1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Canaries V The Tykes

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Nov 17, 2017.

?

Predict the result

1. Canaries Win

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Tykes Win

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Stalemate

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So 'normal service' resumes tomorrow after yet ANOTHER International break.
    STOP PRESS News - Basil should feature for at least part of the game - 'DF sounding very hopeful on Oliveira. Says he's looked good in training and hoping the work during the break has helped sort the issue.'
    Also, AP back in training and could be back playing in a couple of weeks!!!
    Edit - 'JM is a doubt for tomorrow after coming back with a knock. DF admits as good as his England U21 call-up was, he'd have preferred him to have a break. Will be late decision. ' <yikes>

Sky preview - "Norwich could have forward Nelson Oliveira available again following a calf problem for the Sky Bet Championship visit of Barnsley. Striker Marley Watkins will be hoping to face his former club after making his international debut for Wales against Panama. Midfielder Alex Tettey continues to recovery from a calf problem, while Alex Pritchard is set to step up his rehabilitation from ankle surgery along with Scotland forward Steven Naismith, who has been sidelined by his own ankle problem.

Barnsley will be without winger Lloyd Isgrove, who sustained a knee injury in the recent home win against Birmingham. Isgrove's season was delayed until the end of October due to foot and thigh injuries and after being forced off last time he will not be ready for this weekend. Midfielder Gary Gardner (leg) has returned to training but remains unavailable and defender Adam Jackson (knee) remains a long-term absentee. Head coach Paul Heckingbottom has no other new injury or suspension worries as the Reds chase a third straight league win."

Opta stats
    Norwich have won 10 of their last 12 league matches against Barnsley (D1 L1), although that one defeat came last season at Oakwell.
    It has been 80 years since Barnsley won at Carrow Road against Norwich in any competition, winning 1-0 in May 1937 with a goal from Doug Hunt.
    Norwich have lost their last two home league matches - as many as they'd lost in their previous 18 games in 2017 at Carrow Road.

KIO, Canary Spring and canary-dave like this.
  2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Jerome will also be a late call after a knock on his ankle. Could mean that Nelson will start. I hope he's fit!

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Any news on Jarvis? <laugh>

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Have to win this.

Not only because I will be there again, and they bloody owe us a performance! But also, we HAVE to get a win after 3 straight losses. This can't continue. We need to get the confidence and positive feeling back into the squad.

It seems like the loss against Arsenal has totally knocked the confidence out of our squad. Chalk and cheese.

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

Green
    Ruddy
    Forster
    Gunn
    Joe Lewis

All had full England call ups.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Whilst I like MOST of what DF has done since his arrival, I would've liked to have seen a few of our first team rested as in the last 15 minutes V Derby, some of our team could barely run!!!! <doh>

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are you advocating we incorporate all of them into tomorrow's line up to counter Barnsley? <yikes>

JM Fan likes this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

No just a bit of useless information regarding Angus's latest call up.

Don't think there is another English club with as many keepers being reconsidered for the National side ?

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

The head & shoulders guy kept clean sheets against Germany & Brazil too.:emoticon-0121-angry

10. colu_mike

colu_mike Active Member

Won't be long before you budgerigars flunk out of the Championship, like Rotherham last season, with debts galore! <cheers> It's the only possible outcome with Ed BALLS doing his best Captain of the Titanic impression! <bubbly><bubbly><bubbly>

PS Barnsley will be stuffing you bird brains tomorrow! <laugh> ENJOY!!! :emoticon-0167-beer:

DHCanary and JM Fan like this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

^^^The real Super Norwich 23

General Melchett likes this.
  12. DUNCAN DONUTS

Word of the day

MOCKUMENTARY

13. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

We’re a terrible outfit with NO attacking ambition or plan!
    I think we’ll lose again tomorrow unless we score in the first 15 minutes!! Which is not really likely!!

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  14. DUNCAN DONUTS

But England's done we'll <cheers>

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

Mike is lurking<cracker>

16. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Only 3 sides have scored less goals than NCFC this season. DF has stated that he is not prioritising the recruitment of another striker in a January so it looks like another season of disappointment. Jerome looks like he will soon play no further role in striking duties this season and so Basil will have to take on the majority of this role, assuming he is not injured again. I really can’t believe that he feels that we don’t need another striker so I am assuming that Webber has made it clear that there is little ambition at the top and that we will make do with what players we have in the squad. Can we assume that a significant sale of, say, Maddison may cause a change of heart? No promotion this year and it looks like it could get a whole lot worse.

17. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Nelson will tuck a few away, don't worry.

JM Fan likes this.
  18. DUNCAN DONUTS

He can sing too.

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

20. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I’d love to see that but we don’t get the ball into attacking positions quick enough! It wouldn’t matter who we had as a striker, we just don’t get the supply going forward from our 50 midfielders!!!!! Basil won’t score goals with his head so we need to get the ball to his feet quicker so he has a chance to take on a couple of defenders and shoot, where as our slow dull boring build up means if he gets the ball he’s faced with 10 defenders, they’ve had a nice leisurely stroll back to their positions while we pass the ball sideways, backwards and to our keeper who then just belts it upfield where we don’t have any of our players, so lose all the possession we just spent 20 minutes building up!!!!!!

carrowcanario likes this.