1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carey Re-Signs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Lummiepie, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

So it looks like Bristol City legend Lois Carey will be around again next season.

I am glad he is going to be onboard but concerned that he may be considered the first choice starting center back, not saying he cant keep out anyone on his day, but I am desperate for us to grab a big dominent number 5.

Carey's experience and work ethic will be priceless for Fontaine, Nytanga, Wilson and Ribiro but I see him being used spareingly.

How do you think Keef see's him?

Is this really best for everyone?

2. Dudibob

Dudibob New Member

I don't see why he shouldn't be considered for the first team as he ain't getting any younger but still leads by example and is still 5/6 years younger than David James!

If his fitness is affecting his performances then he should be dropped to the bench until he can prove himself but only then imo

3. ashtonmadness

ashtonmadness Member

I think he deserves a new contract, but I agree he should start to make way a little, however the defence looks more solid when he is there, so he is obviously needed.
    Great player and servant but time for some new blood who can dominate the defence the way he used to.