1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can't avoid talking about it any longer, Spurs next.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

The tough games never stop coming when you are 5th and battling for 4th.
    At least this time they are without Harry Kane,which is a huge loss for them, and one bright spot for us.
    Doesn't look like much has changed for us since our last outing, so can't see any bolts from the blue coming Contes' way. This mystery "injury " Luiz is suffering will no doubt see him miss out again,I assume Barkley is injured as usual , but what about Ampadu?
    Anyway, based on that here's my team, same old same old I'm afraid. For some variety I will name a couple of subs I'd like to see get some game time.

Keeper Willy
    Back 3 Azpilicueta, Christensen Rudiger ( sub for any Ampadu , who I'd start in Midfield.)
    Wing backs Zappacosta Alonso ( sub Emerson, anyone except Moses )
    Midfield Kante Ampadu ( sub Anyone would be better than our midfield choices, though reluctantly, Fabregas. )
    Front 3 Willian Giroud Pedro ( sub Hudson- Odoi. Hazard needs a boot up the ring, he's wiping too much off his transfer fee with his sloppy, poor play. )

Will be watching with the phone turned off so the Spud son in law can't reach me.
    Becoming a cliche, but this really is a must win game. Think we will do it.

PS just heard Ampadu is out for rest of season with broken ankle. That leaves only Cahill as reserve defender and means Fabregas is in my team.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    SpursDisciple likes this.
  2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I still remember the game where we beat the Spuds 4-0 - about 4 years ago? - at Stamford Bridge and the Spuds had Paulinho in their side. Paulinho has now moved on to Barcelona and the Spuds now seem a far better side than then. It’ll be a tough game and we could still meet the Spuds in the FA Cup final to avenge the final defeat of 1967. COYB.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Willy playing Keeper will be massive upgrade yet disinterested Thibo will start.

Spuds v Chelsea only way to win cup for the Blues this season. Up the Spuds against manu

4. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

StanDMan, I must admit to being with you on this one - I too prefer Caballero to Courtois.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Same.
    I would give Willy a go between the sticks.
    Courtois hasn't been up to snuff for me these last few months.

Dont agree about the Man Utd Spurs thing though.
    United have looked anything but impressive this season to be honest.
    Not to mention the fact that if we play Spurs, it will be more or less a home game for them. I know we beat them at Wembley this season already, but United are nothing special, believe me.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Ampadu is out for the season, think he fractured his ankle against Madrid in the Youth champions league.

I'd go with Caballero too but no idea who I'd put alongside Kante.

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Not a game I'm overly looking forward to. Spurs seem to be a side we've struggled to play against of late, despite having won 3 of the last 4. They are in very good form and we've been very up and down. A loss would probably all but mean top 4 is out as well.

Was the reverse fixture Bakayoko's only real good game for us back at the start of the season???? He may play with that in mind.

8. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Confident of a result in this one,spuds won't fancy it.IF Luiz is fit,would like to see him in with Kante.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Unbelievable that we have no one to partner Kante who inspires any confidence. Armchair likes Luiz there, me too actually, but seems his "injury" is saving Conte the embarassment of having to pick him. He'd have played in my team in Christensens place last 3 games as well. Awful for Ampadu, he looks ready made to partner Kante in many PL games now. I guess we might see Fabregas, and on his form 1st game against Barca, he deserves it. Hope Bakayoko gets an energy transplant off season, he's big and fast enough to be just what we need if he only had more grunt about him.

10. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Hmm tough cookies are Spuds these days no longer the soft touch they used to be as away results v Real and Juve have shown; given that we are struggling to find decent partners for Kante I will go for a score draw. As for the FA cup I’m surprised that the FA has not used an alternative to Wembley as it’s a Spuds home fixture and gives them an advantage.

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Baka looks like a kid who needs lots of backing from his coach. Unfortunately Tony doesn't have time for any of them other than complaining about how poor board is.

I still like Baka, he has potential especially if he is given a consistent run with Kante.
    I see Rambo in Baka. Rambo came good after he was played with Essien for few games.
    Hope Baka gets that chance soon enough after Tony fcuks off.

It is just beyond me how Cescy manages to keep his place having done precious little. Cescy has no legs, no game & no future with Chelsea.
    But Tony will sabotage Baka who could be our future mainstay.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's a results business and Conte has to get results now. Bakayoko has been awful and Conte has given him plenty of chances. At some point he has to play others. He's tried 3 or 4 players in that position next to Kante and nothing has really worked consistently. Injuries have not helped either.

The Fabregas bashing is ridiculous though. He's been a bloody good player for us and has been an integral part in 2 title winning sides. He's not perfect and not had an amazing season but who has?

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This is another thing that gets my goat about this ****ing moron.
    Fabregas has been 10x the player for us that Baka has since he started.
    Could Baka come good given more time? Maybe.
    But he has been given plenty of chances to prove himself this season and has failed miserably.

Weird that he picks on performers like Fabregas and Alonso and supports complete ****ing drips like Bakayoko.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly. I think most Chelsea fans would say Bakayoko has been our worst first teamer this year. I fail to see how he has been 'sabotaged' by Conte. Conte has given him plenty of chances he was clearly signed to play in that role alongside Kante but has not delivered. In fact, as I understand it, Bakayoko was one of the few players Conte actively pursued.

The last few games I've seen of him have been woeful. Watford and Leicester were particular low points. His positioning has been bad, his not winning the ball back, constantly loses possession, silly fouls etc. Say what you like about Fabregas, but the guy can pass a football as well as anyone in the league.

Stan don't blame Conte for having to play Fabregas, blame Bakayoko.

Bodinki likes this.
  15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed, its not like Conte has had much choice has he?
    Baka has been worse than useless and Drinkwater has been crocked half the time he has been with us, and when he has played he hasn't exactly been dynamite either.

16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Can you give some bloody stats which shows Cescy is 10 times Baka?? Ffs!!

Cescy had been integral in ONE title winning side and not 2.

First one was like 4 years ago when he had some dying seconds left in his legs.

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Who said 10 times better? But better, absolutely.

It's hilarious how you pick out seeming every single mistake that Alonso or Fabregas make, even blaming them for others' errors on multiple occasions (*cough* Christensen v Barca), yet defend Bakayoko? A player who gives the ball away at will and has been an utter liability of late.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well i did, but that doesnt change the fact that you are right.
    Baka, so far, has been a complete waste of space, yet always its Fabregas that earns his ire, and Baka gets encouraged.
    makes zero sense.

19. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Baka is our future. Cescy is dead wood.

I know who I would play and bring confidence when there is relatively nothing to separate.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Theres loads to separate.
    Look at the stats for passing and accuracy.

Goal and assist wise they are pretty even
    Cesc 1 goal 4 assists
    Baka 2 goals 2 assists

But look at the rest of their stats, in the same amount of appearances

Cesc
    Passes per game : 64
    Chances created: 9
    Through balls: 21
    Accurate long passes: 99
    Total pass count: 1682

Baka
    Passes per game: 37
    Chances created: 1
    Through balls: 0
    Accurate long passes: 40
    Total passes: 937

Fabregas kicks Bakas arse in almost every sense. He is supposed to be a centre mid, and he has created 1 chance all season. 0 through balls?
    What the ****?!!

I am not saying Fabregas is the best, or even that he has been good, but one thing he has been is a darn sight ****ing better than Bakayoko.

Yet we have zero chance when fabregas plays, but Baka needs more time and encouragement......
    <doh>