1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Change it Pearson or get out.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DrPhotosynthesis, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Same old Percy- at least you can say we can get Dave Jones rather than your suggestion of Boothroyd, glad to help out on that one

2. H-D

H-D Active Member

<laugh>

3. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed tonight, but it's not time to be panicing at all. We need a big performance from the lads this weekend, Ipswich lost tonight too and several championship teams have fallen victim/nearly fallen victim. We need to pick the level of performance up, but we need to do our part and give the team a bit of faith. Tonight was a game in a mickey mouse competition, hopefully from now until the FA Cup 3rd round we have our concentration on the league, with the results to show it. UTT.

4. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think if we are bottom in November then change the manager, not after one game. Pearson has to sort out the strikers though.

5. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Agreed, sacking Nigel now would be too much of a knee jerk reaction. I doubt it'll be the case, but if things are looking bleak at Christmas then Nigel's job becomes less secure. I still have faith in him to give us a good season, but even us NP backers will struggle to find reason to back him should we be struggling come Christmas.

6. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind so much if it were a reserve XI but 5/6 of them would expect to play at Portman Rd.

Devitt won't get a look in now Brady's the LW
    Harper wants selling to a L2 club FFS
    The strikers are lacking confidence - I seriously don't know why, they were ok pre-season
    Barmby shouldn't be the ONLY response when we're behind..

utterly forgettable but hopefully meaningless..

7. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

theres losing, and then theres the macclesfield keeper not requiring a pair of gloves...pathetic!

8. AndrewM

AndrewM Member

The original posts states tactics abysmal. Tonight we played in a Mickey Mouse competition but that is no excuse for the Mickey Mouse statement that the tactics were abysmal. What was abysmal about them tell us rather than just make the bland statement that you did. What should Pearson have done different? I have listened today to all the bland statements that our Home Secretary has made about the riots and now we get them about the football. On a different point why do we have international friendlies at this time of the year had it been a league game we could have rearranged it rather than change half a team.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I'm with that, there's no way we should be down there at that time, if so thats the time for this kind of thread

10. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

L2? He's not that good!

11. adamisme

adamisme Member

Yes we've lost 2 games and its disappointing, but only 1 of them is a league game, the other the cup and I think everyone would agree, they would rather have a good league season with playoffs or automatic promotion and a poor cup run in both cups than good cup runs and rubbish league season. Have to see how we do on Saturday and then again against Leeds before we start a panicing

12. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

The ones they replaced were ****ing ****e and all.

13. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

i dont rate harper one bit, but am i the only one who thought he was marginally better them mckenna?..didnt rate him friday, but didnt want to overreact after 1 game..thought he was poor again tonight...always loved ash anyway, but the more i see people try and replace him, the more and more i appreciate how good he really was...

14. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I am a BIG Nigel Pearson fan, and have defended him to the hills, but he did get it wrong. One he allowed the game to continue when both of his wingers where dropping in centrally, he should of told them to stick wide. Two there was a huge gap between attack and defence, Nigel should of noticed and changed this. Nigel used one sub when we was 2-0 down and did not even try in last five to get a centre back up. EVERY single member on here could tell you Mckenna and Harper did not work. We played the offside trap, technically it worked as both goals where offside, but you are taking a risk. We allowed the defence to push to far up and let Sinclair have space behind that he was clearly going to run into. Hobbs and Chester where made to be playmakers.

Is that a good enough answer?

I rate Nigel Pearson, very highly, but he did get it wrong tonight and i am sure he will admit that.

15. leeroy

leeroy Member

were you even at the game?
    Devitt was by far citys best attacking player (terrible set pieces)
    McKenna a 7? Dont make me LOL
    as for harper, the most shocking performance i have seen at the KC for a long time.

Should read

Basso : 4/10 first goal could have been avoided
    East : 6/10 only player to get an attempt on target
    Chester : 5/10 didn't look up for it tonight
    Hobbs : 5/10 didn't do anything too wrong or right
    Dawson : 5/10 age catching up on him
    Davitt : 7/10 the kid looked by far the best attacking player, nice feet too. needs to work on set pieces
    McKenna : 5/10 average at best
    Harper : 4/10 THE GOAL IS THE OTHER WAY
    Pusic : 4/10 only noticed him once
    Simpson : 5/10 lots of effort, missed an absolut SITTER
    Fryatt : 5/10 Shoot already!

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It was embarrassing tonight, I don't know why that statement was criticised.

Fryatt was absolute ****e tonight. He is the player who's supposed to be scoring our goals, and he didn't once lose his marker all game, he was sat firmly in Brown's back pocket for 90 minutes. He got put through on goal just like last week but once again failed to have the pace or power to get away from his man and completely forgot to shoot (again).

Simpson followed this up by slamming the rebound after the 'keeper had fumbled a good yard wide of the goal, with the goalie lying on the floor and an open goal at his mercy.

These are the two strikers who are supposed to fire us up the table this year, but at present I have more faith in McLean and Adebola.

17. Davies Headband

Davies Headband Well-Known Member

Think Nigels lack of respect for the fans will soon catch up with him if things keep going as they are.

18. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard an interview or anything from NP as of yet?

19. H-D

H-D Active Member

When has NP shown a lack of repsect towards the fans? I don't quite get that comment

20. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Radio Blunderside closes down coverage at 10 o'clock.
    Should hear something tomorrow.
    Should think he would be too busy sorting that shower out last night.