1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea V Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You are so impatient, CP.

Chill out and take a breather! let's see where we are in December

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Eddie Howe on Sarri

3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Can't see us slipping up here with whoever starts.Do hope Moses is given a chance in a forward role
    at some point,feel he's been the unlucky one in our squad at the moment..........Off topic i'm off to Greece
    for a month,prob won't post til the Liverpool game.We'll be top by then.COYB'S.

StanDMan and Naas Blue like this.
  4. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Enjoy ACB. Booze very cheapo over there. Possible to get half-pissed on a fiver !!!<cheers>

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Iv'e been waiting 49 years to see kids get a start, Is that not patient enough??
    Still, I'll take your advice and wait until Christmas !!
    Hoping for just a 1-0 against Bournemouth and different subs, or if Barkley comes on, that he is able to make another step up.

6. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ross has shown his potential already.
    Athletically & Technically he is better than Frankie. But does he have the attitude??

Hope he shows..

Tbh I would start Vic over Pedro. Pedro is the poorest finisher out there. Crazy that he gets into excellent positions.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Blah Blah Blah Morata is still a Sunday morning pub team player., When Sarri realises what we know, then we will become a team. You all talk like you know the game, yet have not singled out our weakest link. Scoring goals.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Our equally poor weakness is our inability to break down decent defences. We have scored goals in every game , though our strikers are not performing or scoring as we would hope. Until our midfield contributes better service our strikers will struggle.Signs are good though. The back 4 were pretty damned good yesterday, Dave was livlier, Alonso excellent Rudiger sound and Luiz improved after some shaky early passes. Hazard played better, Pedro eclipsed Willian, but midfield struggled .RLC added some power but had too little time.
    I'm pretty happy that we are getting there, and looking forward to more players getting opportunities with the extra games coming up. Wish we still had either Michy or Tammy as neither of the strikers seems suited to Sarris' style playing with his first pick midfield trio. When that trio gels, we should see a step up overall.

9. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was very patient with Morata, but I am finally giving up on him. Don't think Morata will ever be a fraction of Costa.

Tony is made from the same clothe as Judas <doh>

10. The Ginger Marks

11. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Bournemouth had 5 at the back and 4 just in front of them for virtually all of the first half. Bournemouth most definitely did not play open expansive football yesterday. Bournemouth relied on the quick breaks to get their goals and that back fired on them badly. Pedro breaking the deadlock in the second half then Hazard adding a second gave us a well deserved victory. For me, the pigeon on the pitch in front of the Matthew Harding stand provided more entertainment than Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth.

Bring on Cardiff in two weeks. I wonder if Neil Warnock will get Cardiff to play against us like a team of thugs?

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  12. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

It must be difficult for whoever plays up front as there is so little space. Newcastle played without a player in our half for the whole game and were so deep and whilst Bournemouth offered a bit more yesterday they weren’t much better. Morata could do more I agree but we’re having to break down a back 5 and 3 holding midfielders most weeks.

I thought we played well yesterday and the goal was coming at some point. Thought Kovacic was really good and all subs had an impact in the game which wasn’t something I was used to last season.

StanDMan likes this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

Who on earth are "ross" and Frankie" and Vic??
    Can you not drop the nicknames and work on the players names, usually surnames?
    It's very hard to try and help you when you are so ****ing evasive.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Agreed. You only have to look at how city who are a much better attacking side than us struggled against Newcastle to see how hard it is to break down an organised side.

With only 1 X factor player in hazard it's easy just to foul him all the time. We deffo need to play giroud against these types of defences

15. The Ginger Marks

He’s a twat, forget his comments.

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think Ross is Barkley, Vic is likely Victor Moses, **** knows who Frankie is.
    He does this all the time, and its ****ing annoying.
    Who the **** calls Moses, Vic?
    Never heard anyone do that.
    I dont want to get at the guy, but he really does himself no favours.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Assessing our weaknesses, Luiz has been a bit shaky everytime I have looked at him.
    He seems like the Luiz of old, great on the ball, and pacy, but reckless positionally. Yesterday he was caught out of position and it nearly cost us and also he didnt close down Joselu for Newcastles goal either.
    I want the 2016 Luiz back, when we first resigned him back from PSG, he was great that season.

In terms of breaking down defenses, with Newcastle and Bournemouth, both played a back 5 and tried to park the bus, their aim was to make it difficult to break them down yet still we won both games. We scored 3 against Arsenal and 3 against Huddersfield and are the leagues second highest goal scorers, plus the players are still getting used to our new attacking style so I am not going to read too much into it just yet. Hopefully our attacks will become more fluid over time.

18. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Just think. If Morata was any good he we would be top on goal difference now.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I pray you are not talking about Frank Lampard......

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

That didn't even occur to me, because the spastication of such a statement (that Barkley is technically better than Lampard) would exceed even the likes of Stan-Da-Fan and his usual dribblings.

The Ginger Marks likes this.