1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 2

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

You are spot on regarding movement from attackers. For so long we have only attacked down the sidelines and crossed into the box, all we do is collect there waiting for a cross.Felix runs in but meets a wall of defenders because we have no Striker running those defenders around. We are predictable and poor anywhere near the goals.
    Nevertheless when and if we have a striker fit and playing regularly, and a manager who can add some tactics, we should be able to fairly quickly play to our abilities.
    We need 2 strikers, not just one, far too many games for one. We also need a back up for Enzo, he can't play every game either, just another small problem.

Treble likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Funnily enough we have a similar problem, except thankfully we have Rashford who is able to finish. But as you said with Chelsea, we have lots of midfielders who can get into the box but can't convert the chances. And I agree about the striker coming in, bcos I feel once we get a CF all those chances will be converted.

Btw it is kind of ironic that you used to always have midfielders that scored goals and now not one of yours can.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

I think that may be for the same reason I mentioned. I'll back Felix to score for fun with a proper decent striker pulling defenders around. Pity Kovacic can't score, he's actually brilliant everywhere else !!

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

you need to offload players before you add anymore to ypur already bloated squad

5. Chelsea Pensioner

That goes without saying, and at least 7 players are on the "For Sale" list. Some almost certain ones are Pulisic, Ziyech, Dave, next level, Koulibaly, Mount ( self imposed),
    then Gallagher, RLC, Kovacic ( a mistake for me) plus Lukaku, and in my opinion 3 more from our underperforming current squad, then possibly some of our best youngsters.
    So, very difficult and controversial decisions to be made, that must be made. Won't be pleasant, won't be popular, but here we are all by our own hand and it needs fixing.

6. Solid_Air 2

problem is the most of european football is skint so unless you let them leave for nominal fees your only market is the PL .

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think one thing we have going for us is the money we could fetch on some of the English players. Loftus Cheek, Hudson Odoi and Gallagher/Mount will all fetch decent fees simply because they’re English. Perhaps even Chalobah if we wanted rid of him, that’s probably 100M there or there abouts.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  8. Solid_Air 2

maybe but Felix would cost about that if you want to keep him .

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I wouldnt, for that price

Gareth1808 likes this.
  10. Solid_Air 2

Chelsea Pensioner wants it done and soon

i wouldn't at that price either but then i feel like that over lots of transfers.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I reckon Felix and Enzo are consistently our best players since Potter. Unfortunately if we want players that good , then they cost stupid money, and we paid it for Enzo.
    I thought Felix had an 80 price tag ?? It's madness, but surely a better spend than 88M for Mudryk???? We have wasted so much, we are our own worst enemy.
    However top players make the difference, Haarland anyone???? Who wouldn't pay his asking price now??
    Nevertheless we sure need to clean out loads of players then do our sums and stop the wastage. Maybe we should spend a few quid on a good accountant??

12. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Agree. There is no doubt he’s absolutely wonderful to watch but for 80M I think you’d expect more goals/assists. I saw someone on Twitter describe him as Mateo Kovacic who plays further forward and I thought it was pretty accurate.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Sort of, but at least Felix hits the posts while Kova shoots 20 meters over !!!