1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Sep 14, 2017.

1. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with this, which is why I made the comment about ambition in my original post. I just find the "Commitment" thing is getting old.

2. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Ozil is weak in the tackle. Flimsy is his closing down. He's not strong enough. I've always said Ozil is one of the best players we've seen in terms of pure technique and vision but he lacks a lot physically. This league calls for athletes. Skill will only get us so far. The likes of Hazard, Kante, Aguero, etc. are all small but powerful.
    Ozil is "too classy" for the rough and tumble. Welbeck is vital in this squad as we need to defend from the front. I hoped for that same lineup except Alexis in for Iwobi.

Wenger whether intentionally or by coincidence was bang on to leave Ozil out. I would start him midweek against Doncaster though.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You played well but I fully expect you to be ****e again soon.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd like to tell you to **** off with your wumming .... but I expect you're probably right. <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

yup after a good performance, watch the old arsenal come back... against West Brom too, how many set pieces do you expect WBA to score. :bandit:

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

You cant measure commitment its true. But we can all see who's trying and who is'nt.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. ToledoTrumpton

You really think any professional footballer isn't trying? I really think this board is ridiculous when people write that sort of thing.

Even if we pretend that somehow that is possible given all the training, travel, long days and diet he would be doing and that it would be completely wasted, we now have to believe that he runs further than most other people on the field, to deceive people into thinking he is trying hard, yet all the while not really trying, while always creating more chances, key passes, completing more passes, making more interceptions and tackles than the players you do think are trying. That is some act!

I realize you guys don't like him, but why don't you say he is a alien from outer-space or something, it is probably more credible.

8. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I know what games I know having Ozil is gonna be harmful to us. This squad doesn't have the type of players to protect us. Was so pleased to see he was not gonna be playing. I think he should start vs. Doncaster if he is fit.

9. ToledoTrumpton

Ozil was injured. And our record in the PL over the last three years without him is:

Won Newcastle 0:1
    Draw Stoke 0:0
    Draw Man City 2:2

Lost Liverpool 3:4
    Won Crystal Palace 2:0
    Draw Bournemouth 3:3
    Lost Liverpool 3:1
    Lost West Brom 3:1

Drawn Chelsea 0:0

It is a very popular opinion to bash Ozil right now, but when people write stuff like this I wonder whether they care more about belonging in the negative Arsenal community, or Arsenal winning games.

Recent studies show that getting positive feedback on social media, eg likes, gives people a shot of dopamine, very similar to scoring a goal at sport or positive feedback from video games. The study shows social media is more addictive than video games. I think most of you care more about that shot of dopamine on here for the likes you get knocking Arsenal, than truth, or supporting Arsenal.

10. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0114-dull: K.
    Still I won't play him against the top sides where we need to be more conservative

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

You're right. Ozil is just getting critised because we all hate him.

There's no reasoning behind the critsicm. He's the best player and has no motivational/character issues that are effecting his performance. He's amazing and everyone is wrong.

BobbyD likes this.
  12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Intrigued. Source?

13. ToledoTrumpton

14. ToledoTrumpton

Well, if you have no tangible basis for your opinion that I can evaluate, I can only assume that you hold the opinion because it is popular. If you have something better let's see it.

You might as well say he is an alien in perfect disguise, because there is no way of detecting this laziness that everyone goes on about.

All we get is, "Yes, he is running further and achieving more than the other players in most statistical categories, but we all know that he is really achieving less."

I mean if he is running 1.5K more than Sanchez when he is lazy, then he must be ****ing superman, or how useless must Sanchez be?

I mean there is Sanchez, working his socks off and he is that far behind the lazy guy!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Contrary to all the talk, I don't think it's a commitment thing but a case of proper balance in our team. Ozil isn't a run of the mill type player, he has a special set of skills that when the conditions are right will reap you huge benefits. Do we have the right mix of players playing alongside him especially when we are up against the top or more challenging teams? One such player is Cazorla and without him, our midfield hasn't looked the same. We still haven't worked out our best midfield.

gooner4ever and ToledoTrumpton like this.
  16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ozil is a class player, he does things and sees things that other players simply cannot do. But that said, he simply isn't the player who is going to dig you out of a hole when the team is getting battered.

But then we have players who will dig in and fight, but who do not have the skill and vision of Ozil, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

People used to say the same thing about Pires, that he doesn't tackle. But he offered so much going forward that it didn't really matter. Although that classic Bergkamp goal. Newcastle was initiated via a Pires tackle if I recall ?

18. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Ozil just needs to be used correctly.

Our current squad is just not equipped to get the best out of him. IMO we will be better off with a more dynamic #10. A player that can do more than just create chances for other to **** up. A Coutinho, Dybala, Isco type. They may have the vision of Ozil but they will take players on and not get easily barged off the ball. They will contribute a fair share of goals.

That's just how I see this current Arsenal side. In the team that had Vieira and Gilberto in the middle, and the intelligence of Henry up top, Ozil would have been devastating.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup, everyone except you sees this. We've all been brainedwashed into thinking Ozil is lazy. Defensively he is lazy and weak, he clocks up most of his distance jogging around the field trying to find space for passes. Let's just say hes not lazy, then he doesn't have the intensity in his running to defend where you guys are weak (when you are being countered) in which case he isn't smart enough to defend properly (you could argue this isn't his job but in the big games everyone needs to get involved).

Even Pep who is famed for his attacking football demands his players all defend.

Fabregas is a player who clocks up loads of distance in a game too but he again cannot defend to save his life.

20. ToledoTrumpton