1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chels v Leeds... Cup Final.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naas Blue, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Great atmosphere and a cracking game. Hutch to the rescue !!! Pitch was in ****e condition but Old Trafford it is on the 29th. Tickets will be like hen's teeth ! Hopefully we can win this elusive first F.A. Cup. I'm predicting 2-1 and Ossie to score and keep his " goal-in-every-round " going. Just back from the pub and half-pissed. Lost my programme on the tube...feckin cost me 2 shillings !!!

2. The Ginger Marks

Watched it on the app this morning, great game. It was appraised by a modern day ref some time back who said he would have booked 15 and sent off 8. <laugh>

Naas Blue likes this.
  3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Just heard "The Cat" has sadly passed away.Gutted.

4. Naas Blue

Bloody hell A.B. Didn't know that as i got no news today. Unbelivible to think i was watching the rerun of the cup final on the Chels website yesterday, with The Cat making some great saves, and he was going to die the next day. So sorry to hear that. Rest in Peace. :(<rose>

5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I thought this was a tribute thread when i saw the title<doh>.....Had the honour of seeing him many times when i first started going
    back in 78.

Naas Blue likes this.
  6. Naas Blue

A.B. There is no thread up yet...you should start one.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Is that right?? Heard nothing.
    Now there was someone that Kepa could study if he wants to keep his place.
    Unfortunately, time really waits for no one.

8. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

R.I.P The Cat.....kept us in the game at Wembley and bravely soldiered on at Old Trafford despite being knobbled; Webb was having a howler but he more than made up for it in the replay. Looking back our saving grace came the FAs decision to hold the final a month earlier to help England acclimatise for Mexico and the Horse of the Year show held a week before.

9. The Ginger Marks

Nice little tidbit of those two games, Webby got roasted out wide at Wembley so in the replay Chopper sapped with him and clogged Gray within 5 minutes of the start. Ron was standing over him while he was on the ground and said, ‘did that hurt’? To which Gray said it was a bit late. Ron said never mind you’ve got another 85 minutes of that to look forward to.

10. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

These are very upsetting times, Norman Hunter - the Leeds defender from that Cup Final - passed away due to the Covid virus. Had we had Norman Hunter alongside Chopper Harris we could have hacked and kicked our way to the 1970 league championship as well. RIP “The Cat” and “bite yer legs Hunter”.

armchairblue likes this.