1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Those coming in and going out

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, May 26, 2015.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Midfielder Josh Harrop has left Preston North End by mutual agreement.

The 26-year-old joined the club back in 2017 and went on to make 95 appearances for North End, scoring 13 goals.

Everyone at PNE would like to wish Josh the very best of luck for his future career.

2. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Liam Lindsay has signed a new contract with the club, keeping him at Deepdale for a further two years.

The central defender, who has featured 19 times in the Championship so far this season, has put pen to paper on a new deal which will extend his stay until at least 2025.

Liam has made just short of 50 appearances during his time with PNE, having initially joined on loan in February 2021 before signing permanently in June later that year.

Liam said: “I’m happy; I’m buzzing. It got done quite quickly as well, it didn’t drag on so I’m happy with that and I’m buzzing about it.

“The gaffer pulled me the other week and by the next week it was done so it was pretty straightforward and I’m happy to be here.

“I love everything about it [at PNE] – the lads, the gaffer, the management staff, the fans. Everyone’s been amazing so I’m delighted.”

The 27-year-old has enjoyed an impressive campaign so far, being part of the North End side which opened the season with a record-breaking seven clean sheets.

He has also been recognised individually for his performances, having been named the EPIC Risk Management Man of the Match on four occasions already during the 2022/23 season.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “Credit where credit’s due to Liam, he’s been fantastic and definitely earned a contract.

“The conversation we had earlier in the summer, in pre-season and even at the back end of last season was ’can he get himself in the team?’, and he’s certainly done that, and he’s been immense.

“One thing I will say about Liam is he’s taken on instructions with everything we’ve asked him to do.

“He’s been solid as a rock in front of Freddie [Woodman] along with the rest of the defenders when they’ve played, and it's fully deserved.

“I’m over the moon he’s signed a new, extended contract.”

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Got pulled by the gaffer. <whistle>

Took him a week though. Good stamina. <ok>

Must be one of his favourites. <yikes>

4. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the back 3 of Storey, Lindsay and Hughes can get back to the early season's lockout.

5. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Ryan Ledson has penned a new two-and-a-half-year deal at Deepdale.

The central midfielder, who first joined the club from Oxford United in 2018, will remain a PNE player until at least 2025.

Since his arrival on the Deepdale scene, the 25-year-old has gone on to make 130 appearances in a North End shirt, with 19 of those coming so far this season.

Ryan said: “I’m really happy. Obviously I’ve wanted to get it over the line for a few weeks now.

“It’s where I want to play my football. Everyone knows how much the club means to me and I love it here, so I’m made up and I’m ready to crack on now.

“I do love it here – the lads, all the management staff and the people who work in the club.

“I’ve got a good relationship with everyone so it was a no brainer for me to stay here.”

Known for his tough-tackling and range of passing, Ryan was recognised for his individual performances during the 2020/21 campaign, when he was named as the Players’ and Supporters’ Player of the Year.

Since returning from a knee operation towards the back end of last season, the Liverpool-born midfielder has been a regular in Ryan Lowe’s side.

The manager said: “I’m really happy for Ryan and he fully deserves it.

“When we came in last season he struggled to make games and he had to have an operation, but he worked hard to get himself back to make the final match of the season which was pleasing.

“He hasn’t missed any games since. We have to recover him properly, but he rarely misses sessions and credit where credit’s due because he’s earned this new contract.

“The club obviously invested heavily in him when he first came here and this is now about protecting our assets, so I’m over the moon for Ryan.

“He’s a great lad to have around the place and that comes on top of his footballing ability.

“He’s a loveable character and he really wears his heart on his sleeve on the pitch as well, and that’s what you need in and around your squad.”

6. themaclad

Adam O'Reilly to leave club

7. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Finlay Cross-Adair has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The boyhood PNE fan, who joined the club’s Academy at the age of ten, has penned a two-and-a-half-year deal, which will see him stay at Deepdale until at least 2025.

Finlay, 17, made his professional debut for North End in October 2022, coming on as a late substitute against Stoke City, and his second senior appearance came in the weekend’s 4-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers.

Finlay said: “It’s a massive day; it’s a dream come true.

“Ever since I signed here at Preston, the goal was to get a professional contract and to have signed it today is a dream come true.

“I’m really proud, especially of this season. If you’d have told me at the start of the season I’d have made my professional debut, came on at Ewood Park, and signed my professional contract today, I’d have said ‘no chance’, so it’s really special.”

please log in to view this image

First Team News
    PNE Contract A ‘Dream Come True’ For Fin
    20 Hours ago

The striker – who has followed PNE home and away all his life – got his chance with the first team during the September international break and, after catching the eye of manager Ryan Lowe, Finlay has continued to spend most of his time at Euxton.

