1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can we keep hold of Shane Long?

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Tilehurstsouthbank, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Tilehurstsouthbank

Reading's Irish international has been on fire for most of the season. Even before his rich vien of goal scoring started, he was playing well. With another M.O.T.M performance for the Republic under his belt, can Reading hold onto their leathal marksman?

If the Royals can return to the top flight, their chances of keeping Long on the books will greatly increase.

2. UpTheRoyals

UpTheRoyals New Member

He has a great relationship with McDermott and even if we don't go up theres still a possibility that he may stay on for another season just from that.

3. Tilehurstsouthbank

That's a very optimistic view mate, and I'd love to believe it but he said himself earlier this season he wants to play Premiership Football as soon as possible. If we don't go up, he'll be looking to move on unfortunately.

On the plus side, we're hitting our stride at the perfect time. I think we've a great chance of a Playoff spot!

4. UpTheRoyals

UpTheRoyals New Member

At the moment considering the games we've got left and the games Leeds and Nottm Forest have got left I would be quite dissapointed if we didn't make the playoffs.

It is crucial that we win the game on saturday now, with leeds playing forest we're guaranteed to pick up points on one of the too with a win. I just hope that we don't win it and then screw it up by losing at home to preston.

5. Tilehurstsouthbank

Yeah, I totally agree mate. I am feeling really upbeat about our chances for a top 6 finish though. Especially with so many important players coming back from injury!