1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Jan 30, 2018.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Also playing Pedro Haza Barkley never going to work as front 3.

If Morata and Giroud unavailable then should have started Callum

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Is there some player politics involved here? You've still got a good team and shouldn't be losing that badly against Bournemouth. Sad to see Giroud go but it looks like he is massively needed in your team. Should get you goals consistently, especially with the attacking talent you have. He has tons of Prem experience and your wingers should give him plenty of opportunities. You got a real bargain on your hands there.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aye I think Giroud was a decent buy, especially at that price, in todays market, to get someone with over 100 PL goals who knows the league isn't to be sniffed at.
    But there are problems going on behind the scenes at Chelsea that is leaking on to the pitch, its getting as bad as Jose's final season.
    Conte doesn't want to be here anymore, and I cannot really blame him.

Think about it:
    You hate your job, your bosses impede you at every turn, despite the fact that results show you are exceptionally good at your job if they just trust in your vision, you can leave with **** all, or just make a pigs ear out of it until they are forced to sack you and give you £2m in compo.......I know which option I would take....

lazarus20000 likes this.
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Personally don't think its that.

there's a number of things:

firstly i don't think Conte is happy with his players. He's wanted a bigger squad and our transfers have been diabolical. Whoevers in charge needs to be shot for buying overpriced average players who apart from being average, have all come in injured.

secondly Conte has lost a bit of his sheen. I have no idea why he's playing favourites and abandonned the 3-4-3 for most of the season.

thirdly i think the fixtures have caught up on our team and conte has been inexperienced in this. Last year we didn't have any european competitions and we got knocked out pretty early in the league cup. Since Dec we have pretty much played a game every 3 or 4 days, coupled with a lack of rotation and us having injured players, and conte having a high intensity game (players running all over the shop to cover), our players are knackered and look lacklustre.

fourth, we are totally unbalanced playing hazard in the hole. He's best when he only has 1 or 2 defenders and he can roam around. He's still roaming around now but with no one up front (conte hated batshuayi for whatever reason), it means the CBs can push out and everyone is crowding the middle. Alongside Bakayoko and Kante who both cannot shoot or pass first time and have speed of thought. These two take up space in the midfield without really helping so it's so congested hazard has 3 or 4 people on him and can't really do much. Plus theres literally no one in the so even if we do cross it, theres 1 or 2 midget targets in there.

5. lazarus20000

Interesting insights from you both. It's sad to see Conte go through this because he is a likable chap and very good at what he does. He not only seems to be battling the team in the Prem but also within his own team. How anyone can go from hero to 0 that quickly is amazing. We've stuck with Wenger for years before kicking off, and even after so many Wenger Out years and now no top 4 trophy's, he's still with us. Our clubs are like the polar opposite, you get rid of managers that win you the highest trophies, we keep a manager that won nothing for years!

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its our boards that are the problem mate.
    Arsenal's are content to defer everything to Wenger, who is blatantly past his sell by date, and sit bathing in mediocrity, as long as the club is turning a profit.
    Our board are meddling ****heads who treat managers like **** and try to interfere and micro manage every aspect of the team, despite them knowing precisely **** all about football.

Your board is too hands off, and ours is too hands on.
    Its like polar opposites.
    We need a happy medium.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i don't think anyone is shouting conte out and he's a very likeable chap.

Last season he was a management genius. This year he's not been. Whether he can adapt is the key and i think he still has a lot of credit with the general fan base.

What we are disliking about him although i guess it's just him venting is that he doesn't just get on with the job and he has his favourites (cahill). At times his squad management is baffling and whether thats because he cant see the glaring errors or he's playing games with the board is a different matter.

Lastly, his spat with Mourinho has coincided with our fall in form and whether its a coincidence or part of the reason, people will point to it.

As for sacking our managers, that is pretty much Romans decisions and he pretty much gets rid of a manager as soon as we have a poor year

8. lazarus20000

I guess you know a lot more about Conte than i do so would pick up on his inconsistencies. It would be scandalous should they try and get rid of him this season. I mean, getting top 4 in your second season after winning the league is not bad in any situation. At least give him 1-2 years more. I mean comparing that to what we are going through, another poor season in the PL and currently languishing in 6th place, 6 point behind 5th place Spurs. Wenger is still safe in his job.

