1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea Rent Boys Vs Newcastle

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

yes but sometimes the probability needs assessing

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Ok, SB win ratio in the PL is 28% so chances are we will win 1 game. This is then backed up by winning 2 of 9 games (after todays) which is 22% win ratio.

That said this is over a period of time and theoretical probability is different to experimental probability. He may win the next 4 games then not win the following 12 games to keep roughly with his 28% win ratio.

3. Dr Van Helsing

I've changed my mind just look at the opposition and decide if it's more or less likely you get a result

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Wolves is a big one. Win that then confidence will be up against West Ham. Then not lose to the Ham boys and Bournemouth home should be achievable.

Problem is........ Steve Bruce. No matter who we are playing, with him as manager we are more likely to lose than win.

Munson. likes this.
  5. Dr Van Helsing

the thing is people will think we need to change something again and we don't ! just play the same side vs those teams and we can judge after that. That side has played twice and taken 3 points from man united and chelses so ffs let's hope he has the sense to not commit suicide

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

He's doing alright.

We played well again, the league table hasn't settled yet. Once again another win and we will be bouncing back up, i think we will be ok.

Honestly I'm so apathetic to newcastle I don't give a **** if we go down. What do we even do in the prem?

When Ashleys out, I'll start going mental at losing a game.

7. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that Clark every gets enough rep for how well he plays. He's always the one to skip down the pecking order but he always seems to do a really good job for me. He's also a threat at the other end.

8. Pukkareturns

Pukkareturns Member

We were pretty average , containing then the master changed it.
    Result, beat.
    Well done SB , a master.

9. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

A well deserved defeat we all expected and some interesting performances. Clark reminded people about what he can do. Willems demonstrated why his club sent him out on loan. The brothers are not yet ready to own the middle.

So enough of the positive stuff.....

Lascelles great strength is his tackling, which has often compensated for his lack of mobility. I think it's time for him to have a rest on the bench.
    Miggy has now played 20 games I believe, 9 under Bruce, and 11 when we were a world class entertainment team under that Spanish mercenary second coming bloke. We've had all sorts of bollocks - Ritchie won't pass to him being my favourite. He's playing in the wrong position is the latest. So, I think most of us will agree, a winger he ain't. A number 10? - no chance. It seems the only position that will suit him is vaguely somewhere between defense and midfield, down the middle, with no responsibilities except being 'creative'. 20 games no goals, no assists, 2 key passes does not even whisper creativity. I would really, really love him to come good, but to coin a phrase of my dear departed Grandma, 'He's all up front with nothing in the kitchen'. Supersub is his current best position.
    JoeLinton - has not looked good, but....
    He's a footballing forward, not a good old English beast so many English people like (including me a little). As and when he is partnered with someone else, and crosses start arriving from the flanks rather than the half-way line, and just now and again, he gets the ball to feet, then we shall see what he can do.
    In short, I've never brought into the idea that our back 3 are great. It is strength of numbers that have made it look that way. Goals are what is required. Lascelles, bench for me mainly because he is not able to see a pass. We have largely stopped the square passing before giving it to the keeper to boot into the channels (which is a euphemism for aimlessly), now we need to start some building from the back.
    Whatever happens with centre midfield selection, things must change up top. Miggy looks like the deluxe version of Atsu right now, much better to look at, a slightly bigger engine, but effectually, the same kind of performance.

10. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

There's a subtle difference, but when we play more 3-4-3 we do well; when we start going backwards and fall into 5-4-1 we struggle. It's a mindset, I think, and we also need a much stronger central midfield. 3 CB's suits our options very well; Dummett/Clark left footers, Schar a more mobile CB, but you need a strong tackler alongside. Lampard did a good job, singling out Schar as one to close down, but letting Clark/Lascelles have the ball. But the problem here is we need a really good CM pairing. Longstaff's had a superb game against Man U (weaker opposition?) but were really second best against Jorginho and Barkley/Kovacic. If we were better there, we could get more of a hold and allow ASM and Almiron more attacking freedom. It's a lot of responsibility on the Longstaffs and I'd probably have to opt for Hayden and Sean primarily, because I can't see Ki or Shelvery being the answer. We're just really lacking here and desperately need to find a Kante or Ndidi before they get noticed by proper football clubs.

Joelinton is clearly a very talented player, but he needs ASM and Almiron closer to him. If we can't do that with our formation and players, then maybe we need to go for something like 5-3-2 instead, put Hayden in alongside the Longstaff's and go with two up top, benching both ASM and Almiron. Could then switch to 3-5-2 with Almiron/ASM wide replacing our starting players, Willems/Ritchie and Yedlin.

11. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Interesting to see a few players and Bruce himself have come and and highlighted ASM lack of match fitness yesterday and today. Not the lads fault but worrying that Bruce has pointed it out as well despite letting him play 80+ mins. I get that he needs to get 90 under his belt to work on the fitness as he missed most of preseason and the beginning of the season but against Chelsea, away from home, at 0-0? Surely there are better games to do it...

12. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

All managers make mistakes, unfair to pull Bruce up on every, single one of his. I think the difficulty we have at the moment is Bruce doesn't quite know how to game-manage this team. We've got plan a, then some mish mash of plan a as backup. Joelinton for Carroll was the change to make, ASM for Atsu, Ki for M. Longstaff. Almiron wasn't great, but just stick with him. Taking him off when he's not the worst option is a real blow for his confidence, which is already low.

If Bruce cuts some of these mistakes, and just pushes the team 10 yards up the pitch - and keeps them there instead of letting them retreat - we'll pick up more points.

13. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

S
    Sounds like our game

14. Dr Van Helsing

man united have always fixed matches

15. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Hard to have any sympathy with the amount of pens and free kicks you get from diving

Seabass likes this.
  16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Bloody hell mate. You sound like a blue ****e or a manc <yikes>

17. Dr Van Helsing

:emoticon-0178-rock:<party>