He has also regularly led the line in the U19s’ positive start to the campaign, having scored eight goals in 11 matches so far this season.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “Since Finlay’s been up with the first team he’s been a breath of fresh air.

“He hasn’t looked out of place one bit. His attitude and his application has been fantastic.

“He’s definitely warranted a pro contract with the goals he’s been scoring with the youth team, the goals he scores when he’s up here, and he’s been in and around the first team on a couple of occasions in terms of the games.

“I’m really pleased we’ve tied him down because he’s going to be a real asset for the football club.

“We’ve got some good, talented young players here at Preston North End at the moment. That’s what we want, we’re always building for the future because it’s so important.”

8. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm the arrival of Tom Cannon on loan from Everton until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old striker, who has been with the Toffees since the age of ten, will spend the rest of the 2022/23 campaign with Ryan Lowe’s side.

Cannon, who has represented Republic of Ireland at youth level, will take the No.28 shirt and could make his PNE debut this weekend against Norwich City.

Tom said: “I’m delighted and glad it’s finally done. It’s an opportunity I’m really looking forward to after speaking to the manager.

“He’s told me what they want of me and I’m hearing they create a lot of chances so I’m here to put them away.

“It’s good that I can come out on loan to such a club as Preston. Ever since I heard of the interest, I just wanted to get the deal done, and I’m glad it’s finally done.

“I just want to gain as much experience and minutes as I can here and see where that takes me.”

The youngster has spent the majority of the current campaign training with Everton’s first team and has so far made three senior appearances, with two of those coming in the Premier League.

Meanwhile, he has been scoring goals for fun in Premier League 2, but will now gain his first experience of playing senior competitive football every week.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’ve been following Tom’s progress for around a year now, with him being a Liverpool lad playing for Everton, not too far from us.

“We’ve heard really good things about him and he’s someone I’ve watched play numerous times.

“He’s a goal threat and a goalscorer. It’s not about who it is, it’s about people who score goals and, as you’ll hopefully see, he gets in the right areas to do just that.

“He’s a young lad with great energy, great ability, he works his socks off for the team and more importantly he’s a goalscorer.

“There were a lot of clubs who were interested in signing him, so I’m really pleased we’ve got it over the line.”

9. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Liam Delap has joined the club on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old spent the first half of the 2022/23 campaign with fellow Championship side Stoke City, scoring three goals, and after being recalled by his parent club, he will now spend the remainder of the season with Ryan Lowe’s side.

Liam, an England U20 international, arrives at Deepdale with experience of training regularly with the Manchester City first team, and he has also featured in the Premier League and Champions League.

Speaking after signing, Liam said: “I’m buzzing. It’s such a great club and I’m really excited to meet the boys and play in front of the fans.

“I’ve spoken to the manager and I’m really happy with what he’s got to say and the style of football he plays, so I can’t wait to get playing under him.

“As a striker at the end of the day, the manager wants goals so that’s what he’s said to me.

“I trust myself in front of goal. I trust myself to get in the right positions so if I get the opportunity then hopefully I can bring that.”

The teenager joined parent club City from Derby County in July 2019 and his first professional contract followed a year later.

He soon worked his way into first team contention, scoring on his senior debut in the Carabao Cup against AFC Bournemouth, while in the same season being named the Premier League 2 Player of the Year after scoring 24 goals in 20 appearances.

Liam has been given the No.7 shirt and could make his North End debut on Saturday when Norwich City come to Deepdale.

Manager Ryan Lowe added: “Liam was one we targeted in the summer because of the work he’d done with City’s U23s and he had some input in the first team with a couple of goals, too.

“With him being called back now we felt it was important to make our move, and I’m really pleased we’ve got it over the line.

“He’s a good lad, a good footballer and a goalscorer. He just needs an opportunity to score goals and hopefully we can give him that.

“Obviously we’re going to be without Emil [Riis] for a long period now too, so we felt we needed to bring an extra body into the building to continue the form we’ve had.”

Liam becomes the second loan signing of the January window, following the arrival of Tom Cannon from Everton on Tuesday.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    barnetpne likes this.
  10. themaclad

Preston striker Ched Evans has extended his contract until the end of the 2023-24 season.

The 34-year-old former Wales international has scored six goals in his past seven appearances.

"I think the next 18 months at Preston could be really positive," he told the club website.

"If you look at where we are in the league as well, it looks like there could be big, exciting times ahead for Preston."

The Lilywhites are 10th in the Championship, two points outside the play-offs going into Saturday's game against Norwich.

