1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carragher

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Apr 30, 2013.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jamie Carragher will join the Sky Sports punditry team for the 2013/14 season.

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8680593

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will join the Sky Sports punditry team for the 2013/14 season.
    The 35-year-old, who will retire from playing at the end of the current campaign, will work alongside the likes of Gary Neville, Graeme Souness, Jamie Redknapp and Alan Smith next term when Sky Sports brings you over 500 matches from the domestic, European and International games.

Carragher has spent his entire career at Liverpool, racking up over 730 appearances and winning the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, two UEFA Super Cups, two FA Cups and three League Cups.

And the Bootle-born star who, after Ryan Giggs is just the second player to play over 500 Premier League games for one club, says he can't wait to begin his new role.
    "I watch Sky Sports all the time and I'm a huge fan. I can't wait to be part of their coverage and work with the best in the business," said Carragher, who will make his bow in August.

"What Sky has done for football for over 20 years is incredible and I'm thrilled to be part of their exciting plans for next season.
    "I don't think there could be a better move for me: to retire from one of the world's best football clubs at the end of the season and then join one of the world's best broadcasters.

"Until that time comes, I'll remain fully focussed on my remaining playing career with Liverpool and I'm looking forward to ending the season with good results."
    Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, added: "Jamie has everything you want in an expert analyst; opinions, experience and incredible knowledge.
    "He's hugely respected throughout the game and I know his immense insight on today's players, teams and tactics will make our football coverage even better.
    "He joins us fresh from the changing room of one of the world's biggest clubs and will be part of our incredible line-up of football experts, who between them boast 25 League titles, 10 European trophies and over 700 international caps."

Sky Sports' schedule for the 2013/14 season includes 116 fixtures from the Barclays Premier League - three quarters of all live matches and more than ever before.
    More than 120 UEFA Champions League fixtures, 75 npower Football League fixtures, the Capital One Cup, over 100 fixtures from La Liga, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, William Hill Scottish Cup and much more.
    This year, Sky Sports viewers can enjoy the biggest football season ever as well as The British & Irish Lions Tour, back-to-back Ashes Series, the ICC Champions Trophy, every race live in the F1 season, Super League, US Open and USPGA Golf and Andy Murray defending his US Open title.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps - I made a thread Gerrez <party>

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

was just thinking that when I seen who created it. About time.

Hopefully yours wont be filled with sheite like Mr Dumpez' ones<ok>

I hope Carra goes in two footed on Neville, now that would be entertainment<laugh>

3. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

It's a miracle that I've made one Sisu <ok>

I actually rate Neville as a pundit, it'll be funny to see if they can actually understand him <laugh>

4. moreinjuredthanowen

big mistake by carra if he wants to get into management IMO

5. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

yeah looking at shearer, he makes it obvious he hasn't a clue and who would want a clueless Geordie, who is slowly turning into Steve Stone btw, managing their club<ok>

6. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Looks like coaching isn't the way forward for Carra, which is a dreadful shame.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

just the way i was looking at it. you can ONLY damage your own credibility hanging round with redknapp and the like. if you say anything that's not genius you look bad and if you dare criticise a darling you get pilloried. in the end if you want to be a manager do what nigel clough did... or jose mourinho did or even rodgers.

Work from the bottom up... don't go hang round with mouth pieces in a studio cos you aint learning a thing.

I've wanted to hear carragher was up somewhere in the academy and also put into an ambassador role, go to leverkusen with hyppia, go to barca if they let you in the door, or real or where ever, go to uefa seminars on coaching. learn your trade.

talking shops on sky... don't end up on soccer saturday jamie!

Utd put solksjaer into the reserves, then he moved to molde, he's working his way up. they stuck scholes inthe reserves too. Carragher might think he's separating himself form the first team for a while but he's not. he should have gone to the academy under their coaching structure and learned.

8. I feel proud of you <yikes>

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Thread was too long couldn't be bothered reading it. <whistle>

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I would say that he is probably taking a well earned break before taking a job or doing more badges.

11. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

It's alright, it only took me 10 seconds to make it <ok>

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Nice to see you putting the effort in. <cheers>

13. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Hey I don't make threads as it is, I ain't gonna put effort into them even when I do make them. <ok>

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Lets hope it doesn't get derailed. <whistle>

15. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

I'll be amazed if it don't! <ok>

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

RHC will not be happy with that error. :biggrin:

17. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Neville is part of the England set up as well as his sky sports role so I see no reason why Carra can't do similar IF HE WANTS TO - it's not about what we think is best for him don't forget.

18. Red Hadron Collider

Who's going to the Derby on Sunday? ****ing engineering works between Liverpool and Warrington. Usually 25 mins and will take over an hour. Have to take a couple of cans on the train <ok>

19. Red Hadron Collider

<doh> Doesn't <doh>

Just for you, Dr Gonzo <laugh>

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

<cheers> The youth of today need educating.