1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheese Rissoles

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by luvgonzo, Sep 12, 2017.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

" over my dead body "

You mean you want to be embalmed in Marmite ?
    That's a novel idea.

With the right kind of publicity, it could spread. <laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I love every kind of veg except one that i just cant abide and that is Parsnips....YUK The rest of the family love them though...

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Dogs Bollocks

Bring 1/3 of a cup of milk or cream to a slow boil, add salt, pepper and a nob of butter or a swig of extra virgin, rape seed oil just as good. Stirring constantly SLOWLY add 1/2lb (more if you like) of grated extra Mature cheddar, stronger the better. When melted stir in half as much again of Bree or any strong soft cheese. Keep stirring until consistency of thickish custard but DONT add flower. Add more cheese or milk to get consistency.

When constancy is right, like a thick custard, add chopped Basil and sage to taste and a pinch of salt and black pepper, not too much. Here's where you can get creative by squeezing in some onion paste and or chilli paste at this point (must be paste). Each way makes a totally different mix and each is gorgeous. The important thing to remember at this point is to stir in a table spoon full of Marmite.

Dont forget to keep stirring gently all the time, dont let the cheese burn.

When it starts to bubble its ready, take it off the heat, pour it into a bowl and leave it, don't cover just let it cool. When cool enough, then cover and put in fridge over night.

If you've done it right next morning you can turn bowl upside down and the filling will fall out in one big blob of wobbling cheese. A table spoon at a time, roll into a ball, batter then deep fry in very hot oil for 20 seconds or until batter turns brown. Serve as part of a meal, I prefer to eat them on them hot on their own with a glass or two of chilled white or very cold cider. There's nothing like the dogs bollocks on a summer day.

4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Tune in next week for Stumpy's Healthy Recipe of the week - same time same channel <cheers>

upload_2017-9-15_22-2-32.png

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I'm going to have a go at them next week. :)

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If you cant get consistency right then add teaspoon of flower in 1/4 cup of milk to the mix if it need firming up but don't add too much coz it dulls the taste quite a bit. Also, forgot to mention, preferred batter is beer batter but any will do, the main rule being it must be crispy.

Bulls balls
    Exactly same process as dogs bollocks but wrap cheese balls in pate or meat paste, not chicken, fish paste is good but not salmon. If using fish or meat paste mix with finely chopped herbs, paprika, salt and black pepper to give it a little kick; personally I like oregano, rosemary and fenugreek, but its down to personal taste. Wrap cheese in the pate or paste and let them sit in fridge for 10 mins, important. Then batter (beer batter, crispy) and deep fry till batter turns golden, don't let it burn.

Coz the balls aren't standard size its trial and error but try to gauge the cheese melting in the middle.

I've had far too much time on my hands lately, lucky for Jamie Oliver I got a day job now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Give me those Dutch Croquets any day ...ummmmmmm

Stumpy likes this.