1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday...Famous Club Or What?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

At the risk of being slated here, I think you over-achieved massively in the post-lock-down period to reach the play-offs. Nothing so far in the season up to the break suggested you would make the playoffs, so maybe that extra expectation from that run has the fans hoping for similar this season? It doesn't always work that way.

2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

You may well have a point - I'm not sure. My point is about the loss of effort and determination. We can't "over-achieve" without those two elements.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No probs supcon - it's an opinion and you're entitled to it.

Personally I think we maintained/raised our game post lockdown whilst others (Forest, Backburn, Preston etc) failed to respond and fell away - that's not over achieving, more like doing what was necessary.

Whilst we had no right to think that would continue, there's no doubt that game against Sheff Wed on Saturday was a kick in the pants for the club, players and supporters. The point clingo made was nothing to do with last season. It was an indictment of the players (and it has to be said the management) who failed miserably in the day.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

You deserve to be slated for an ill thought out comment which was well off the mark. City went into lockdown in good form, were becoming difficult to beat under Harris and after lockdown upped their pre lockdown form and were well deserving of a top 6 spot.

Quite how they dropped to the appalling level they did on Saturday is the issue for Harris to sort out.

clingo and BluefromBridgend like this.