1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0103-cool: Doris says 0-0 for this one, me a 2-0 city win with Zohore getting a hat trick!

(Courtesy of BBC Sport) Cardiff City are expected to make several changes to the line-up for their home game against Aston Villa.

Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier, Sol Bamba and Kenneth Zohore are all set to return after missing the Bluebirds' EFL Cup victory over Portsmouth.

Villa could give a first league start to England Under-20 midfielder Josh Onomah, on loan from Tottenham.

John Terry, Sam Johnstone, Glenn Whelan and Gabriel Agbonlahor could all return after being rested in midweek.

SAM's prediction
    Home win - 39% Draw - 29% Away win - 32%
    SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

Match facts
    • Cardiff have lost just two of their last 13 home league games against Villa (W8 D3), keeping clean sheets on eight occasions including each of the last two.
    • Aston Villa have won seven of the last 10 league encounters with the Bluebirds (D1 L2), although they lost on their last visit to Cardiff.
    • Steve Bruce has won nine of his 11 previous managerial meetings with Neil Warnock, but his only defeat came in their most recent game, with Villa losing 1-0 to Cardiff in January.
    • Kenneth Zohore has scored 12 Championship goals in 2017 - only Chris Wood (17), Yann Kermorgant and Lasse Vibe (both 13) have scored more.
    • Neil Warnock has won only two of his managerial clashes against Aston Villa in all competitions (W2 D4 L5).
    • Only Ipswich (16) have drawn more games in the Championship since the start of last season than Aston Villa (15).
    • <party><party>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Maths a strong point Masky? <whistle>

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Interesting hat-trick <doh>

4. danablu

danablu Active Member

1st chance to use I follow streaming from the comfort of my own home here in Denmark
    and the ****ing thing dont Work What a ****ing rip off Cost me 3 times more than last year

5. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I feel for you. I had login issues last week. Got the stream now. I was expecting some commentary, but nothing, do they over dub the highlights?

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

3-0 wow!

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

didn't see that coming. Nice to see we're not totally dependant on Ken for goals.

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Nice .... Lookin promising gents

9. BluefromBridgend

Best performance since............ can't remember when.

seabreeze likes this.
  10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fabulous, fabulous game - that's the most I've enjoyed a City game for years.

From the possession stats they seemed to have a lot of the ball but for the most part Terry and Chester just faffed about with it at the back.

Apart for a brief period at the start of the second half they didn't have a clue how to break us down. A brilliant midfield performance from Gunnar, Ralls and Damour - those three dominated.

At the back we were so solid as a unit, and going forward with Ken, Mendez and Hoilett, Terry and Co. **** themselves every time.

Brilliant to put one over like that on one of the favourites to go up. Long way to go but that is certainly top 6 stuff - at least!

seabreeze likes this.

11. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

That was just immense.

NM-L could be the signing of the season.

Hold on, so could Loic Damour.

How good was Hoilett not only going forward but in defence?

Is there a better centre forward in this league than Ken?

Must calm down and deal with the Blades who were robbed late on at Boro.

The stadium rocked today; were there any away fans? Like a library over there<whistle>

Ccfc4ever and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  12. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I was on the edge of my seat, it was great to see the full game (live) this week. I think we started both halves relatively poorly, but more than made up for it. An unexpected win (given my prediction) I really thought it would be a tight affair.

13. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

errm excuse me, but the REAL CCFC are top of the crappy league we find ourselves in :shocked:

how are you Andy, long time no see or speak just spoken to scull I'd forgotten about this forum now we're so far beneath you.

14. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I hope you make your way back soon - always enjoyed going to the other CCFC ;)

robbiethemole likes this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

Hi Robbie Great to hear from you and pleased to see Cov on the way back up. Hope you keep it going. Are you going to games again? I'm fine. Just retired so feet up - I wish. You okay? How is your son's rugby going?

16. robbiethemole

hi mate we got a feckin long way back aint we?? I go to a few games mostly awaydays as I've taken up bowling in the summer.

I still got 2 years to feet-up time!!! Phil has had a year off but is back in training again, he is so bloody ripped now and he will be a daddy at the end of Oct.

17. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Old git!

18. BluefromBridgend

Congratulations Grandad to be. Yes, must be at least 8 years. Shows football is not all bad and fans of different clubs can get on. Hope all goes well for Phil and his partner. Let us know when the babe arrives.

In the footie front get Cov to the FA Cup 3rd round and away day to the Ricoh would be good.

19. robbiethemole

Ha !!! sez the bloke who don't work anymore

20. robbiethemole

Andy, already a Grandad my daughter had a little boy 10 weeks ago. right little bruiser he is