11. themaclad

O'Neil to Grimsby on loan

12. themaclad

Preston North End can confirm Sean Maguire has joined Coventry City on a permanent basis.

The 28-year-old, who first moved to Deepdale in 2017 from Cork City, made 170 appearances during his time with the Lilywhites.

Scoring 24 goals for the club, arguably his most memorable outing in a North End shirt was his return from injury in the Gentry Day victory over Bolton Wanderers in March 2018, when the Republic of Ireland striker scored twice off the bench.

Seani has featured ten times for PNE this season, and he now moves on to join fellow Sky Bet Championship side Coventry City.

Everyone at Preston North End would like to thank Seani for his efforts during his time with the club, and wish him all the very best for the future.

13. barnetpne

A hard worker and team player, unfortunately dogged by injuries. Good luck to him.

14. themaclad

Preston North End can confirm Adam O’Reilly has joined League of Ireland side Derry City for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old midfielder first joined PNE in November 2016 from Ringmahon Rangers and went on to make his senior debut for the club in December 2018, coming off the bench late on in a Championship clash against Aston Villa.

Much of Adam’s time as a professional at PNE has been spent out on loan with the likes of Bamber Bridge, Waterford and most recently St Patrick’s Athletic.

He now moves on to join League of Ireland side Derry City, and everyone at the club would like to wish Adam all the best for the future.

15. themaclad

Onomah signed

16. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Josh Onomah has joined the club on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old midfielder arrives at Deepdale with a wealth of experience in both the Premier League and Championship, playing for the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa.

Josh – a former England youth international – has also experienced promotion into the top flight on two occasions with Fulham.

Speaking after signing, Josh said: “I’m someone who enjoys football and I believe if a manager shares that same interest then that’s something that will definitely persuade me to come.

“He’s told me his philosophy and everything he does, and that’s made me want to come.

“I can’t wait to meet all the lads and get straight to it straight away, and I can’t wait to start playing football again.

“I think at this stage of my career it’s very important and I believe I can do that here with the players’ help and the gaffer.

“He’s spoken to me about it and he’s someone I trust, and I believe he can get me playing my best football.”

Josh has spent the first half of the campaign with Premier League outfit Fulham but, with game-time limited, his contract with the club was terminated by mutual consent earlier today.

The self-described box-to-box midfielder will take the No.17 shirt at PNE and could make his debut for the club this weekend when Bristol City come to Deepdale in Championship action.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m really pleased to get Josh through the door. He came on our radar earlier in the season and he’s someone who arrives with experience of promotion out of the division.

“He’s a big, powerful, strong attacking midfielder, and once we knew he was going to be available, we acted very quickly to get the deal done to beat numerous clubs to his signature.

“We’re aware he hasn’t played many minutes this season, but we’ll get him up to match speed and I’m sure he’ll be a real coup for us.

“I’m hoping we can help Josh get back to his best and he’s now got the opportunity to earn a longer contract with us.”

17. themaclad

Coulton to Bradford Park Avenue on loan

18. themaclad

Aaron Bennett and Louis Coulton both released

19. themaclad

Preston North End can confirm the retained list following the conclusion of the 2022/23 Sky Bet Championship season.

Contracted

Alan Browne
    Ali McCann
    Andrew Hughes
    Bambo Diaby
    Ben Whiteman
    Ben Woodburn
    Brad Potts
    Ched Evans
    Dai Cornell
    Emil Riis
    Finlay Cross-Adair
    Freddie Woodman
    Jacob Slater
    James Pradic
    Jordan Storey
    Josh Seary
    Lewis Leigh
    Liam Lindsay
    Mikey O’Neill
    Noah Mawene
    Patrick Bauer
    Ryan Ledson

out.stream powered by ADITION

Contracts Offered

The following four players, whose current deals with the club are set to expire, have been offered new deals and negotiations are ongoing.

Greg Cunningham
    Josh Onomah
    Robbie Brady
    Daniel Johnson

Out Of Contract And Released

Aaron Bennett
    Dana Amaral
    Harry Nevin
    Lewis Coulton
    Matthew Olosunde

Loan Players

The following players will return to their parent clubs following the end of their loan deals.

Álvaro Fernández
    Liam Delap
    Tom Cannon
    Troy Parrott

U19 Players With One-Year Option Activated

Kian Best
    Kian Taylor
    Kitt Nelson

Second-Year Scholars Released

Finlay Wallbank
    Rio Pemberton

The club would like to thank each player who is leaving at this time for their efforts while at Preston North End and wish them the very best for the future.

20. barnetpne