1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City V Burnley, Fug Me...Who Are They?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

We are well and truly Donald Ducked. As so many have said, the inability to sign someone who is able to deposit the leather sack in the onion bag on a regular basis will and is costing us dearly.

One positive feature is Murphy who looks a real gem.

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

We could’ve won, talk about smash and grab (Warboys and Bannister), they knew how to win. Burnley looked well pleased with that. We were unlucky, but we should have beaten a poor side! Etheridge and Manga shone again, would like to see Bennett back, Cunningham could have done better for both goals! Murphy immense! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Unlucky city!<party>Good crowd! <party>Masky changed his prediction last minute...silly twwat!

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watched the game from afar and cringed when Burnley scored that second goal - we were all over the place defensively.

Yes, we were the better team on the day but lacked the key to open up a very average side. Camarasa again showed his quality but got little support other than the crunching tackles and willingness of Arter to get stuck in.

No class around the box save for Murphy- the one bright spark to emerge from the summer transfer window.

We won't have a better chance to get our first win than that. I don't blame the players - they are what they are - decent Championship quality. However, whoever took overall control of the summer transfer window be it Tan, Dalman or Warnock, they have a lot to answer for.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Did Zohore break sweat, bit of a pussy me thinks? :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Masky knows a pussy! <party>Put your finger right on it Wannky!<party>Masky, a great man!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

You have to win your home games against the poorer sides in the premiership if you have any chance of staying in there......Why does Warnock smile at the end.? I would be furious as you had enough chances to win that. Hudders are even worse imo and they have no excuses.....I think Cardiff have the potential to win games but with a better manager than Warnock's lack lustre style of management....

6. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Could and should have won that one, we made plenty of chances and should have had a pen.

Get our first win at Wembley then. <whistle>

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Ah well, it's Sunday evening and our last night in this cottage. Watched the game on my laptop this afters accompanied by a few Peronis and Fosters, had a steak pie down the local with a nice bottle of red this evening and fck 'em all.....<laugh>

Heading for home in the morning and back to the real world - Hey Ho, what does football rubbish matter.....<wah><wah>

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Etheridge shone?

He had 2 things to do all game and was found wanting. (Why was Brian Murphy on the bench?)

Should have won at a canter. 2 of the softest goals you’ll ever see won it; a total travesty. But totally self inflicted. Yes city should have had a penalty but we don’t get them in this league. The ref was not very good.

People talk of the lack of a decent forward at this level (Zahore again was poor and looked knackered) but our defence is the worst in the league.1-0 should have been enough; Burnley were terrible with championship quality players yet they had 2 efforts and 2 goals to our 19 and 1.

The failure to take 9 points versus Newcastle, Huddersfield & Burnley will prove to be too damaging.

City will probably not have as much possession again all season but shocking defending and a sheer lack of quality cost us dearly.

Only bright spots were Camarassa & Murphy. Paterson did well but he can’t play that type of game against better teams. Zahore is a waste of space. And Madine is as bad as you can get. Ralls again was anonymous.

Any little optimism I had has now gone

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Etheridge is a class keeper, bear I’m mind his confidence is taking a pummelling! He should have stopped the first goal, granted, but Cunningham should have done better for him. Surely you wouldn’t change him for Murphy? :emoticon-0103-cool:

10. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Yeah. Etheridge was poor yesterday.

Neil Warnock saying afterwards "it is a blow when we lose games like this, because we can't play much better than that without winning a game".

In that case we won't be winning much because we played very poorly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

11. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I really think our passing is improving every game and then I have a reality check.
    Some quality play from Camarasa and Murphy. Ralls was absent and was rightly subbed.
    After put.himself.about.and showed some bite in the midfield.
    Quality goal from Murphy with a good build up.
    Manga had a good game. Ward or Zohore? On yesterday's evidence you'd have to say Zohore. Although I think a Zohore /Ward partnership may well be a good option.
    Finally, stop the Morrison long throw. It is impotent and gains us sweet Fanny Adams.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Agree about the goals conceded being as soft as you can get - absolutely shocking defending. When you lose to goals like Chelsea and Man City scored, you can hold your hands up and say fair enough, but yesterday were were appalling at the back against a powder puff Burnley side.

Bamba and Cunningham were constantly out of position - those two cost us a goal apiece. I'd go as far as to say if we'd left Manga in the middle and started Bennett and Jazz as full backs, we wouldn't have conceded and won the game through that Murphy goal.

How poor was Zohore again? Ward tried hard again but Madine hardly got a touch and was just shouting for the ball to be lumped to him all the time. It was a mistake to rely on him getting on the end of something in that last 15 minutes, far better to have stuck Reid on with some pace to run their tired defence - what sort of decision making was that?

Considering the poor opposition, another dissappointing game both on the pitch and and from the technical area.

13. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Agree with that 100%.

14. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

No, I was just wondering where Smithies was?

He’ll have to play one of the reserves in January when Etheridge goes to the Asia Cup.

15. Statto

Statto Active Member

I like Neil Etheridge but I don't think he had a very good game. As said above he didn't have much to do but didn't do it.Think we can safely say that if we'd had Hart and they'd had Neil we'd have won the game comfortably.

I was surprised Warnock went with Patterson and Zohore instead of Reid and Ward. For me they have showed glimpses of what they could potentially do particularly against Arsenal. I think the pace and brightness of Murphy alongside those 2 would have given Burnley even more problems.

Trying to stay positive if Burnley really were the 7th best side last year then we still have a chance. Feel that they came to us not to get beat and obviously achieved that & more. I said on another thread that I feel unfortunately the teams around us have a bit more going for them. I guess grinding out that win when being 2nd best was that bit more for Burnley.

16. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Interesting stat in the Times today - the time taken out the game for all of the long throws was 8 mins aand 15 seconds. That's a hefty chunk of the game!

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I reckon he's completely pissed off and with good reason. Imo he's got a championship side to work with in the prem because he's had absolutely no financial backing or support from the owners, sounds familiar don't it Dai? <ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.