1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Stoke City, Fug Me, Not Seen Stoke Since Garth Crookes Played For Them!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The win was the only thing good about that. It's fair to say it's early days and Harris can only work with what he's got, but that was a cross between Warbockball and Millwall. So poor to watch I had to keep reminding myself on the drive back home that we'd taken 3 points from it.

The inclusion of Tomlin made a difference but he needs like minded players around him otherwise he can be inneffective. The number of times he had to look up for someone to make the run and take the ball from him only to find a lack of movement was embarrassing. As a result, he often tried to do it all himself and ran into trouble. For long periods the game even passed him by as the ball flew over his head.

I also thought Madine did OK, but only just OK, and that's not enough in this division. Bacuna was everywhere and did make some mistakes but he really tried to make the difference - all credit to him. Lack of an attacking cutting edge out wide with Hoilett and NML more concerned with containing Stoke than opening them up.

At the back it was all hands to the pumps again. Did very well blotting up the Stoke front men but once they won the ball there was no plan between them. Peltier was Peltier and Bennett was Mr. inconsistent often needing Hoilett to help him out.

One point raised by Nin above - I thought that was probably the worst refereeing performance I've seen at the CCS this season.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Madine and Bogle have not made anything of the chances given to them in the absence of Ward and Glatzel so expect one of these will start at Forest, probably Ward if Glatzel is still not quite fit.

Will he keep Flint & Nelson together after a rare clean sheet?

Question also if he’ll start with Tomlin in an away game and go 4-4-2 but that failed at Charlton due to midfield being overrun on the break.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forest will be a lot tougher than Stoke - and we'll be at their place. If Harris has learned anything from that Charlton game up there, he'll have to pack the midfield because we were overun that first half at The Valley.

Up front sure needs sorting. We have no idea who is going to be on their game other than to go on the evidence so far, and the evidence shows Ward should be the choice.