1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Checkatrade Trophy V Exeter

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sky also say 3,800.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I don't have to follow the 'party line' at all sensible, there is obviously a staff social media code of conduct but that is quite rightly mainly concerned with commercial in confidence stuff(money) and not bringing the club into disrepute. The question was do we think there is unrest in the camp and, I don't! The Players are obviously upset about the poor form, bad luck and poor discipline but that is a whole lot different than divisions in the camp caused by something that may or may not have happened. For the record I have no idea what is alleged to have happened- if it was causing an issue at the Club, then I suspect I would know a bit more.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

As far as the match was concerned,it was an entertaining and chilled out affair. Clearly there was a sub plot given our recent form , but it was a good work out. We were the better side, they were the more clinical finishers. we played some good football at times and there were also some defensive frailties. 2 more points, so without doing the maths, I think a win against Yeovil would probably be enough to progress.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

A win over Exeter generally brings its bragging rights, but this didn't seem quite like that.

Adams desperate for a good result put out the strongest team he could muster.....Exeter on the other hand made eight changes, resting players with their league promotion push in mind.

Exeter took the lead twice....Argyle scored their first equalizer in the first half a first this season....and did well to get both their goals soon after going behind.

Drawing 2-2 at full time and taking into account the teams picked, I would suggest that Exeter felt more satisfied with a draw.

For a team struggling and lacking confidence you have to applaud Argyle's penalty taking....just like the Chelsea game they came through well with a 100% record, being encouraged by Exeter missing their first kick.

Concerns about the right back position for the Fleetwood match, Sokolik had a hard time and will he be up to it in the league game on Saturday.....we are desperate for Threlkeld to get match fit...we have so missed him.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I don't agree that ECFC should feel more satisfied.

If we'd lost this, fragile confidence would have been weakened further so it was essential we got the result. Blissett scored again which is a bonus.

Exeter picked their side and have to stand by it; We're very far from having a full squad to choose from and I'd suggest that this was far from our strongest team without McCormick, Threlkeld, Taylor, Bradley, Ainsworth and Taylor-Sinclair being available.

Whether this is a turning point remains to be seen but in its own small way, it was very much job done.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Job done notDistant would have been beating them in 90 minutes....we played are best available team...Exeter left out key players from their starting eleven and gave us a hard game still.

if it improves our performance on Saturday against Fleetwood then great, but as you know...we are vulnerable at right back and Sokolik will find it hard, as he did last night against Exeter Reserves.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No offence intended lyndhurst. My meaning was that IF there was a rift and you knew there was you would not be telling all and sundry on the internet and quite rightly so. I for one would not expect you to and would be disappointed if you did. I don't expect any insider info from you on here and neither should anyone else. That's not to say I don't think there may be something in the rumours however.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Hope fully if there is a problem it has or gets sorted out and the players get on with the job. I have rifts within our staff, what can you do, They are only youngsters after all.. :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:.
    These things happen at all clubs. Heads will be down due to the form and the amount of red cards, only way to put it right is pull together and lets build on Tuesday.. We have the players to move us up the league when they are all back in contention..