1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Those coming in and going out

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, May 26, 2015.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Storey to Sheff Wed on loan

2. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm striker Cameron Archer has joined the club on loan from Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old, who has featured three times in the Premier League for Villa this term, will stay at PNE until the end of the current campaign.

Cameron has enjoyed a breakthrough season at his boyhood club, scoring regularly in all competitions and he has recently put pen to paper on a new deal at Villa Park until 2025.

Speaking after joining PNE, Cameron said: “I’m excited, I’m ready for the challenge and can’t wait to get started.

“It’s been a good journey so far and I’ve had the opportunity to go out on loan now to express myself.

“[My aim is to] just hopefully get some experience, some games under my belt and hopefully score some goals.”

The young striker is very highly rated by Villa boss Steven Gerrard, having been kept at the club until now to contend with the likes of Danny Ings and Ollie Watkins up top.

As well as being involved in Premier League and Carabao Cup matchday squads, the Walsall-born man has also been in top form in the EFL Trophy, scoring six goals in just four appearances.

On the latest addition, manager Ryan Lowe added: “We’re absolutely delighted. I’ve been monitoring Cameron Archer for a while now.

“He’s a natural goalscorer who I’m really excited to work with and hopefully he’ll score some goals for us.

“There were several clubs after him chasing his signature but we’re the privileged ones to be able to take him.

“His objective will be to play for the Aston Villa first team in the future and we want to help him do that, but his objective now until the end of the season will be to help Preston North End finish as high up the table as possible.”

Cameron will take the No.21 shirt and will go straight in to contention to feature on Wednesday evening as PNE take on West Brom at The Hawthorns.

3. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Looks to be a good recruit.

4. themaclad

Thomas to Halifax loan

5. themaclad

Harrop to Fleetwood loan

6. themaclad

No more incomings

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Bambo Diaby has signed a contract with the club until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old, formerly of Barnsley, has impressed on trial with PNE and he now joins the club until the summer with the opportunity of earning a longer contract.

Bambo will take the No.41 shirt and goes straight in to contention to feature in Tuesday night’s Championship game against Millwall.

Speaking after signing, Bambo said: “I’m very excited to sign with Preston because it’s been a long time.

“It’s been the thing I’ve been waiting for. Every day I’ve been training very hard to get to this day.

“I want to say thank you to all the Preston fans and the Preston staff as well because the only thing I’ve felt in this time is someone who believes in me.

“Because after a long time it’s difficult, but Preston have believed in me since the first day.

“I want to give back with big work and big passion for the club.”

The Senegal-born defender moved to Spain in his early years, beginning his career in the Spanish third tier, before then making the move to Italy to play for Sampdoria.

After then impressing at Belgian side Lokeren, the 6ft 2in centre back joined Barnsley, who he made 22 appearances for in the 2019/20 season.

Manager Ryan Lowe added: “He’s got a fantastic attitude and his application has been spot on. He’s trained on a daily basis for us and he’s looked sharp.

“He’s different to what we’ve got. He can play in a few different positions around the back and probably right wing back, so we’ve offered him a short-term deal until the end of the season to go and showcase what he’s got to potentially earn a longer contract.

“He’s very humble. He’s had a kick in the teeth, he’s been out for two years and he’s very eager now to put that behind him and get on a streak.

“First and foremost [he has to] get in the squad and then get in the team and showcase what he’s about.”

7. themaclad

Aaron Bennett and Mikey O’NEIL given pro contracts

barnetpne likes this.
  8. themaclad

Harry Nevin two year pro deal

9. barnetpne

Alfie Brunskill, 17 year old striker with Penrith had a trial but als Stoke interested. (Deepdale Digest).

10. themaclad

Izzy Brown and Murphy leave

11. barnetpne

Izzy not really tested except in a friendly, and got injured.
    3 of NE's best players are on loan and will not want to return. Ivers on is a top goalie. VdBerg query Premiership quality. Archer on loan to a bigger club. Browne seeking Premiership status. Manager should give the young lads a chance to experience first team football over the next 2 games.

12. themaclad

Yep feel a bit sorry for Izzy however has picked up a wage for the last 12 months

13. themaclad

Paul Huntington Set To Leave PNE
    1 Hour ago

please log in to view this image

@pnefc

Manager Ryan Lowe has confirmed that Paul Huntington will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of June.

Huntington first joined Preston North End in 2012 and has since gone on to make 305 appearances for the club, becoming the 26th player to play 300 times or more for the Lilywhites.

