1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Celtic to boycott Sevco

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by eric cartman, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

The CSA don’t speak for me, I have no interest in becoming a member and under normal circumstances I would not give them the time of day…BUT, on this occasion I feel they have a very valid point.

In recent weeks, in amongst the ubiquitous Rangers wall- to-wall coverage, there has been a steady steam (or a trickle of piss) of Michael Johnston type quotes on how Kilmarrnock (now Motherwell too) cannot survive without the money that Rangers fans add to their coffers.

Their sycophantic drivel gives me the dry boak, they talk of “sporting integrity” and how vital a concept it is, and then blithely consign it to the dustbin, arguing that they have to do what they think is best for their clubs. Doubtless they know far better than you or I how important away supporters cash is to their respective clubs, but they are not only going against the wishes of their own fans, they are thumbing their noses at every set of fans in the country bar Rangers.

If they want to fly in the face of natural justice and sell their very souls for a few pieces of potential silver then let them. They can have the income generated by Rangers fans at their ground but by **** I’d let them rot before I gave them one thin dime of my money, and it looks as if the CSA are calling Motherwell and Kilmarnock’s bluff. They may not follow through with any promises but it will give these diddy Judas clubs’ Chairmen something to think on, and hopefully a few sleepless nights into the bargain.

2. Go G YellowScreen

Go G YellowScreen Well-Known Member

Well said Sir <applause>

3. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Gonny be dead easy to get tickets to all the games next season, seeing as no other **** is going.

4. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

You said 'follow through'. :emoticon-0136-giggl

5. Magic Laudrup 11

Magic Laudrup 11 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The dignity of the Celtic fans is astounding!!

On the one hand, Rangers fans are scummy ****s for suggesting boycotting those who try to banish the most successful club in the world, most likely due to a long running jealousy of our unparalleled success.

On the other hand, Celtic fans have the right to demand how other clubs vote and this is ok? Is it not enough that their own club has a vote?

All the Kilmarnock and Motherwell chairmen are saying is that they will struggle to stay afloat without Rangers in the league FFS.

6. Magic Laudrup 11

Forum Moderator

Dev = Gambol shame <laugh>

7. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

It shouldn't even be the fans who are asking to maintain the leagues integrity.

Those in charge have made a right balls up of the entire situation and after the no vote gets passed, we should start to look at their actions. How certain individuals can maintain there jobs after this is beyond me.

The people running our game are an absolute joke. How could you bring in the 10 point deduction for administration and not bring in any rules for liquidation is dumb. Rules should have been in place a long time ago covering all this and there wouldn't be any need for all this. Still they couldn't bring in rules just a few weeks ago, why?

8. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>.

9. Go G YellowScreen

Go G YellowScreen Well-Known Member

Please do explain how this is the case ML?

10. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

Out of the 20 or so Sellick fans on here, only Bib goes to the games.

And in Harry's imaginary world, he's only missed 15 seconds worth of Celtic games in 80 years.

11. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

12. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Celtic fans are merely countering the threats ALREADY made by the various Rangers' Supporters associations and at the same time sending a message (or a warning) to Motherwell and Killie.

I don't see what's wrong with that. These hypocrites want their cash too after all, so let's see if they think they can survive without Celtic fans' money.

13. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

<laugh>

It's only Nev who goes to games from Newco fans.

14. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Aye, but Dev follow followed through :grin:

15. AP: Password Mong

AP: Password Mong Well-Known Member

I find the threats and counter-threats of boycotting clubs on the basis of their vote on July 4th by Celtic and Rangers fans depressing. If it's wrong of one side to attempt to "bully", then it is for the other. Individual clubs should listen to their own fans and decide on that basis.

Of course, if individuals decide to stop going to certain games because they don't like a decision that club has made, they're entirely within their rights. Nonetheless (and I know it's a little naive and wishful thinking on my part) I think clubs should vote for the "right" reasons and not because they feel bullied into it.

16. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a load of pish ...

Some fans will boycott games but that's because they actually believe they are part of the club!

Like Celtic fans that believe they ousted the old board! The old board ****ed off and left the club on it's knees as the club had no more cash to take! <doh>

Like Rangers fans marching on the SFA <doh>

Uber fans need to grow the **** up!

Green Brigade et al give up thier season books - those on the waiting lists will simply buy them.

Supporters buses no longer running - new ones will start.

Boycotting football matches wil achieve the grand sum of **** all.

17. Magic Laudrup 11

Forum Moderator

I agree completely about the boycotts being pathetic. Not as much as some fans who will readily admit to crying because their football team has no money <laugh> <laugh>

It should be up to the people who actually have money tied up in football clubs to decide. It is them who will be losing out on money.

Last season I went to as many games as I could. Next season I will be too busy (and skint) to go.

18. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Grown men because "their team" didn't win the league is worse!

Guys - go n get yer hole!

19. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

<laugh>

I cried when Celtic didn't win the league in 1995.

20. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

They are not fans though they are customers. This notion fans will turn up regardless is fool hardy. If they say they don't want them, then it would be wise to listen to them.

As for boycotts it's all the fans have to get the clubs to listen which they don't appear to be doing.