1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CASTrust

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Reams is an oil tanker, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Reams is an oil tanker

CAST I have called you out on twitter and I am calling you out on here.
    You are a waste of time and how you can take money off Charlton fans for doing nothing (was going to say **** all but wife has told me to tone down my language) is beyond me.
    You still want to suck up to the Belgiun but finally recognise that the few members you still have want action.
    So you will co-ordinate mass demonstrations which to me translates that you will have supporters demonstrating outside M&S Woolwich on Saturday while you are having drinks and nibbles with KM.
    Now have the balls to engage with me and make plain your real intentions. I am unable to post this elsewhere cause I have been banned from other forums but you can always find me on twitter or here

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Miketyson2007 likes this.
  2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Agree mate load of charlatans complete waste of time

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I see Prague "Defender of Muzza" Addick was rightly called out on CL for his silence on Murray....and admitted that he hardly knows him these days <laugh>

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I'm going back and forth with their members on Facebook. Their last point was questioning why I'm not in favour of unity.

I've replied mentioning what happened when Kish started a petition and who put it down so vocally on CL.

I await my response, but think it's check mate

The Kish and DonCorleone like this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Credit to CASTrust for changing their position. They started by advising Roland to sell up, and not seek any more negotiations with them. Now they've made a formal complaint to the FA about our "CEO"'s latest rant which they allege brings the game into disrepute, and now they've also made a complaint about the award she received from the alumni for her work as CEO, in view of her published statement about not caring for the history of the club. All sounds OK to me. I don't have any axe to grind with anyone on the trust, I don't know any of them, but since I won't be attending home matches and therefore won't be able to protest, I will support anyone who does. OK it may not work, but nothing else has, has it?

6. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

I don't like some of the people involved in the trust, but they have grown a pair of balls. Fair play to them.

7. ForestHillBilly

No idea if I like them or not. Who cares? They want Roland Out now, Nothing else matters.

Beware of the virus likes this.
  8. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

As usual, I find myself agreeing with Forest. I don't really know these people, and their desires to be in the boardroom or in the Upper North really don't bother me. at the minute, they are doing it right in my opinión, and I don't really need to go much further than that. I really enjoyed seeing them complain th the FA about Katriens latest outburst in the media. What they call a Ratner moment I believe. I doubt the FA will have the balls to do anything, but the Trust did the right thing.

9. User deleted as requested

Sorry, but CAST's latest limp wristed gesture smacks of telling tales to teacher.

They raised a fortune at the Woolwich Town Hall meeting, and should have used that money to directly disrupt home games by paying for flares etc.

The ONLY protest that has resonated in the last 12 months was the Burnley pitch invasion - and that had to be kicked off by the Burnley fans coming on first.

10. ForestHillBilly

You can't go along and invade the pitch during the summer though. Some protests have been better than others, and there are differing opinions on that score, but one thing which all the protests have in common- none of them have worked, we are still part of Roland's Network. This in spite of the media being solidly behind the fans, which I believe is quite important. So anything which keeps the protests going has my backing. The estimated number of S/T sales so far is 3000-4000, and there will be more, which will give succour to Roland. You can't know for sure, but I think a proper S/T boycott might just have worked.

11. Ken Shabby

Judging by events at Blackpool (and you can't deny that when it comes to mismanagement, the Oystons are a class apart), a determined and bull headed owner can dig in and ignore everything, and as Roland is an absentee owner, a lot of the protests are always going to pass him by. It is almost imposible to 'force' an owner to sell if he doesn't want to - the question is whether we sit back and hope for the best or go down fighting. It seems that between 3 or 4 thousand of our fans have opted for the former. I'm not going to criticise, each to their own and all that, but I doubt we would have a Valley to call our own if those guys were in charge all those years ago. The other side of the coin is the protesters, and CARD and CAST are on that side. We haven't got rid of Roland, but there is hope while the pressure stays on. The stuff with the sponsors was impressive, and that is more likely to move the guy out than a pitch invasión at a ground he never visits.

12. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

In the words of the Asda adverts... 'Every little helps'.

I very much doubt that any one type of action will get RD to sell.

I personally think us Charlton fans need to be like a boxer who can't punch.

We're never going to take RD out with one shot, but if our work rate is good we can grind him down and make him quit after a barrage of blows.

13. User deleted as requested

Duchatelet's public comments in Belgium last week about the perils of neglectful foreign ownership were blatantly made to needle Charlton fans. The fella is a nasty piece of work which is why robust Burnley tactics must be repeated next season at every opportunity.

14. Ken Shabby

I took that as his usual crass inability to see himself as the rest of us see him (me? no, I am different, huh!). Mind you, it's hard to imagine anyone could be so bovine as to make statements like that without noting the irony of a Belgian who doesn't understand the British culture standing up and attacking foreign owners who do the same in Belgium.

15. ForestHillBilly

I took it as a taunt, whether it was consciously intended or not.And not only aimed at us, but also the string of clubs he owns across Europe. He's not a visionary, he's a very naughty boy.

16. ForestHillBilly

CAST AGM on thursday at the Bugle. I'll be going, but I'm not sure what the point of having a Trust is now. At £5 a year we've got no financial clout, the way Swansea fans did when they bought a share in the club. Does anyone have any positive ideas I should put forward? No personal attacks on anyone please.

17. ForestHillBilly

Special guest is Steve Avory. Any questions for him anybody? I want to see how he feels about subsidising Roland's failure.

18. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

How does he feel about bringing through players who he knows will have no future at Charlton Athletic.

19. ForestHillBilly

That's the big question alright.

20. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, Steve Avory does a fantastic job. And I know that Clubs like ours will always be under pressure to sell the best of the youngsters who come through our youth system.

But there is a world of difference between bringing those players through and getting them into the first team so that they can really help to push the Club upwards, then do our best to hang onto those players for as long as possible - and bringing those players through only to have them paraded in the shop window of the first team, with the Club having no other intention than selling them for as much money as it can get.

Didn't Katrien Meire say at some time that Charlton fans should feel grateful to be able to watch future Premier League stars (or words to that effect)?
    Crass statements like that show exactly why she is unfit to be our CEO. She brings Charlton Athletic into disrepute.

Mr Sitter likes this.