1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship dark horse

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I picked the Wurzels along with Nin, Sparks. <ok>

Fair play as you've mentioned 1 star player can do a hell of a lot for you in a division this tight. Mooy looks like that player.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Missed your post - I'll give you that Stevo. <ok>

3. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

5. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I can just about recall the Huddersfield team that won promotion to the old first division with Dick Kryswicki & Trevor Cherry.

Their day in the sun didn't last long though.

Nobody really thought AFC Bournemouth would stay top throughout the season but this season that would be a tough ask with flat track bullying Newcastle & the likes of Norwich and others but you never know.

You've certainly added an interesting side note to this seasons board to keep us away from the trials and tribulations of the City.

6. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Maybe we should start a thread for every success story this season as a distraction <laugh>

Have to admit Sparks was way ahead of the game in predicting Uddersfield's strong start to the season <applause>

7. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

interesting read. if I was Guidolin I would be snapping him up for us however that will never happen. Pogba going for 89 mill was a laugh however beauty is in the eye of the beholder or the person who is willing to pay that much. People often ask me for advice re haggling for items in places like Bali, Thailand etc, I say, if you are willing to pay that much then you have a good deal. I would gladly pay 3-5 mill for Mooy if I was Swansea, cannot be worse than what we have and he has a lethal free kick like Siggy.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Hi Old Sparkey, as someone living in Oz, Melbourne to be precise, I saw a lot of the A league last season, and whilst the standard is still quite poor, Mooy as you say was the stand out player. I really hoped that we (Bristol City) might have been in for him. He won't score heaps, but he will certainly create a lot, if we had him feeding Abraham this Eason, who knows where we could have been

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think you're doing yourself a bit of a disservice regarding your A League there Supcon. I've watched quite a bit of it this past couple of years over here streamed live - there's some lovely stuff played that's a joy to watch.

OK, on the world stage it wouldn't necessarily be competitive with the better national leagues in Europe but there are a lot of old heads from around the world now playing in it (also the Chinese Super League) that are rapidly bring the standards up.

As for Mooy, I stated my case about getting him over here last year. I'm convinced he could have been got from Melbourne City for a few hundred K at the time by clubs like yours and mine at Championship level if they had the foresight.

Now he is over here, he'll be worth several millions if his parent club Man City decide to let him go after this season.

Supcon72 likes this.

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ha ha

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

<laugh>

Can't wait for the next game!!!!!!

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Wot you laffing at?

13. ninian opinion

If I'm honest I'm dreading our next home game. Whether it be Bristol or Wigan or whoever it's not going to be good. No goals in 4 out of 5 games. No clean sheet. No goal scored by a city player. <doh>

14. bcfcredandwhite

Even more funny - but embarrassing for me - I misread the post I quoted.
    I thought it was referring to us struggling - but it wasn't. :(
    Still looking forward to facing you guys though <cheers>

Stevoldinho likes this.
  15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No probs bcfc - I thought that might have been the case. <ok>

I admire your start to the season and a few on here including me thought you might do OK this season.

I tipped Huddersfield before the season kicked off though..............<whistle>

16. bcfcredandwhite

If you put money on Huddersfield you should enjoy a nice return (assuming their wheels don't fall off that is!)
    I admit I didn't think of them at all before the start of the season.

17. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Holy fuk.....you guys went from my dark horse to a black horse ...not good gents , maybe law of average will kick in soon .

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Udders 0 - 1 Wednesday........oops <doh>

Never mind, beating Wednesday on Wednesday will be all the sweeter....... <whistle>

19. ninian opinion

Watched the 2nd half. Wednesday looked very comfortable. A tough tough game coming up for us.

As for Huddersfield, of the bit I saw they didn't do much but were well organised (as they would with a German coach), had some strong wide players and wing backs but looked a bit slow in central defence. Didn't see much of Mooy to pass judgment.

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Couldn't watch the game Nin, just saw the result. From what I've read since it seems Huddersfiled were far the better side in the first half but couldn't capitalise on it.

The one thing we do know about Wednesday is that they've become a very resilient outfit since Carvalhal went there and are very tough to break down.

Wednesday on Wednesday will be a very difficult game - far more so in my opinion than the Wurzels.