1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can you Irons beat the Scummers this weekend?

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Singing Blue 3, Sep 13, 2013.

1. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

There you go Singing Blue. A nice straight forward win for us. Men against Boys you might say.

No doubt they will talk about their precious possession stats and how well they kept the ball. I've already had a glance on their forum and seen a post about how they should have won 5-0!!!

It was the same last season. One of the posters, Mikey I think it was, said then that all four of our goals were lucky!!!

I've said it beforehand I will say it now. If Carrol had been fit for even half the season and we didnt have that 5 games with one or no centre backs, we would be above them.

One final thought. Wow did we dodge a bullet with poor old Rickie Lambert.

It's Beers O'clock for me. I'm off out. Enjoy your evening Hammers everywhere. We are staying up.

2. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

And it's all gone quiet over there :)

3. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Yes that was it. Fair play we were well beat today.

4. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

:biggrin: It sure has mate! 5 games unbeaten against them now - one of which was a draw with ten men and two wins. That must be difficult for them to accept!

What a strange club they are. They seem to have a real chip on their shoulder about how the game should be played.

They had a spell yesterday in the first half where they had the ball for about five minutes in the middle third and in their own half. Now considering they were losing at the time, our players were quite happy to let them knock it around. Great for their possession stats - which some of them seem to think is as important as scoring goals, but certainly not effective.

I've seen some laughable comments on their board about how they deserved to win the game easily. I can only remember them having one or two chances - the ramirez one and Lallana had a half chance.

I used to quite like them as a club but they have gone a bit strange and I think it will be quite amusing watching things go wrong for them now that their chairman has left and they start selling off their young talent in the summer and their non English speaking manager (yeah yeah I know he can apparently speak English but is too scared to) walks out on them.

I bet they are glad they banned me from their forum. I wonder if they will bump my "how to win away" thread now?

5. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Fair do's Trixter, we got done fair and square, no complaints, we beat ourselves really, best of luck with the rest of this Season, we can try again next Season. There was talk of letting you back in, but I guess it won't happen for a while, we will have to get over it a bit!

6. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Ah yes I saw a few asking for my ban to be lifted after you "show us how to win away" and how it "might be fun" to have me back once you beat us. :emoticon-0136-giggl

Yeah you need me back on your forum. Looks well mundane without me.

7. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Well done lads, its a shame we got thumped by the Iron(ironically), but hey ho at least we still have a club and I own part of it!<ok>

8. Saint Possum

Saint Possum Well-Known Member

5-1 sb in league 2. Wow you must be so proud ;)

9. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

I'm sure he is disappointed possum, but I bet he is still proud.

You lot know as well as anyone what it's like to drop down the leagues due to being in a financial mess. It was only a few years ago that you finished outside the playoffs in league 1 and suffered some pretty embarrassing score lines along the way. At least Portsmouth have a trophy in recent times to show for their financial hardship.

You Saints fans seem to have developed a real delusional opinion of your selves - something you have long accused us Hammers for. The bottom line is, you are a mid table premier league club, light years behind the top 4. The one thing that was giving your club a bright future was your chairman who has now deserted you. Your manager will jack in the summer (no big loss I would say) and your youth players will start getting sold off and you will be brought back down to earth with a bump.

Your football is not that good. You have impressive possession stats but the ball is passed sideways and backwards for long periods before the eventual punt forward. How many clear cut chances did you have against us on Saturday? two? Three at best?

You used to be a nice little harmless club but it has only taken two promotions and two mid table finishes for your fans' attitude to change.

10. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

We will see Trix. I think you might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

11. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Unpleasant in what way Lambo? It makes no difference to me how well you do. If you made the top four I might have a touch of envy but that certainly won't be happening any time soon.

Your future might look bright - well it did, now not so much, but every club can make a case for why they are going places. Us for example - our debt is shrinking, we have broken our transfer record two seasons running and probably will again this summer. We are moving to a 54,000 seat stadium in two years and are likely to attract investment.

It all sounds great. But in reality, we will probably still be a mid table premier league side in ten years time, as will you be most likely.

12. Saint Possum

Saint Possum Well-Known Member

My comment to sb trix is just some banter back and to be fair I cant usually be bothered these days with him as he reminds me of my old mums record player when the needle got stuck.
    As far as your comments on our fans being deluded, well deluded is a little strong but yes their is ( like all clubs ) some fans who seem to believe all sorts of things they read and are told.
    But that's just life.
    I believe in life I take a "yes ok but what if this happens" approach to life and many people say yes your just negative. Who cares we all have different opinions.
    I am one for facts though and the facts are we have become a more than useful footballing side with lots of very good home grown youth in and around our squad and things are on the up, provided certain things don't happen ( which can ). We have only lost our way at times because we sometimes lose that cutting edge and don't create or score goals when we should. We are still a team like yourself that when the main real quality players don't preform then the wheels wobble or sometimes fall off. I think we will be a top half of the table side for a few years to come and beyond that their is the possibility we could achieve more. You must hope that once you move to a great new stadium that lots of good things could happen that will make West Ham not just a top half of the table side but a team that will or could compete for better things. One things for sure though and that is we are true fans of the club we support, we didn't just jump on a band wagon when they were winning things. lol

13. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Saint Possum <ok>

14. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

Thing is trixthingy, we get to watch the Saints next week while you have to support the dire ****e that is WHU. We outplayed you, you got lucky, end of. Enjoy the rest of your dire season.

15. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Isn't it funny how you've "outplayed" us five times now and still not beaten us?

16. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

Yeah, we do it all the time. Ask Sunderland.

17. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Looks to me like certain managers have you worked out.

For all the possession you had, you created very little and it was one of our most comfortable wins of the season with the keeper barely having to make a save.

Enjoy this season and the little bit of success it has brought to you. Next season will be very different for you I feel.

Lallana and Shaw will be off. Lambert another year older. Change of manager. A load of foreigners brought in. A relegation fight awaits.

18. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Makes a change for another team to be on the end of some dodgy Referee decisions! We normally have a monopoly on that, although if you listen to Arsen Whinger, Jose Moanino and Co, you wouldn't believe it.