1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday...Famous Club Or What?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 7, 2020.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Sh1te would have been better.

2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

On a positive note you are still 9 points ahead of them :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's a massive consolation. <doh>

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

@Eric Le Merde after our opening games in our respective divisions, we might both have lost, but one thing is obvious.

We can only improve but I doubt you can. <ok>

5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Wednesday will have been playing with a devil may care attitude, we know what a points deduction feels like. As for us getting better we certainly will. New CB partnership and a new recruit that gave away a late penalty. Just beat the dog bothers and Derby, the rest is up to you <cheers>

Oldsparkey likes this.
  6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

That’s wishful thinking <whistle>

7. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Glad I was away on a motorbike rally. That's all I have to say about it!

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You mean we can get worse? <yikes>

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Wednesday didn't have to play with a devil may care attitude - we played with a "who cares" attitude. Thats what's pissed many of us off. We've got plenty of time to rectify it, but have we got the ability?

I still doubt you will improve on that excellent performance yesterday. When we went up to the Prem the first time under Malky, we beat Man City in our second game of the season - it was never the same after that. Taking nothing away from that performance of yours - well done.

It's not a criticism of your side, but the harsh realities of life in the Prem can very quickly evaporate from the early euphoria. <ok>

10. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Its only 1 game guys, why all the doom and gloom? I gather yesterday was poor, Paul Merson on SSS was pretty scathing of how bad you were, but Sheff Weds are not a bad side. Add in the motivation they will/should have to wipe out the 12 point deficit as soon as possible, will make them hard to beat in the first few games.

11. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I can put up with most things from a Cardiff City side and over the years I and many others have done just that. What I can't put up with is a lack of interest and effort. It's only a month ago that I was praising the team ethic and the determination of the squad. Never say die and give it everything. We know we don't have the most skillful set of players in the world but they had spirit. If they've lost that, we have nothing. I could understand if they were struggling to adapt to a new system, but to show a lack of interest is unforgiveable. I don't know if it's a reaction to the Mendez-Lang sacking or something else that's made them throw their toys out of the pram but they're professionals living in a priviliged world especially at the moment. If Harris has lost the dressing room we have severe problems and to be honest, I'd rather see a few players be shown the door before him. However, he has to sort it out. I'm also concerned about our activigty in the transfer market. This overwhelming need to bring in a striker still baffles me when we clearly don't have a team to feed him. If Harris is trying something new fair enough, but he has to get everyone onside with it. No prima donnas or tantrums.
    Rant over. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday

12. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Off topic but I thought I read that all championship games were available free this season on Sky Sports, possibly via the red button. Didn’t work yesterday so do any of you guys know anything about this?

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Irish - These are the only Championship games so far decided for screening on Sky Sports - there are no "red button" games advised so far.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

You can only watch City home games live on CCFC TV for a match pass costing £10 per game. I did that yesterday and wasted 10 quid.......<laugh>

14. irishbluebird

Cheers for that Sparkey. I wasted £10 as well :emoticon-0106-cryin

15. BluefromBridgend

Or if you have a season ticket you can get it for free. They also say they will give you credit for the cost of your ST over £10.

Mine only costs me £7.40. Do I have to pay them the difference? <doh> After yesterday I was robbed. A shucking fambles.

And my other team, Tottenham, are getting stuffed by Everton.

I'm going to take up socially distanced, non-competitve line dancing.

clingo likes this.
  16. irishbluebird

Thank you but I don’t have a season ticket BFB so I doubt I’ll be wasting any more dosh after that inept display yesterday. Either Sheffield Wednesday are the best team in the league or we’re pretty poor. Somehow I suspect the latter. Anyway we’re on the box next week against Forest so hoping for a better result.
    Before I moved to Cardiff I used to go up to see the Spurs regularly but they were well beaten today by a very good Everton side. Sparky should stick a few quid on them!

17. BluefromBridgend

I think Spurs were just sh1te rather than Everton very good. Mourinho out and Poch back.

irishbluebird likes this.
  18. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Do you know what the position is on non Sky away games? Midweek some games were on the red button last season but sat 3pm games?

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

There are no red button games for the moment.

The idea being that with empty stadiums, the home clubs will at least get some revenue by encouraging supporters to pay the £10 for a match pass.

For your 10 quid you get to watch the full multi camera/replays coverage rather than watching an inferior red button "single camera" option for free.

20. BluefromBridgend

Yes, the coverage on City Live was not great but at least the commentators favoured City. About the only thing going for them.