1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Vs Scunny.

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Apr 13, 2018.

1. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Are you on drugs? He has only got the f****** job until the end of this season. Even if a miracle happens and we went up, "Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer" would not get the job. Whoever takes over know who they are going to appoint, regardless of the division we are in.

2. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

The team never got going today. We never got tight to the opposition, never really went in for any 50/50 balls, never showed much sense of urgency.

Too many half-hearted attempts to play the ball out from the back when there was little or no movement ahead of it. And once near the end of the first half when Scunthorpe were passing the ball around their back four, every single Charlton player stood still and watched them for several seconds - until the frustrated crowd howled at the players to move.

I do not know why there was no hunger today, no desire to win from our players.
    Even Fosu could do little to change things when he came on, the players around him were moving so poorly.

If Ben Amos had not made several decent saves we could have lost 0-3 or 0-4.

3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

From an 'outsiders' point of view, if you forget Scunthorpe's position, their current form is dreadful. They had not won a game in the last 10 and had only won one in the last fourteen.

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Kashi was back on the bench today and I hope he starts our final 4 games this season before he leaves in the summer. I can also see Fosu moving on this summer if Championship clubs come calling.

Of the loans - Amos is decent but is unlikely to fancy another year in Div 3. Da Silva won’t touch us again with a barge pole (I voted for him as POTY today). The other loans - King of the Stepovers Mavidi, bottle job Zyro, and invisible KaiKai - are not worth a w*nk.

What our team will look like in League One next season is a frightening prospect. Without serious investment we could be relegation fodder. The likes of Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Magennis, F-Caskey and Marshall are simply not good enough to get us out of League One. They have proved it time and again.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Dodoo is my POTY.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  6. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Today was the pits apart from Amos everyone was rank

7. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

You do know Kaikai is just a creature made of the bits of Dodoo he didn't need.

DickPlumb and lardiman like this.
  8. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Had a great day yesterday which didn't involve Charlton. After the last two results I can't see us winning a further match. From what has been said on here and other forums we lacked any sort of desire. Well if the players can't be bothered I don't know why I should. I said at the beginning of the season we would get 63 points and it looks like I won't be far out.