1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I watched 1minute 35 seconds of that video and if those highlights are the best of him then what a waste of space. 1 min 35 seconds of passes that didn't result in goals and shots that were well wide..

Hope I'm wrong and that further on in the video there's something worth seeing but I'm not wasting any more time watching that.

trundles left foot likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I did think the same and stopped watching, but lets hope he is better than that and offers us something. fingers crossed.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Sky Sports reporting we’ve agreed 12 months loan with Bournemouth for Sam Surridge who scored eight goals in 15 appearances for Oldham Athletic last season before returning to Bournemouth where he featured twice in the second half of the season

DragonPhilljack and 55282 like this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

At last we are starting to recruit players which makes the team stronger and gives us more hope this season..

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

7. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I'm actually starting to think we can do a lot better than I was thinking before kick off. A good start by the team and the manager and some signings... is this what hope feels like? <laugh>

8. Taffvalerowdy

I haven’t felt HER for a long time <laugh>

DragonPhilljack and daimungeezer like this.
  9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Slowly the squad is taking shape , now lets hope the optimism equals the results which I'm sure it will

10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

11. Taffvalerowdy

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Hopefully that's puts paid to any interest we "may" have had in Vassell.

13. DragonPhilljack

Bit of a worry putting Ayew back into our first team squad, not sure this is a good thing, hope we off load him soon, better for all concerned. If it doesn't happen due to his poor games out on loan then I think he should just be used off the bench as an impact player and nothing more, could be a disruptive influence in the dressing room..............<ok>

aswan_dam and swanseaandproud like this.
  14. Taffvalerowdy

I would agree with that view Phil <cheers>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What has impressed me is the way we have brought players in. Two weeks ago after players left i was certain we will be in trouble and fighting another relegation battle and there was not much to look forward too, But today it is a different ball game in that we now look a proper strong championship side with plenty of options and we look more of a top half pushing for a top 6 place than a bottom half fighting relegation side,,, We have hope now when it never looked that way two weeks ago....What fans must accept it may take a short time for Cooper and his playing staff side to gell the players and i'm sure we will be a formidable side very hard to beat......Relegation is no longer on my agenda anymore and promotion is a more stronger possibility now...COYS...

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Dai you really should have more faith , the squad may not be good enough to go up bit I'm confident its good enough to finish mid table looking upwards rather than down.

17. DragonPhilljack

I would say the squad is pushing for a top half finish, that is as far as I would stick my neck out on, sorry!..........<laugh>

18. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't have the blind faith that others have. Yes we have made some signings, but I have no idea if they are any better or worse than what we've already got.
    The 2 attacking players we've signed this week - one of them I watched the video and he was extremely average to poor, the other I know nothing about. The Goalkeeper - I watched the highlights of the Hull match and whilst he may not have been to blame for the goal, it was something he should have saved I feel.
    I hope they all work out and make us a strong team, but I just can't forecast where we'll finish until I've seen them play a few times.
    With the loss of Dan James I still feel we are weaker than last season, at least until I see a few games with what we've now got.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Its not so much blind faith but trusting those who get paid the money to scout the players we need. I agree as an an attacking intent taking Ollie and James out then atm we do look weaker although goals will come from elsewhere this season as I believe that's Coopers mantra , defensively I don't think so, we've brought in a recognised left back so instead of Grimes being wasted playing there , we now have four full backs, Naughton , Roberts , Bidwell and John , centre halfs of Rodon, VDH, Wilmot and Harries along with 3 keepers and an option to bring Benda back (although unlikely) going forward we're probably stronger this year than last season but as you say hard to judge yet where we'll finish but I'm confident it won't be bottom 3

20. Taffvalerowdy

BBC

“Hearing Spurs defender Cameron Carter Vickers is heading to Stoke City. Fee about £6m. Lots of interest from Championship clubs.”