1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Manchester City, Fug Me Does This Beat Barnsley Eh?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 20, 2018.

1. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

whiffle my boy aged 15 really enjoyed the game(its not often you get 2 watch top end at the ccs)<<<<his words not mine..........but there you go he was there until the end>>>>along with about 18 thousand others............signing his heart out for the boys.

my take on it is>>>>do we really expect 2 be still in a race with our skoda and theyre formula 1 machines................so yeah some need a reality check.....the reality being over half of this league is only there 2 make up the numbers and are nothing more than top end championship clubs.

for me its like getting a place in eton by merit>>>>only 2 turn up at eton and explain your dad is a factory working and your mams a cleaner <ok>

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. aberdude

glad you mentioned the old bag of bones masky....

3. aberdude

anyways why you boys up so early on the day of the Sabbath

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Minnie’s, nininie’s, negative, moaning....left out silly billies Whiff pal! So easy to forget, we knew this was gonna happen didn’t we....NW did not concentrate enough time and effort on improving the CF position, our Achilles heel last term! I hope that if/when we return to The Championship, we still have this team intact and loadsa money. Winning automatic promotion was thrilling, PL, unless you’re prepared is all about a win now and again...a draw here and there! The plusses thus far....Etheridge (hope he doesn’t suffer shell shock like Marshall at Hull), rediscovering the forgotten man Danny Ward, Bennett (looks class...why was he left out?) and big Bruno! I like the look of Reid, Arter and Murphy and Calvahare! Looking forward to Burnley on Sunday, not expecting a city win though, but my BPPL forecast might suggest otherwise! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Wise appraisal from a great man Wink pal! <party>Whiffletree eh? <party>Fug off pal!

5. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

<party>So who the Fug is this eh? I have so many messages asking who this is, and is he any relation to brothers Winky and Wannky...well he is another brother and his name Is Wonky, please welcome him to the forum pals! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Barry Tiger likes this.
  6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Thanks for this Aber. I have come to realise that at my severe age of 52, this would be my target in a night club, a great mover, shaker and an exponent of fine shape cutting! Couple of pints granted! :emoticon-0103-cool:

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Only saw the highlights on match of the day (did they actually mention us - fawning over man city) but one of the most noticeable things was how quickly man city won the ball back. Repeatedly we'd win the ball, one or two touches and they had it back. With the last goal, manga did really well to win the ball in our box, took a touch, looked up and went to play a 5 yard pass which was cut out by them.
    Happened repeatedly. Either the ball got nicked from one of our players feet while they were looking at which pass to play or a short pass got intercepted. Just the pace of the game. Don't get a second at this level.

whiffletree and BluefromBridgend like this.
  8. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Nice one Aber, totally agree. I went yesterday with my daughter, son in law & grandson (4). The grandson really enjoyed it singing & clapping throughout ( more interested in Bartley the Bluebird than what was going on on the pitch, though..probably more entertaining). Hope he takes the 'right' songs to school on Monday, mind.

suprimir likes this.