1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cardiff v Hull

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

how are we 2 nil down, 2 attacks with one horrendous deflection :emoticon-0101-sadsm

i couldnt see us winning both our next 2 home games and if we dont win today we need to take something away at spurs and beat fulham at home.

hull remind me in their approach how alot of championship teams cope with playing away from home when they dont want to lose. we have created chances and could still yet get back into this....

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

oh, and forgot about the penalty shout just before half time. took jones out and thats a foul and a penalty.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

There's a long 45 minutes to go before the fat lady sings.

Amazing how luck goes, when you're struggling, nothing seems to go your way. But all the time you're creating chances, the game's alive.

We've certainly played better and lost.

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

nothings going in, your right that seems to be the way when you're at the bottom.

we probably create the same chances under OGS in one game that we would in 3 MM games. just need to put the ball in the onion bag. 2 chances 2 goals for hull and thats why you'll probably stay up and we're bottom at the time of posting.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Small consolation, but you're far from the worst team we've played. Many of our away games have been like you today, lot's of effort and endevour, but no result.

6. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Ole for the sack?

7. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

apart from goals we did ok today, 20 attempts to 10.

hull defended in numbers from the first minute to the last and countered. we couldnt find a way through and the scoreline is 4-0.

there was just a free kick and everyone except jelavic was back defending. having that many back makes life difficult for any team........

8. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

it was 4-0, surely not all from counter attacks

9. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

yep, check match of the day.

10. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Ole simply hasn't got a clue. A future manager maybe... But now? No. There are many who post on this board for whom the words 'be careful what you wish for' are most appropriate at the moment. Sacking Malky was bad enough, but to replace him with a manager with zero premiership experience was clearly (I hope you see that now) a grave error. I wanted it to work, like everyone else, but the gamble on ago ung manager has proven to backfire in the most embarrassing way possible. Hey oh, I paid for next season's ticket...but these last few weeks are going to be very long indeed.

11. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

Depends if your club has an ethos and principles to stick by. Some do, others don't.

12. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I feel for Cardiff today, the way the game started, i felt you were killing us. Thanks to our keeper, we stayed in the game.

We have a good relationship after our joint promotion, i remember you lot staying back at the Circle and applauding our promotion.

Good luck <ok>

13. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Then again, there are others for whom the words ' sanctimonious ****' are apt.

14. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Cheers.

15. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

Lie down with dogs and you get fleas. CCFC and Vincent Tan. Made for each other.

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

cardiff are suffering what i have now named "The Michael Laudrup Syndrome" Where you look good because you have more of the possession and in a lot of cases have more shots on target but lose the match. Ole looks like laudrup who was out of his depth and wont get enough points to save cardiff from the drop back to the lower leagues. Tan has made a massive error in sacking Malkey who could get results and play better football and look as if he knew what he was doing, This was hulls biggest away win ever in top flight football and shows the difference in the two clubs who came up....

17. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pretty much. Check the match thread on our board to see how we were worried about the way we were playing before we scored. Obviously once we scored it then got easier and easier to attack on the counter because gaps got left as they pushed for an equaliser and then to try and get back in it.

18. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I had a twitchy sphincter pretty much the whole first half, if your lot could score in a brothel we'd probably have been looking at a 10-2 deficit at half time. I once saw a man on telly with no arms or legs and I'd bet a pound to a penny he'd have stuck half those chances away.

If you play like you did in the first half chances are you'll score a fair amount of goals, and if you score more goals than the other teams you're playing the chances are you'll win more than you lose. Some pathetic defending though on your part, you made it easy for us to score, specially Jelavic's header, your defence just stood there and watched without twitching a muscle. It's incredible, that on that viewing, 'Murky' Mackay's solid platform seems to have evaporated, can't help but think if he was your manager today we probably wouldn't have scored. At least not as easily as we did.

Good luck for the rest of the season, looks like you'll be needing it (not intended to be a gloat there by the way) <ok>

19. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

And if anyone was in doubt as to whom I was referring to, you've cleared that up nicely. Tosser.

20. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to have been driving back from Belgium and missed the game. Listened to the 1st half and turned off coming into Newport.. I was very optimistic from the 1st 10 minutes of commentary. What went wrong? I am now almost certain we are getting relegated. <ok> fair play to the Hull fans on here, top bunch of fans.

Devastated