1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton Athletic players accused in Ibiza

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, Jun 13, 2018.

1. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

I would have thought so. They are high profile employees of the Club and unofficial ambassadors for the CAFC brand.
    If they are convicted, what they have done must qualify as gross misconduct which brings disrepute upon their employer.
    Things have come to a sorry pass if a footballer's contract now has to include a 'don't rape anybody' clause.

DickPlumb likes this.
  2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

They have to be convicted by a Court first.

3. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Just to clarify, I was assuming Holden Chinaski meant surely they can be sacked for gross misconduct if they are convicted (as Ched Evans was).

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The girl involved is at the beginning of a nightmare, if the Evans case is anything to go by.

5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

There was a huge case over here which is still ongoing involving a group of 5 blokes who went to the San Fermin bull run. They called themselves 'the Wolf pack' and on one of the nights, wandering the streets of Pamplona they came across a girl on her own. From here the story veers into versions and prspectives. The group went into an abandoned building and proceeded to have sex with the girl in all ways imaginable, while filming the whole thing, and walked off with her mobile phone. There was a long investigation, a nnasty court case back in january, and in may the five were convicted of sexual abuse, but NOT rape, which sent a lot of people mad. One judge even thought the film of the event showed consensual sex and only wanted to prosecute for the mobile phone theft.
    This is not in any way to draw lines between the two cases as they are evidently different events, but there is quite a movement against rape and pressure for long sentences. As I have no idea what went on in Ibiza, I can't comment on that, but if there is a prosecution against these lads, and if it results in a guilty verdict, they could be looking at a long stretch.
    Horrible story in any case. Even if this was consensual sex, it's pretty sordid to be filming it.

6. CAFC'sBestInterests

CAFC'sBestInterests Well-Known Member

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As a club this is the sort of thing you just don't need. Gives every troll the excuse to tune in and give it large when the club itself has done nothing wrong. I personally wouldn't care if they were guilty of the charges or not. The fact they were even involved in something that sordid is enough for me to say "you're fired". You have to wonder what exactly goes through their small brain cell or if indeed they even bothered to engage it at all. You have enormous potential to earn a shed load of cash in life and are doing a job most of us would die for and you jeopardise it all for what exactly. A quick thrill to brag to your mates about. They don't deserve to be successful. Get rid.

Crack Addick and deleted..... like this.