1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Canaries V The Tykes

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Nov 17, 2017.

?

Predict the result

1. Canaries Win

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Tykes Win

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Stalemate

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

It was embarassing to watch.

Especially Steiperman. Pansy.

JM Fan likes this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

There you go again, always sitting on the fence! ;)

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I think after next Saturday, I'll stick to watching the Under 23s or Under 18s. <laugh>

4. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Was working in a Toy-shop last year, so this was the first game I've been to for a long time. Disappointed with the performance, thought we were too slow, lacked zip, were not ruthless enough up front and are missing Pritchard. Do not think Howson has been replaced properly in midfield but was impressed with Hanley & Pinto. Hope Oliveria gets his match sharpness back soon after returning from injury.

5. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

We are now in a worst position than pre Lambert.
    DF has not got a clue.
    Bite the bullet and get rid.
    I don't know what the answer is,but I for one
    can see nothing but 3/4 years of crap.
    My last season as season ticket at £850 is a joke.
    I never thought this day would come.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I VERY reluctantly decided to give up my ST just after Xmas last year having had my ST for 10 years or so and I'm so glad I did. I've got a ticket for PNE and depending on how we're playing, I'll go to the 1p5wich game, but don't think I'll bother with too many others. #sadday

7. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I don’t understand your position on this JM you’re either a supporter through good or bad or your not!

canary-dave likes this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I don't mind paying out for an ST/ occasional games, but I expect some entertainment in return and I'm not getting it (and from your comments, nether are you!!!).
    Should things change, then I'll reconsider my options.

9. canary-dave

JM, I understand what you are saying but I have to agree with ILD on this!

If I were able to attend regularly and could afford it, I would go through Hell and high water to get there every home game! <ok>

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Oh well - looks like I'm NOT a supporter then!!!! :emoticon-0104-surpr

11. canary-dave

I wouldn't say that, as I said I understand your reasoning, it's just that I see things differently <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  12. ilovedelia

You’re right I’m not happy with the way things are at the moment, it’s awful, BUT I’m a supporter of my club and always will be, through the good and bad times, I turn out every week, only missing 2 away games this season, it’s what true supporters do!!
    It looks like you’re a fair weather fan who only wants to go to games when the team is winning and cherry pick the ‘Top’ games! Sorry but that’s not what I call a supporter!!

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I'm with JM on this one even if he doesn't spend his time and money on going to every home game I'm sure he follows the action on the radio or on BBC etc.

If we keep blindly turning up with a full house then the board will continue to factor in gate receipts as guaranteed revenue.

I have been to just 3 games this year the first being the German's first home game against Brighton the second against Birmingham and Ipswich away.
    1-1 1-0 & 0-1 I desperately wanted to go to Arsenal away but I had work commitments away from London.

Not wanting to have a pop at Dave but he attended Sunderland v Celtic in a pre season friendly.
    Now Weston Supermare is quite far down South so to make the trip to Sunderland would suggest you would rather go the extra mile to see Sunderland every year than go to Norwich games so perhaps not the best position to question another fan's loyalty or commitment.

If the team was playing free flowing attacking football and scoring for fun I would be more inclined to part with more of my hard earned cash for the privilege of witnessing a Carrow rd game more often.

Also ILD moans even when we win because it's boring so taking his word for it I'm glad I missed all those 0-0 and 1-0 snore fests.

If attendances drop then perhaps the players manager or board will try harder to keep their customers happy.

Also there was a chorus of boooooos at full time by sections of fans that felt short changed no doubt these will be criticized by Dave and other fans that get to one game in a decade but question others loyalty.

Life is hard enough as it is for me to justify me paying about £100 on train ticket food beer etc to witness the **** served up at home games.

I will continue to go to the odd U23 game perhaps an FA cup match and the odd league game home and away but I have almost given up on this season and manager as we can't score and now the water tight defence is springing leaks again.

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I have to admit ILD that you are a TRUE supporter, unlike myself who chooses which games I attend. I'm not overly concerned about winning, but ass I said in my original comment, I want to be ENTERTAINED and see passion and desire from our team. Is that asking for TOO much????
    PS - it would be nice if we didn't regularly almost 'gift' our opponents a goal

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I was in the lower Barclay yesterday and was appalled and infuriated with the ‘supporters’ all around me. I wouldn’t normally choose to ‘sit’ there (everyone stood for the entire game), because just three rows from the front you have a dreadful view of proceedings. Anyway, the guy to my right talked to his mates in the row behind all the time with his back to the pitch or if he wasn’t doing that, just like the couple directly in front of me was looking at his bloody phone or directing abuse at the Barnsley fans.
    This is supposed to be the most vocal area of Carra Rud but I swear it was like a library.
    Now I appreciate that was on offer yesterday was absolute cr@p but there was no passion from these so called ‘fans’ whatsoever.
    I know I’m an old git at 55 but in my day standing behind the goal in the Barclay you’d leave the match hoarse regardless of the fate on view.
    Best supporters in the League? Don’t make laugh, fecking pathetic <grr>

canary-dave likes this.
  16. canary-dave

DD, I am not sure if you really think that I travel up to Sunderland just to watch their team play. I actually go to meet up with friends.

I go once a year and book my cheap advance train tickets 12 weeks in advance, I never check who Sunderland are playing because that is not the purpose of my visit. I go simply to meet my friends and have a catch up.

When I visited Norwich to meet a couple of friends, it coincided with a home game, purely accidentally but ncgandy was able to get me a ticket.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game even though we lost but on leaving the game I fell 3 times, the third time dragging the poor woman in front of me over as well. My balance and general mobility are shot to **** and I will only attend any future matches if I can get front row seats.

I hope that has cleared things up for you. Feel free to check with gandy if you don't believe me

JM Fan, DUNCAN DONUTS and ilovedelia like this.
  17. ilovedelia

I fully understand that people can’t afford to go to every game and to spend £100 on travel is very restrictive.
    But to be a supporter you have to be loyal and stick with it!
    JM comes across as if he’s done something to be proud of, I don’t agree with it!
    I’m prepared to sit/stand through the crap we’re seeing at the moment in the hope and expectation that it will improve!
    You can’t just switch off from supporting your team, if that’s the way people are then they might as well join the Man U lot! Glory hunting is not a thing I approve of!
    NORWICH CITY IS MY TEAM/CLUB AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY UNDYING SUPPORT!!

JM Fan, canary-dave and KIO like this.
  18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Dave, sounds as if you were a horse they’d bloody shoot you ! <laugh>

Only kidding mate, you take it easy <ok>

DUNCAN DONUTS and ilovedelia like this.
  19. ilovedelia

Most of the Barclay lot are a arrogant bunch of twats who think the rest of us who go watch the game are somehow below them!

JM Fan likes this.
  20. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

The TEAM will always have my support mate, but not that witch in the boardroom and the rest of her motley crew <ok>