1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Canaries V Villains

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Apr 7, 2018.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure we've won every game when we've been on Sky this season!!! <ok>

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

We drew with binners

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Match stats from BBC -

ncfcVavfc.jpg

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

That Murphy goal...... Goal of the season? Think Madders has plenty of screamers, but nothing as good as that, that I can think of?

Great to see Murphy have such a good game.

DUNCAN DONUTS, ncgandy and JM Fan like this.
  6. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Natural order is restored in the league!

DUNCAN DONUTS and JM Fan like this.
  7. Forgot_My_Lines

So relieved at that, The only thing left to play/hope for.

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I was just talking to a couple of fellow fans before heading to CR and we all said he needs a rest!!! I'm pretty full on 'humble pie!!'

ncgandy likes this.
  9. Forgot_My_Lines

He really has needed to put in a performance. Glad he did it at Carrow Road.

JM Fan likes this.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

OK, so maybe it was a little OTT but so much of the first half summed up much of what has been wrong with our season. Moving the ball too slowly front to back, little movement in front of the ball, no players getting into the box and general fluffing of crosses, passes and shots in the final 3rd. But we looked solid enough and scored a stunner.
    2nd half was great to watch, Villa really let us play and we exploited the space and perhaps should have scored more. With that said, they also had plenty of chances and I thought we looked again shaky at the back. And when they scored I defy anyone to say they weren't thinking oh no not again!
    Very happy for Srbeny getting off the mark, though as Eadie said, the jury still remains out on a player who still looks a little out of his depth.
    Great performance from Murphy, maybe just him on form made the difference. when he uses his pace against OPPO who don't sit back with 10 behind the ball he can be fabulous. c'mon Murph find some consistency.
    I can't figure out if we were good or Villa were very bad today, the reality is some of both. They certainly didn't look like promotion contenders today.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.

11. Forgot_My_Lines

Lose Madders from the team and replace him with a 4th Division German. Would be a very different side from the Middle table fodder we look now.

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

No need FML - we COULD (cough, cough) sign Leitner and/or we have Cantwell to return.
    Apparently, Godfrey is now playing more as a CM at Shrewsbury now and he'll be at Wembley in the Chekatrade Trophy final at 3pm this afternoon, which I believe is live on Sky.

Edit - I doubt any of them has quite the skills of JM though!!!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

PS - Having watched Josh's goal several times, I have to agree that it is in 'pole position' for Goal of the Season. <ok>

13. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

For all those fearful that JM will depart in the summer (I believe he will, but I'm NOT fearful) - from the MFW article - 'The one additional positive for me about yesterday too, which Gary does reference, is that the performance also showed that there might be positive life after Maddison too. Yes, Maddison’s contributions were still important, including of course his goal, but with Trybull, Vrancic, Leitner, who should be retained if Maddison goes, and Maclean to come, there should still be a central midfield pair who can play the cultured, creator role, as well as contribute to the finishing too. And just maybe, Reed might end up staying too, not in the Tettey role (that is Godfrey/ Thompson, if he ever returns), but in a combative midfield capacity, who can also deputise the right back position, if required.'

15. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator