1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chairman's Helicopter has crashed in car park

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Top and the family, along with the players have attended the KP today. The grief is palpable.

https://t.co/1omGNWWTJd

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

That is the heartbreaking thing, and it'll surely hit Top and the rest of his family and friends each time they visit the stadium.

It really is a tragedy beyond words.

Condolences to all.

Barwellfox and FosseFilberto like this.
  3. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

That's an extremely emotional watch. :emoticon-0106-cryin

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Riyad Mahrez has scored for Man City and pointed towards the sky in presumably a tribute to Vichai

284C1DA5-22C5-40ED-9A15-C0E46AE914C8.jpeg

FosseFilberto likes this.
  5. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Just a thankyou to all of the fans from other clubs for their kind tributes. Yes we are all rivals but all part of the same greater football family. Deeply appreciated by all of us

Ninj, tomw24, johnsonsbaby and 3 others like this.
  6. Proud Fox

"The boss (Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha) was very special to me. I spent four and a half years there.

"I have many memories of him. He was such a good person; a good human.

"When I scored, I put my hands up to the sky for him. He did a lot for me and for Leicester."

@Mahrez22

Ninj and FosseFilberto like this.
  7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm really sorry for your loss Foxes. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha seemed like the ideal boss and one that every football club would wish for. The devastation of the tragedy of this horrific incident will be difficult to comprehend due to the proximity to your stadium. Where such a short time ago you witnessed extreme ecstasy to complete vicissitude a mere 17 months later.
    Remember the good times, hopefully the pain will pass and his legacy will shine through. The majority of football fans were with you during your 2015/16 campaign. All of them are with you now.

From a QPR fan.

RIP Vichai <rose>

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The mark of a Man is what he leaves behind and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha left so much. So much love, so many good, happy memories. He touched so many people in so many ways in his passing that he has not now or ever will truly leave Leicester City. He gave so much in his life and in his death he gave you, the people of Leicester, the gift of family. If there is any good to come from your pain then its the love and the memories you all share of the great man and that has brought you all together, closer and together you will be stronger. You will forever be bound by this, much more than before so march on together as a family and carry his name forward with you as you forge your new path together.

Please accept my sincere condolences

RIP Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha <rose>

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ashton Gate last night in tribute.
    EDF313B4-4368-4B6E-98CC-6FBB7E50DF58.jpeg

Sincere condolences from a Bristol City fan.

Barwellfox, Ninj and FosseFilberto like this.

11. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

The game with Cardiff is confirmed as being on. It will be emotional. Welcome back to the CCS after several years gap.

For those travelling be conscious there’s a rugby international kicking off at the sane time a mile down the road.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  12. Proud Fox

As all of us already knew but the genuine love and warmth the players had for Vichai is amazing. Riyad Mahrez spoke of it last night and Danny Drinkwater did aswell

You can see how hurt Kasper and Vardy was along with the rest of the squad.

There is no other chairman/owner/leader of a football club like Vichai. We was blessed he came to our football club and straight away he became one of us

13. Proud Fox

14. Foxy in Foyle

According to anot her forum, the Southampton team have travelled to the ground tonight anyway to pay their respects. That's a first class gesture. I know a lot of their fans said they would also be attending.

15. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As a Saints fan, that is really pleasing to here. Really touching gesture.

16. Proud Fox

From Nigel Pearson who managers OH Leuven who are owned by Vichai and King Power

It is with extreme difficulty that I write to express and offer my sincere condolences and support to the Srivaddhanaprabha and wider King Power family.

The tragic and shocking events of Saturday evening have impacted the football world in such a profound way with the news of Khun Vichai’s passing.

His quiet yet authoritative aura, presence and personality have had an immeasurable influence on English football.

The leadership and managerial processes he instilled and encouraged within Leicester City over a sustained period of time has borne fruit in such a way that people throughout the world witnessed the impossible by seeing a club win the Premier League in the most incredible circumstances.

This most definitely ensured the belief that sporting miracles can happen. I have been privileged to manage both clubs owned by King Power, and at Oud-Heverlee Leuven in Belgium, have the task of building a club which can emulate King Power’s success in England.

My regret is that he will not see the fruition of his vision. It is an important point to remember that, with both clubs, he chose to invest in clubs with potential, to nurture a club with a soul and culture founded on sound values, rather than achieving a ‘quick fix’.

He has invested not just substantial financial support, but invested in the people and communities of these clubs. We here at Oud-Heverlee Leuven are still at an early stage, but the dual investment has been substantial.

On a personal level, a manager could not have wished for a better boss. I have, through both good and difficult times, been afforded an unwavering support which has been a huge motivator and, in personally difficult times, a huge comfort.

His warmth, humour and generosity have always been extended to my own family, something for which we will all be eternally grateful for. I will miss his guidance and wisdom – and certainly his mischievous sense of humour and singular chuckle!

Our thoughts, of course, must now be with Khun Vichai’s immediate family, as well as the King Power family, and I’m sure the wider football world will offer some solace for his loved ones. I will miss 'The Boss'.

17. Foxy in Foyle

Lovely from Nigel.

18. Foxy in Foyle

A perfect summary

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

20. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

look_back_in_amber likes this.