1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Celtic V Kilmarnock

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by eric cartman, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to agree...

Was he not moaning a few weeks back about not starting ... against Spartak?

McGeady had a smiliar attitude for a while!

McGeoch looks like he has more skill than Forrest, so he better watch or he will lose his place.

2. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

Which one, fatty <whistle>

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh darlin'.

Aint no pleasin you.

McGeady worked hard, he just worked stoopid. Same as Forrest. Against Alba he did all the work to be in the right place. Then switched off. It is that where all of them have to get their **** together.

The pleading for free kicks **** has to go though.

4. Big Audio Dynamite

Big Audio Dynamite Well-Known Member

5. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

The only chances we created today were through Forrest pace , since when did Charlie Mulgrew come a central midfield player ??? to have him and Ledley is same midfield is a joke . Barcelona went pass /pass/pass and went forward , we went pass/pass/pass and went backwards

6. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member

100% agree Harry, tactics were not good today and i`m afraid a lot of that came from the sidelines.

7. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

Hope that opening gambit wasn't aimed at me sir - mi machoism no podía tolerar! IMO, James Forrest's natural instincts took him to the right place to stop Geordie Alba's run but his work rate/attitude was so poor that he didn't commit himself to get to the ball at the crucial point. Not looking for an argument - just pointing out why James Forrest, despite my liking of him, is beginning to frustrate me and why I think someone needs to sort him out before his obvious talent is wasted.

8. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

Manager Neil Lennon described Celtic's lethargic 2-0 home defeat by Kilmarnock as "probably the worst we've played in my time here".

Having praised his side so highly after Tuesday's loss in Barcelona, Lennon said: "We've been brought back down to earth with a big bump.

"Second half, we created some decent chances, but not enough, and we've come away with a massive dose of reality.

"But I take responsibility. I picked the team, so the buck stops with me."

Georgios Samaras, Scott Brown, Mikael Lustig, Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama dropped out of the starting XI, with Adam Matthews, James Forrest, Beram Kayal, Kris Commons and Miku getting a chance to impress.

However, Celtic were seldom a threat and goals from Cillian Sheridan and Liam Kelly in either half gave Killie a deserved first success in the east end of Glasgow since 1955.

"I maybe have to look at my team selection, but I felt that, with the demands of the game on Tuesday, there would have been a bit of fatigue," explained Lennon.
    Play media

"We tried to freshen it up, but we were poor.

"There was no fluidity in our play, there was no aggression in our play, we were very passive.

"We gave two goals away without Kilmarnock really having to work for it.

"We had good players out of the pitch, but there was no urgency or tempo to our game. We made life very comfortable for Kilmarnock.

"It's like we were out for a testimonial in the first half. We weren't turning them or stretching them.

"I don't recall a real 50-50 in the game when there was a real desperation for us to get the ball back or move with any real intent."

Next up for Celtic is a Scottish Communities League Cup quarter-final with St Johnstone and Lennon made it clear he will be altering his line-up.

"I'll be looking for a reaction on Tuesday," he told BBC Radio Scotland.

"There will be changes. I can't accept that."

You better ****ing believe there will be.

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The opening gambit was a Chas n'*Dave lyric.

You could be right. i put it down to concentration rather than application. Either way, it would be a shame for these deficiencies not to be addressed either with a toe in the hole or whatever.

10. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Fair play to Killie, fully deserved their win, no complaints. They did to us what we did in Barca and it paid off handsomely.

11. EspaniaCelt

Apologies -mi ignorancia - not familiar with said lyric but will check it out if possible. On a general note, the performance today was dire. Just think - these guys are on a fantastic wage, have a lifestyle and play a game, on a full time basis, for a club for which we would love to be playing, yet they insult us with that sort of performance ... annoying to say the least! On the other hand, maybe it's just another conspiracy - toyng with our emotions to keep us hooked ... after all, it would be boring if it was too easy after burying our nearest rivals. <whistle>

12. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. Absolutely.

One thing does trouble me and that is with Lennon. Not a mad panic or anything just that this is probably the first time he has made the same mistake twice (as i recall).

Maybe that is a touch harsh.

13. EspaniaCelt

Know what you mean but possibly a little harsh on Neil Lennon. Yes, he got the tactics and team selection badly wrong today but even with that, at the end of the day, total commitment is what we want to see from players wearing the Celtic shirt and I didn't see it anywhere today ... then again, even that may be a little harsh ...

14. harryhood67

I am lucky I watch Celtic home and away , the away performance have been better than than the home . We've got to remember the most important games are to keep the season ticket holders who pay £500 a season happy , the last 4 home games have been poor , the starting 2 upfront should be Watts and Hooper and play the team round them .Will say again Forrest was one of our better players today , does anybody blame goalie first goal ?? He came then stopped !!

15. eric cartman

100% Mathews fault

16. harryhood67

I've not seen it other than at the game , goalie 6 foot 7 of him came barging out the box at Sheriden would have sh£Te himself ., thought it looked 50/50 before he stopped ,

17. eric cartman

Watch it again Mathews plays him in. Woeful pass.

18. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

It was his third woefully misplaced pass in the space of a couple of minutes too.

Still, not the end of the world. Killie played very well to be fair and hopefully it'll remind the team that standards need to be maintained in ALL games not just the "big" ones.

19. harryhood67

Very soft penalty , not much been made of that. First goal terrible pass from Matthews but Ambrose could have done better . Anybody on here do the spl Clydesdale prediction scores ??? Harryhood67 sitting in overall 4th position .

20. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

Before we get too bound up in blaming , the people we don't like and using the last couple of games to get our individual
    digs in, I don't think too many people who know their football could have much criticism about the line-up at 3pm on Saturday.
    After the hard slog on Tuesday night I would have thought most people would have thought Neil picked an imaginative eleven,
    strong and refreshed in every line. All quality players replacing the players who were injured or who had a particular hard game
    on Tuesday. For example most people would prefer Matthews over Lustig. What was Matthews up to, he wasn't a shadow of the
    player he can be and must surely now be second choice right back after been certainly first choice a month ago.
    Kayal has in past times looked like or best player. Didn't show much on Saturday and along with Ledley allowed the cross in which
    resulted in the heart break goal. I think he was more to blame, as he ran from one player to other and stopped , I have always said
    that team must not let opposition time and space to play ball in and he give both. Forrest did well in both games doing what Forrest
    is primary there for, going forward and getting the ball into dangerous areas. If he could defend perfectly we would have some footballer
    or more like it would be we did have some football. Now I disagree with Harry Hood, I am sorry Harry I usually look for you as a fountain
    of knowledge but Neil Lennon did not want to use Charlie as midfielder, he was using Ambrose initially who immaculate in his first game
    for us at midfield but Ambrose just wasn't doing it and he had to switch Mulgrew with Ambrose. Mulgrew is a reasonable choice especially
    away to the like of Barca or other Champions League teams. Commons and Forrest and the loan striker should have provided enough
    fire power. The striker's light went out after about 30 mins and I am sure most of us expected more. I have no doubt that the team was
    good enough to trash Kilmarnock. Who is to blame for a performance like that. My view its missing Samaras and Brown, when they are
    not playing we cannot fight out a win. If things go well we can fly through and win by four or five goals. If Sammy is playing he can blend
    in with the rest of them as rubbish but at any time he can flick on the magic switch and either score or create a goal out of nothing. Brown
    narks and keeps at his players goading them on, and annoying the opposition and putting one or two of them off their game. Brown is often there
    where needed as back-up. I just think going back to the Barca game Brown would have been up in the corner supporting Forrest and they
    would never have got the ball out of that corner.