1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can't find Doris

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been chilling out in a cottage in Dartmouth this week. No time for this forum or football in general, just Peroni in the cottage and plenty on tap at The Drum in Cockington - bloody bliss.

Chilling out mind is the right expression. Up on Dartmoor on Tuesday and we were caught in a bloody snowstorm!........<laugh>. Took refuge in the Two Bridges Hotel on the moor and with a pint in my hand, gazed up at the grey walls of Princetown Prison thinking I'd rather be where I am now than that lot in there.

Anyway, can't find Doris anywhere - I think Masky's got her stashed somewhere for his exclusive pleasure (or just the City tickets<laugh>).

Not that worried though and I also won't worry about not getting 100% from my ST this season tonight. I'll watch the Magpies game on the box instead and dream of next season..........'ang on a minute - there's no bloody Sky in this cottage!! <grr>

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

masky missing in action a while ago>>>>>>>>I have emailed chuck Norris 2 track him down for us but he hasn't got back 2me yet

as for having sky in your cottage sparkey>>>>>>>>pull a few roof tiles off I would..<ok>

anyways have a nice break your lucky bugger

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aber - just got back in from a nice late lunch (very late because of refreshment afterwards).

Taking the tiles off the roof to get Sky was a an option until the wife pointed out it was thatched........<laugh>

Thought about rigging up a dustbin lid and bog brush to try to pick up Sky but suddenly had an eureka moment.

As I've got Sky Sports at home I've also got Sky Go for out and about - and I've got my bloody laptop with me.......:1980_boogie_down:

Switch on and log on. It may be only a 17.3" (that's the laptop not me <laugh>) but I'll be there and sod the pub tonight. <ok>

4. aberdude

thatched well that would have been an easier job 2see sky dude>>>>>>>>>one swan match and it`ll look like an English holiday home in twenty minutes flat.........open plan kind of

ps im glad its your laptop that's 17.3......if it was your height you`d be a right little cutie with fury feet and living in the shire my precious.

anyway back 2tha game.........not a great result....I did go down after because I promised my daughter and I gotta be honest we both enjoyed it>>>seems Cardiff has gained another city fan....Cardiff had chances but didn't take them>>>>two easy headers over the bar and two goals ruled of for fk knows what>>>I couldn't see was down the other side of the pitch so can only hope they were the right calls>>>>>>>>>Newcastle fans were tip top and were very merry>>>>>john voldermort jack has harry potter after him.......so all in all a good night shame about the scoreline........nice 2 see whitts getting a standing ovation for his years with the club <ale>

5. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I was in Princetown only three weeks ago - bit damp and misty as I remember

6. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Doris is not in Tehran. Bloody raining though and no BBC available.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Morrison's 'goal' was sound.

Not a free kick for their opener.

The ref was shocking.

Manga & Noone missed sitters. Zahore had a really good chance but it fell on his head not left foot sadly.

City though 2nd all over the pitch. Newcastle looked sharper & quicker. Our central midfield a real problem.

NW needs more than 4 new players. 6-7 more like.

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Newcastle deserved to win as Ninian said sharper & quicker, like Aber I was at the wrong end of the pitch to see our disallowed goals.

After a year in the grandstand I'm back to the Ninian stand next season, quite close to the half way line.<cheers>

P.S. Doris no longer in the Rhondda, last seen walking over Maerdy mountain looking for a chap called Dude!!!

9. aberdude

P.S. Doris no longer in the Rhondda, last seen walking over Maerdy mountain looking for a chap called Dude!!!

ive bought a pair of rubber gloves for doris.....some say you cant polish a turd but im sure doris will have a good go at turning Aberdare around.......and once the mean streets have been cleaned, I`ll show her how big us Aberdare lads are in thy meat department................I wonder if she would like the black angus with herbs or without <laugh>

10. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Doris is tucked up with me chums, please respect her and keep a civil tongue up my arse? :emoticon-0103-cool: