1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cardiff. Yet another game to ignore the kids.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Drinkwater didn’t even get selected in the Europa league squad did he hahaha. What a terrible buy he was, up there with the worst under Abramovich.

Wouldn’t mind Morata playing in the Europa League, big chance to gain some confidence and hopefully get some goals.

StanDMan likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Really? <laugh>

FFS, Yeah he was a ****ing shocking buy.......for 30 odd million as well.....insane <doh>
    I said so at the time. Could have gotten much better for that price.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree with most. But Drinkwater was poorly used. He is a decent squad player who got caught in perfect storm

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Was he not used as a footballer?
    Did Conte try to use him as a kit man or a janitor?
    Im not sure what this even means, "poorly used".

5. The Ginger Marks

I don’t think Stan thinks at all tbh so I wouldn’t be too alarmed.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Wumming is not what I was doing. I was criticising the manager for not playing his full quota of players to determine which ones actually are the best for his system.Then he can get a settled side. I have not suggested that a load of kids play every game, only that one at least gets a run, even off the bench, for more than 5 minutes. Who on here thought Pedro would prove more effective than Willian, who thinks Christiansen would be better than Luiz? Will RLC turn out to be a better option than Barkley? Who knows, they never play so anyone can compare. That's my beef, always has been. No point throwing 5 kids in together in the Europa and saying, well, they aren't any good. It takes game time and they are getting none, even as subs, even in our "easy "games.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

CP your title in the OP is the root of the criticism you have been getting. Cardiff. Yet another game to ignore the kids. We would all like to see the youth come in, and yes we hope Sarri brings them in soon but they have to be good enough, think Abraham, not looking a world beater at Villa yet, remember Jeremie Boga, couldn't get in the Birmingham first team, Hudson Odoi looks good but let Sarri go to work for a while he isn't Conte, I think he has a longer and better future for us than some on here think. Keep the faith Blue is the colour. Oh and criticising a manager that has won his first 5 games aint right.

The Ginger Marks and BobbyD like this.
  8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Sarri takes training every day, where he can analyse the best players for the system

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Abu, if you look at my last 3 posts I was provocative in all 3, simply to try and get some reaction from what was becoming a tame site, and I did say so in one post. I will take your advice and not criticise Sarri ( which has only ever been for the same reason, not playing enough of the squad and settling on a 1st team too quickly)
    I applaud his methods and his results, and will end the topic of intergrating youngsters until we see how the season unfolds.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

True, but match fit players will always outshine those not match fit, ie RLC in his last England performance.
    However I take your point.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Well you certainly woke us up with this one CP. You even made Stan seem sober, and that is some feat, I can tell ya.

The Ginger Marks likes this.