1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea now at make or break point???

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Now the wreckage of the past year is needing to be cleaned up, I see Chelsea at a point of make or break. Get the next manager wrong again and we might well be long term bottom feeders in the PL . What player of note would want to join us, what player of note in the squad would want to stay if we continue in the way we have been run ?
    From Boehly to the boot cleaners, we need to get our act together, get our squad together, get rid of the players who don't fit us, no matter how good they are. The mighty All Blacks have a team philosophy which they never vary,
    " No dick heads" in the team ,on or off the pitch.
    In my opinion, this starts with a manager of the highest integrity, most experience, and most courage.Sentiment needs to be replaced with pragmatism. We need a real plan and someone to execute it with vision.
    Then the players need to be committed, hungry, up for the fight and not there just for the money. We need to become a Team again.
    Our aim should be , firstly, win all our games or lose with heads high until seasons' end, be fighting for top 4 by end of next season, and be back among the winners be the next.
    We are starting now even further behind than this season. Hope our decision makers park their egos and ignorance and go about their jobs professionally and sensibly, and the Team follows.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well it looks like Frank 2.0 until the season ends, then probably Luis Enrique next season, from what I am hearing.
    I am instantly wary of anyone whose only CV offering is league titles with an El Classico team. Its like winning the SPL with Rangers or Celtic.
    He did grab a CL win, but with possibly the best football team in world history that he inherited from Pep, and he is NOT going to be inheriting that at Chelsea.

As for the personnel, with maybe half a dozen exceptions, I am ready for a clean out. We need to sell or dump probably 12 players in the summer. Then we need a new centre mid and a fecking striker, and we are ready to challenge for top 4 again comfortably.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

!00% correct from me.
    I don't rate Luiz Enrique in the same League as Carlo Ancellotti, in fact that's who I think would be our best choice in our position, even above Nagelsman. In another situation Nagelsman would be excellent but not while we are a shambolic train smash.
    Ancelotti has an incredible pedigree, is a serial winner, a veteran Manager of giant Clubs, often bigger than Chelsea, so he has no fear of the Boehlys of this world. And Real win the big trophys, and sign the worlds best players. He would bring respect to the Club of which we now have none, a no nonsense approach of management which Boehly needs to learn to respect, a success rate second to few, and a style of football Chelsea can only dream about.
    On every level, he's my choice for our next Manager.
    Oh, and he is a totally moral and decent human being.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

100% agree, been saying the same thing on the Prem board all week.
    He would command respect from the players AND the board and is PL proven.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

rather zidane myself.

Carlo is great if you want the CL. His league record is actually pretty shocking considering who he has managed through the years.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

All I want is not to be sitting in 11th with a £2 billion squad, with a team that cant score goals and a manager who doesnt know rat **** from Rice Krispies.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

I think rat **** tastes better than Rice Krispies !!