Despite his future at the club looking uncertain in the summer of 2014, the central defender chose to stay and fight for his place, and he ended up playing a vital role in North End’s promotion back to the Championship in the 2014/15 campaign.

out.stream powered by ADITION

He will always be remembered for getting on the scoresheet in the Wembley Play-Off final, and a few days later he was named as the club’s Player of the Year for the promotion-winning season.

His importance to the side didn’t change once in the second tier, highlighted by his 44 appearances made in the 2017/18 campaign as PNE finished seventh in the table.

Continuing to play a key role on and off the pitch, it was in January 2021 that Hunts put his name into the PNE history books by making his 300th appearance for the club.

Paul said: “I’m proud to have played for this special club for so long, it’s been a big part of my life.

”I’ve improved a lot as a player during my time here and obviously I’ve enjoyed some success, getting promoted from League One and we’ve had some good times in the Championship too.

“I’m grateful for the opportunities each manager has given me and a special thanks to the Hemmings family who have played a big part in my time at the club.

“I’m looking forward to the last game on Saturday to be able to say thank you to the fans, my teammates and the staff because it’s been a home for me at this football club, and I wish it nothing but success for the future.

“PNE will always be a big part of my life and it will be the first club I look out for results wise. I’ll now be able to look on as a fan.”

Due to Paul's length of service to Preston North End, the club are in discussions with the 34-year-old over a potential testimonial match to be played in pre-season, with details to be announced in due course.

14. themaclad

Hudson to Fleetwood

15. themaclad

Scott Sinclair departs

16. themaclad

Coulton and Amaral contracts extended

17. themaclad

Following the conclusion of the 2021/22 season, Preston North End can now confirm the club's retained list.

Contracted
    Adam O'Reilly
    Alan Browne
    Ali McCann
    Andrew Hughes
    Ben Whiteman
    Brad Potts
    Ched Evans
    Daniel Johnson
    Emil Riis
    Greg Cunningham
    Jordan Storey
    Josh Earl
    Josh Harrop
    Lewis Coulton
    Liam Lindsay
    Matthew Olosunde
    Patrick Bauer
    Ryan Ledson
    Sean Maguire
    Tom Bayliss

The club will listen to offers for the following contracted players: Josh Harrop, Matthew Olosunde and Tom Bayliss.

Contract To Be Offered
    The club are in discussions with Bambo Diaby regarding signing a new contract at the club.

Out Of Contract And Released
    Connor Ripley
    Ethan Walker
    Izzy Brown
    Jack Baxter
    Jacob Holland-Wilkinson
    Jamie Thomas
    Joe Rafferty
    Joe Rodwell-Grant
    Mathew Hudson
    Oliver Lombard
    Paul Huntington
    Scott Sinclair
    Tom Barkhuizen

18. themaclad

Preston North End are pleased to confirm Aaron Bennett has signed a one-year professional contract with the club.

The midfielder, who has just completed the second year of his scholarship, had a one-year extension triggered on his existing deal in April, while also being offered professional terms.

That contract has now been agreed and signed by 18-year-old Bennett, keeping him at PNE until at least the summer of 2023, and the club have an option to extend this by a further year.

19. themaclad

Preston North End are pleased to confirm Mikey O’Neill has signed a professional contract with the club which runs until the summer of 2024.

The 17-year-old saw his existing deal extended by a year in April, but has now agreed professional terms at Deepdale which will keep him at the club for at least two more years, while PNE also have the option to extend by a further year.

Mikey made his senior debut for PNE in last month’s home fixture against Queens Park Rangers and has since gone on to make two further appearances for the first team.

out.stream powered by ADITION

Speaking after putting pen to paper, Mikey said: “I’m delighted to finally get it done and sign for the club.

“I’m really happy to get the deal sorted and now I can focus on making my way into the first team, cementing my place around the squad and hopefully making more appearances.

“I can’t wait for July to come now so I can get back to playing, impressing the manager and hopefully I can start playing as soon as possible.”

The Liverpool-born attacker has played a key role in the success of the U19s this season, scoring 11 goals as they lifted both the Youth Alliance League and Cup trophies.

His performances with Nick Harrison’s side, and in the Central League, caught the eye of manager Ryan Lowe, who brought him to Euxton to train with the first team, and Mikey has now had a taste of three Championship fixtures.

Ryan Lowe said: “We’re delighted that Mikey’s signed a professional contract. I’ve said before that he’s someone who impressed me the minute I came through the door in terms of his attitude and his performances.

“We felt it was only right that he was given the opportunity to come up to the first team and he’s been different class in training and when we’ve been able to get him some minutes on the pitch.

“I’m really looking forward to working with him going forward, in pre-season especially, as I think he’s got a great chance of going on to make a good career for himself, and hopefully that’s here at Preston North End.”

20. themaclad

Bambo Diaby 2 year deal