

1. The Ginger Marks

fantastic to watch also a little frustrating at times but overall pleased to bits how the team with so many youngsters are blossoming. For me Willian just about got Motm from Mount & Jorginho. Tammy is looking every week like a fearful premiership striker( and I’m so pleased to be proved wrong) Timori looks like he has played this level for years. Odoi could be another Hazard in years to come so I’m over the moon at the progress Frank has made.

BobbyD, armchairblue and Naas Blue like this.
  2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

The year Lampard spent at Derby with both Mout & Tomori has really benefited you though derby have turned into a bit of a car crash since he left .:bandit:

3. The Ginger Marks

True mate, I think Franks cut out to be a top manager.

4. Solid_Air 2

maybe but much too early to say imo but he has the advantage of playing under many managers but he seems to have clear view of how he wants his team to play without being over dogmatic.
    I felt it wouldn't be until mid season before you would really see "his" team but it seems to be coming together already.
    Certainly think it will be entertaining to watch this Chelsea team. .

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It won't be until the end of next season, when he's had a couple of transfer windows, that you'll see "his" team.

6. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It’s difficult to see where and who’d you want to buy. With the youth coming through we appear to have an embarrassment of riches and logic would dictate that the youth would give way to an experienced signing.
    Pulisic hasn’t had a look in yet and with Odoi coming back he’ll fall even further down the pecking order.
    Any signing at this rate would need to be a superstar.

7. Blueman

True, but after this season results will count more when the honeymoon period ends. I'm sure Frank will strengthen a bit. Central defender a definite for me, and Kepa doesn't always fill me with confidence tbf.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

If we get a CD, I hope we get Varane, we need someone of his quality or Van Dijk, both young and exceptional, or it's a waste of money. We should only buy greatness, and only need one or 2 players. I think we also need power in midfield, RLC will help but oh for a Pogba type. Mount and Gilmour look extremely good, but are a good season and a half from their top, Jorghino is OK but doesn't create enough, Barkley simply underperforms week after week. Pulisic is struggling ,not unexpected, many players do 1st season in PL. I would also like to see a Guidjohnson type of striker to compliment Tammy and Michy, who are both looking very good. I think we could let Giroud go in January if the other 2 keep improving.

10. Solid_Air 2

i meant more the way the team is set up / plays but my post wasn't very well worded.

Blueman likes this.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep central defender and maybe another CM

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well its too early to say what we will need, other than a CB, which was a given before the season started.
    If Tammy and Mount can keep up their good forms all season, then that should solve our CM and ST problems, remains to be seen though.
    Willian will probably need replacing in the summer, his contract is up come seasons end and there are clubs like Barca in for him apparently, so I doubt he will sign a new contract with us unless we pay him the earth, and he will be 32 next season, so probably best to replace him with a younger model.

13. Blueman

Ah fair shout mate. <ok>

14. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I was reading the sky sports ticker thing and at half time Paul Merson seemed to think Brighton were the better team? I didn’t think my stream was that inaccurate but it was just a case of us missing chances wasn’t it? I don’t remember Kepa making a save?!

As for recruitment I think we’ll need a wide player with Willian and Pedro due to leave and I still think we need a forward. Centre Back less of an issue if Tomori keeps playing like he is, I think we’re decent in midfield too!

Bodinki likes this.
  15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah really we have to wait until the season is over before we know for sure what we need.
    Tomori, Tammy and Mount could smash it all season and we could be fine.
    Still think we'll need a new CB though, and to get rid of Zouma.....

16. The Ginger Marks

Exactly bro Zouma was decent at Everton but that are dog ****.

17. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I'm still happy with the way things are progressing and with the players that are due to return how many new signings do we need?
    Don't think Frank will waste money on over priced foreign rubbish and why should he?.....I'm not even sure we need a centre back

18. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Like I said, if things progress the way they are then we will only need superstars. I get the feeling our purchasing policy has been a bit buy for the sake of it.
    Knowing we have real quality all over the pitch would make us think a bit harder about who we buy and when. Also with Cech as technical director it’s highly likely that Lampard will get a day in who’s bought. Having the squad back together in the back room is a huge boost.
    On another note, Terry seems to be doing a great job at villa. Would there be space for him at Chelsea?

Naas Blue likes this.
  19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well we are only a dozen games or so into the season in all comps, but Zouma has been ****ing diabolically ****, he needs to turn that around fast or he can do one.
    So we might need a new centre back! Other than that though, I dont think we need all that much work.

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Fair enough,if he don't improve he don't play.We still have 3 others.Just don't think there's any reason to panic buy anyone.