1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I feel like I have said this to many times this season without it happening but we have a chance to really put a run together and apply pressure on those above us, a few times we have got to this pint and lost but I feel something is different now since that win against Villa there appears to be a new confidence.

in terms of us I can’t see to many changes if any at all, possibly Arter may get a game and I think Kongolo will be in the squad but that’s it’s.

I know Charlton well and work with a few fans, there early season good form has fallen apart and it has coincided with there talented midfield disappearing.... West Ham loanee Josh Cullen was injured two months ago and is back in training but it would be a shock to see him start against us as he wasn’t even on the bench today.... Jonny Williams was injured two months ago though did play today so will likely play against us... the best news is Connor Gallagher the young Chelsea loanee who has been there best player was recalled by Chelsea.

Despite missing a lot of there starting midfield Lyle Taylor and Bonne upfront will carry a goal threat.

This is a great chance for another away win but Charlton have been competitive in all there games and even with all there injury issues they still got a 2-2 home draw with West Brom only a week ago.

We score first and I think we win this by a few I just hope the team are up for it from the off as despite there poor form they are still decent at home.

2. Cookie-6262

Cancel me saying Taylor and Bonne will carry a goal threat for Charlton it appears they are part of the injury crisis. To be honest we couldn’t be playing them at a better time and it would be a massive disappointment if we don’t continue where we left off.

3. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

We could really do with 3 points here after WBA slipping up against Stoke. Would put us 1 point behind Leeds and 2 behind WBA. That would put the pressure on

2whitestripes likes this.
  4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

3 Points would be very nice on Wednesday. The pressure is getting to some teams and it's becoming very interesting but long way to go yet. This is the beauty of the Championship ! 2000 or so going to Charlton will spur the guys on. I'm going to watch it on TV for a change and really looking forward to it.

I agree with Cookie, same team as Saturday, maybe Artur starting. They gave us a good game at the Cottage so should be a good watch.

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this being covered on TV, who is covering this COYW?

6. 2whitestripes

COYW, I see it's on Sky, Red Button...................brilliant!!

Fulham COYW likes this.
  7. Cookie-6262

For anyone else going make sure you have your hat gloves and scarf it’s going to be cold

8. 2whitestripes

My view is that Charlton worked much harder than us, apart from their keeper who went into slow motion for every goal or free kick he took. The ref seemed to wave on almost anything other than a very bad foul, quiet bizarre really. The keeper was warned for time wasting in the last knocking's of the game, 6 subs in 2nd half, yet 3 mins additional time. Perhaps he was bored too.
    We didn't put in enough effort, speed or grit to win in the end, TC looked to have his heart and soul elsewhere and hardly a forward pass which is worrying. Charlton only threatened when we made errors and there were too many of those, back in the Prem we would have lost 4 nil or more.
    A point gained, but two dropped.

9. Cookie-6262

First of all the worst game of football I ve seen in a long time.

Charlton did work very hard but in a very defensive manner they were obviously desperate to defend well and get two banks of four in place against us. To be honest this surprised me they are in a relegation battle and at home thought they might try for 3 points. Basically we played without a striker and they played with 10 men behind the ball and were happy with a point from the start due to this the game could still be going on and no one would win.

1. We missed a striker, it’s hard enough to break teams down as it is the sooner Mitro or Kamara get back the better

2. We missed Knockeart, we worked it out wide loads of times and it then broke down we needed someone who could beat a man one on one

3. Charlton At home have beaten Leeds and drawn with WBA and Brentford so maybe not to bad especially as we should have won it with the one decent chance of the game missed by Hector

4. The next game is big a draw away from home is a good result if you win at home in the next game.

5. The biggest disappointment for me was Parker changing it earlier, I would have changed formation or brought young Stansfield on a lot earlier

Rumours are Mitro and Kamara are close and could be involved against Man City looking at the video of Mitro in the gym he does seem to be doing well. I’m usually one for taking the cups seriously but given Man City will be taking the cup seriously and our position in the league I would be resting all injured players plus Hector Bryan and Cavaleiro. I would give Kongolo 90 minutes fitness.