1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic, Fug Me....Make Sure The Pies are Hot!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Feb 13, 2020.

1. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

looking at the other results. Lots of away wins against the odds....reckon we dodged a bullet.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Just saw the (very brief) highlights on Quest. They didn't even have post match interviews with the managers.
    Penalty was harsh. Disallowed goal very harsh.
    Couldn't tell the balance of play to know if we deserved a win.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Disputed penalties and crap reffing aside, I thought they were better than us over the 90 minutes. They did to us what we are alleged to do when we visit "better" teams - they outmuscled us and we looked uncomfortable with the close attention. Even Tommo was trying to put himself about rather than his passing game and that spoke volumes.

Never change a winning side they say, but to be honest, we looked a bit stale. Paterson was ineffective and the oh so predictable "like for like" introduction of Hoilett for Murphy as usual didn't have any impact. Whether Glatzel would have had any joy through the middle is conjecture, but I'd like to have seen a change of shape up front rather than just personnel. OK, we should have had a peno and Ward should have scored at the death but overall we were lacking ideas.

Brightest spark over this past few games is the increasing contribution made by Vaulks. I'm not sure how Ralls is going to fit back in when he's fit but I hope it's not at Vaulks' expense. If we're going to play with two widemen (Murph and Albert) and Tommo as a No. 10, there's not many options left.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

3 points would have been fortunate over 90 but it’s just maddening when the referee makes so many bad decisions.
    They say it evens out during the season; not for us it doesn’t.
    I too hope Vaulks isn’t the fall guy for Ralls. For one thing we’ve scored 4 goals from his long throws which is probably more than from Gunners in his whole time with City!
    TBH unsure what Ralls could bring to this settled team.
    Agree why bother bringing on Hoilett?
    I’d start Glatzel instead of Paterson who just is hopeless as a CF. Certainly ahead of Ward who couldn’t hit a barn door with the proverbial at the moment.
    Like to see Smith given a chance soon.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Even if Ralls doesnt force his way in to the starting line up, its a good addition to the squad.
    Going to be a few injuries, tired legs, substitutions needed over the next couple months.
    Good to have other bodies to call on.
    If we want to play more football, i stull feel glatzel is the way forward, especially with tomlin and murphy hitting their straps. Just need Unc up to speed.
    Keep Pato for games where there are physical defenses.
    Good to have a plan B. Just need to finalise plan A.

clingo and ninian opinion like this.