1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Chelsea bag Rudiger

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Jul 9, 2017.

1. The Ginger Marks

Premier League champions Chelsea have signed Germany defender Antonio Rudiger from Roma on a five-year contract for an initial fee of £29m.

Rudiger, 24, completed the transfer one week after helping world champions Germany win the Confederations Cup.

"It's a great feeling because not every player has the opportunity to join a huge club like this," said Rudiger.

The fee for Chelsea's first major signing of the summer could rise to £33.3m with add-on clauses.

"Antonio is still young but is experienced at club and international level and possesses all the requisite attributes to thrive in the Premier League," said Chelsea's technical director Michael Emenalo.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

What does A.C think of this, is he one of his picks?

3. The Ginger Marks

Absolutely

Diego likes this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

From the little I have seen (Confed cup only) he looks a very good player.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. The Ginger Marks

He's young but has experience at international level will improve greatly into our back 3/4

Diego likes this.
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'm more concerned what stan thinks.

I imagine it'll be something like, if the fee was 5 million cheaper he'd be the best signing ever but at this price we are doomed and will struggle to make top 8.

Diego and Blueman like this.
  7. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Good signing but can't help thinking it's not the most important spot we should be strengthening. We have and had plenty of quality from our youth and would loved to have seen them get more games instead of being sold and loaned, but what do I know about managing a football team?

A striker should be our key focus, seeing as Diego is off soon. Now, here's a thought, what if we use Costa as a makeweight for a potential griezemann deal in Jan? United have their man and I doubt will be looking to blow another £80m on a striker.

Alternatively, Morata now looks like a district possibility.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

ive said similar re griezman for a while. may be tricky to do in jan due to champions league, being cup tied.

If costa is prepared to wait until jan, why not give us one more year and we do a swap of sorts next summer? seems a no brainer.

9. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

It is the 3 knee ops and the discipline record that bothers me. That and I believe he isn't all that much ahead of Andreas Christensen. Yes have no JT, but did we have him that much last season. We had no Zouma and his return wasn't ever going to be spectacular. Yep CB isn't the place we need covering.

10. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Maybe the idea is to get Dave out at left WB to push Alonzo I donno.

StanDMan likes this.

11. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think Azpi might move over to Left centre and Rudiger might take Cahills place at some point.

StanDMan likes this.
  12. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<doh> <doh>

FFS - this Rudiger kid isn't overhyped, he is not bought for absurd money and he has Kante in front of him.
    He has less chance of failure if his knee keeps up ofcourse <ok>

I thought Rudiger had 1 ACL op, didn't know he had multiple knee issues?
    Zouma had 1 and he looks a shadow. I cannot fathom Emenalo & co. Do they even have a semblance of common sense?

If Manu can make Rooney as makeshift for Lukaku - we should easily do a straight swap + few millions for Griezman by packing away Costa to Madrid.

But Emenalo & co can easily fcuk this up too. If anyone can, Emenalo & co can surely fcuk it up.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017