1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Changes Needed NOW

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Jan 8, 2022.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Don't care who goes but unless something happens, we're playing League Two next season. I've even resigned myself to that fact.

I don't actively look to go to Priestfield anymore at the moment. Even when do, it's only more for the company and beers before the match. I'm sick to death with the state of the club is at the moment. Even with fit players and a new striker, we choose to play Robbie McKenzie, a defensive minded player as a number 10!?!? In what world does that ever make sense? Not convinced at any point this season playing Bennett, Ehmer & Tucker together at once has worked either. Why no Danny Lloyd, Ben Reeves or Olly Lee in the starting lineup?? They have the ability to create something at least.

Honestly in two and a half years we've actually regressed under Evans. Although you could argue that's what happens when you waste over 3 Grand a week on a lazy lump to sit up front. Evans needs to take responsibility and so does the chairman.

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Couldn't have put it better myself mate.

We are just about to give up the current longest tenancy of L1 as a club, not only are we giving it up, but with Fleetwood and Lincoln winnning today, they nailed us well and truly to the trap door, with a clear 7 points difference. Our goals against is nothing but shocking.

If Evans is not gone by Monday, then some serious questions need to be asked, because I can't think of any other manager that's been given this length of stay, on what is fast becoming or could become one of the worst in history....something I read on twitter.

My first thought is where is the sense of fairness when we compare what happened to Maddog. If the Chairman considers himself a fair man, then Evans has just outstayed his welcome.

As we are often aware, it's a results driven business, and losing to Ipswich at home by four goals to NIL, after such a long break, the excuses have run out.

Thanks for last season Stevo, but time to go and by Monday at the latest.

The Gills PegLeg and alwaysright like this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Did some ( all ), of you have a laugh - when I recently suggested that Evans was actively seeking to relegate The Gills - as a parting 'gift' to all the fans who called him a '' Fat Scottish W**k**'' . He is going in the summer - and Gills will be bottom of L1........ Evans is wetting himself in the knowledge that he has got Scally by the short & curlies - because Scally cannot afford to sack Evans....... and, of course, Scally couldn't give a toss all the time he can take, take,take even more of my money------ and knows that he can simply turn Gillingham's latest 'school' into a 'residential' area.

As Pegleg has asked - wtf was Evans doing by putting McKenzie up front(ish) ?..... He underused Kelman - and now we have Kelman No.2.
    We also had some of the most shocking displays by players you'll ever see at any ground ( including dogs playing with a ball in your local park).......
    ..... and yet, Raynor had the audacity to blame the players for lack of intensity and 'backing off!' -- Well - who the bloody Hell was giving instructions - to get 'stuck-in'?.... Has Evans and Raynor lost the ability to communicate during the game ?

I am at a loss to find words that do justice to the disgraceful performance I had to watch today...... I would have got more entertainment from staring at a pile of dog poo !

brb likes this.
  4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

How did your new signing do today?
    Any signs of promise?

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Ok so when I stated we needed changes, bringing back Steve Lovell wasn't exactly what I had in mind. <laugh>

itstimupnorth and brb like this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Your fault. :cheesy:

7. brb

brb CR250

8. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member