9. lazarus20000

We are going through another poor season in the PL, currently languishing in 6th place, 6 point behind 5th place Spurs. Wenger is safer than Fort Knox in his job. He could sleep with Stan's wife, defecate on Henry's statue and set an Arsenal fan alight and still stay in his job until his contract runs out.

Citizen Kane and BobbyD like this.
  10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i think roman might have calmed down a bit but it doesn't surprise me. I get the impression Conte is rocking the boat and if he isn't doing particularly well with football looking a bit turgid i imagine he's in line for the chop. I think with that accumulation he might go.

Roman tried to give Jose a chance but he just turned us to crap so had to go.

Rafa, Di Matteo weren't really his candidates (or were short term) so he sacked them straight off.

At his trigger happy best he sacked carlo for finising 2nd after he won the league in his first season!

11. lazarus20000

Carlo was a bad one from Roman. When we finally give Wenger his free bus pass and send him to the nearest bus stop on Holloway Road, Carlo is a name i'd love at Arsenal. He certainly would fix the defensive issues we have in a jiffy.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We should try get Carlo back when Conte ****s off, if Carlo is still jobless by then.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

hard to tell... i'm not sure ancellotti is really a defensive coach. To be honest he's not been anywhere long enough. He's the king of cups and whilst he's a good manager, i don't have him up there. As good as he has been in the CL, his league titles leave a lot to be desired.

done great for us, 1 league title in 2 seasons. Won it at PSG but that's a given. Didn't win one in Spain with Real in 2 seasons.

Won 1 in bundesliga but thats by default and was struggling this season. Think he only won 1 seria A in like 7 seasons which is pretty poor going in my books

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

honestly i wouldn't mind trying to get someone who plays front foot footie.

He's had a bit of a torrid time and always seems to go down hill a can't organise set piece defending but i think i'd be happy for us to take a punt on marco silva.

He plays the game differently to your traditional manager and i'd like to see how he'd do with different players.

15. lazarus20000

He would make a good stop gap at least until we line up a long term appointment. The thing is we need to get rid of Wenger asap and give the new manager time to repair his mistakes. Which means bringing in HIS players and fix obvious errors like a proper CBs, DM and Cazorla replacement. Ancelotti would be a good candidate to oversee our rebuilding process at least. Wenger would be a big mistake.

BobbyD likes this.
  16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

agreed, you need to rid yourself of wenger as he;s just no good anymore. He's always been a very average tactician and everything that made him great, charisma, scouting, diet plans, sports science are all things that every club has now so all those advantages he introduced to the league he doesn't have anymore.

17. lazarus20000

Agreed and the added problem was he got so involved in the financial side of things (stadium etc) that he forgot about improving as a coach. He also became one stubborn old fart too, making the same mistakes over and over again.

BobbyD likes this.
  18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

yup too stubborn with his pet project and saving money for the club. No one could envisage it but the markets blown up now so saving the 10/20 odd million every season is now super chump change and you may as well not have saved it.

I thought he did a good job keeping you top 4 and thought he still had the beans. It was after getting alexis and ozil, being able to splash the cash and seeing that you were still performing the same that i knew he'd lost it.

It's been an amusing journey to wenger out on the arsenal board too lol

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What makes big teams like Chelsea, Arsenal ,Liverpool and the rest think they have the god given right to think they will get the 3 points of the smaller clubs ? ....Every team can beat each other on the day as there is only a fag paper between them and when a so called big club dont show any respect then they are asking for trouble.... Look at liverpool for example....Last week they beat the runaway leaders and the next game they played the rock bottom club the Swans and they were far too confident that all they had to do was turn up and the 3 points was theirs......Wrong they were beaten.......All clubs are guilty of thinking that they have 3 points in the bag when playing teams below them but they could not be so far from the truth.....

Citizen Kane and armchairblue like this.
  20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Ancelotti would be a big mistake for me unless he had a brilliant coach with him.Wilkins ran the show for him last time,
    people seem to forget that.We were never going to win the league this season,Conte needs time and support.If
    he doesn't get it the loss will be ours.

BobbyD likes this.