1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City V QPR

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Who knows what is possible from this game against a good side with a fine tradition? I’m expecting a reasonable team performance under the caretaker boss, boosted by a reaction to his half time chat! Think this is a tough one, could do with playing lowly Swansea or similar...easy game thingy! Stan Bowles out for this one, but Rodney Marsh May get a late call up! Rodney used to get pulled off regularly back in the day, wearing glasses now! :emoticon-0103-cool: Morrison to get a goal?

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see that Joel Bagan, Eli King, Isaak Davies and Chanka Zimba all played for the under 23s last night so probably won't be included in the squad for QPR.

So it's Giles to continue at LWB, Harris in for Evans for me. Haven't heard about Mozza, so that back 3 might need a shuffle.

The biggest decision to make must be in midfield. Not sure about Ralls, but with Pack back off suspension, any 2 from Pack, Ralls, Bacuna an Vaulks. If he's fit, I'd go for Ralls with Pack coming back in, otherwise Pack and Bacuna.

Moore with Harris and Colwill must be the choice up front.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I'll go with all of that Sparks. I can see most of those youngsters from Under 23's being on the bench tomorrow. Fingers crossed Ralls is fit to start instead of Bacuna.

Going to be another tough one. QPR usually do well at out place and the likes of Chair and Dykes will need careful watching.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Always got to watch out for a dyke BFB pal! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Pull your finger out Masky <whistle>

6. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

clingo likes this.
  7. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

A really interesting read and in many ways echoing what some of us have thought previously when it comes to us not really knowing how good (or bad) most of the players are. I still think many were taught to be poor by the style they were asked to play. That of course means that they have some serious "unlearning" to do and that may take some time.
    I'm not taking anything away from the fightback at Stoke but at the end of the day we did concede three goals again and if we're honest, Stoke were a bit generous with at least one of our goals. That said, the improvement was undeniable and hinted at the first stages of progress.
    I'm trying to keep a level head about tomorrow evening and control expectations. Hopefully, we can take a few more steps to adopting a better style.
    Rangers will certainly not be a pushover and they will be smarting a bit after the loss against Posh and the home draw to Forest. Quite unpredictable but excellent on their day.

8. Ledleysleftfoot

Ledleysleftfoot Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="clingo, post: 15316037, mem. I still think many were taught to be poor by the style they were asked to play. That of course means that they have some serious "unlearning" to do and that may take some time.
    I'm not taking anything away from the fightback at Stoke but at the end of the day we did concede three goals again and if we're honest, Stoke were a bit generous with at least one of our goals. That said, the improvement was undeniable and hinted at the first stages of progress.
    I'm trying to keep a level head about tomorrow evening and control expectations. Hopefully, we can take a few more steps to adopting a better style.
    Rangers will certainly not be a pushover and they will be smarting a bit after the loss against Posh and the home draw to Forest. Quite unpredictable but excellent on their day.[/QUOTE]

9. BrizzleBluebird

Managed to watch the highlights of the Stoke game last night.

In fairness I know it's only a brief glimpse but a couple of the balls out / cross field from Vaulks and Bacuna were very good.

Agreed we must have been shocking through the first half but looking at the clips and listening to SM talk plus Vaulks speaking up, it does begin to provide just a wee glimmer of hope that we could be capable of a bit more of a tweak in style in the coming months.

Just need to hope that the board don't then go and unpick any progress by appointing someone like Hughton or Steve Bruce <doh>

10. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

WOL:

3616DC75-C897-4013-A3D0-7078515EA6A8.jpeg

Is it possible that Vaulks is licking a rectum here, twiddling with a todge perhaps? :emoticon-0103-cool: Clingon, anyone?

11. BrizzleBluebird

Hmm, has obviously studied how you try influence FFB in the prediction league and is attempting a similar level of toadying..... :emoticon-0109-kiss:<hug><whistle>

Masky and clingo like this.
  12. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

He’s got to drop Vaulks.Whatever he’s quoted as saying in the press is irrelevant to me as he’s just not very good. We’re a weaker team with him in there.

13. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Vaulks if is sucking up to the new boss or not. He certainly wasn't so outspoken when Mick was in charge. However, whatever his motives and even if he is just trying to curry favour, I still see his comments as a positive as it demonstrates his desire to be part of any potential change.
    Maybe he is lacking in fundamental skills but as I suggested earlier in the thread, perhaps he's just got worse because of the way the team were told to play. Which is pretty much what he's saying I guess. In fairness to him, I look at Harry Wilson and how he descended to less than mediocre after a season with us and although I wouldn't put Vaulks in the same bracket as Wilson, the same reasons for declining form still apply, albeit to a different degree. We do have a recent, bad record of good players becoming less effective when they join us. Hopefully the winds of change will bring an ethos that encourages players to blossom with us rather than sink into obscurity.

14. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Sure but look back at Stokes 2nd goal and watch Vaulks lack of effort to close down and their 3rd when he loses possession so easily.

clingo likes this.
  15. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't argue with those two points nin.
    However, the point I was trying to make was that maybe the last couple of regimes have had a detremental effect on him. Let's face it, in the first half against Stoke, nobody played that well.
    All I'm saying is that given our recent history of poor, knee-jerk decisions, we need to be careful of throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    I think it's fair to say that none of our midfielders have been given much chance to operate as such in recent times.

ninian opinion likes this.
  16. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Our biggest liabilities in the team are Bacuna and even more so Curtis 50pence head Nelson, who is by fare the most hopeless player to wear a City shirt in donkeys years. Or is it me !!:emoticon-0101-sadsm

clingo likes this.
  17. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Good to see you on here again mate.
    Once again, you could very well be right but whilst playing under Harris and Mick, nobody comes out smelling of roses.
    We can't do anything until January and perhaps not even then. So in the meantime let's find out who we've actually got playing to an improving style and while we're doing that, let's make full use of the bench when things aren't working.

18. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

clingo likes this.
  20. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Yep and with reasonable options on the bench.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.