1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cahill to return?

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Ringo Lion, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Has been loads of rumours since the start of the season, would be great to have Tim back for the rest of the season, might even get another Cup Final in for old times sake. :1980_boogie_down:

Millwallsteve likes this.
  2. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

I have been saying this since he quit the Melbourne team. Would be an expensive exercise to move him the the UK for six months. As for his age, the quality of football in the Championship is at least equal or even better than the standard of the game in our A-League so he would slot in nicely. Tim needs game time if he is to represent us in the World Cup and there's scant chance of that if he doesn't get on to the paddock,and soon. C'mon, Harris, finger out, lad.

Ringo Lion likes this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

You read the local rags mate

"Overnight the Australian soccer community was abuzz with the news that the Socceroos talisman was set to sign for English Championship club Millwall, the place where he made his name, on a deal that would give him the chance to hone his match fitness in time for the World Cup.

That didn't last too long, with Millwall quashing the speculation when contacted by AAP's London bureau. "There's absolutely nothing in the rumours at all," a club official said."

I suspect China to get a nice big final pay cheque having seen him play I don't think he is now quick enough for the Championship, could be wrong though :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

You've seen our A-League, Eric. It's every bit as good as the UK's League one. Cahill could hack Championship easily.

5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I agree the A league isn't great, even McContract has been scoring goals regularly and is still as big as a barn door

6. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Must be true then Eric if we've denied it. <laugh>