1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cabella?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by anyobrien, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I think it is fairly clear that Cabella has talent.

2. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Personally, I just think it takes time for them to mentally adjust and get used to the players around them and the expectations changing.

Nothing to do with the league and there ability. Moving country for a new job like he is, and then instantly going out and expected to perform must be extremely stressful. It takes time for them to settle down. Some players do it faster than others, but I think we're being far too quick to judge.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

The pace of the league and physicality certainly play a part though. Look at Cabella on Saturday, he didn't seem to understand why he got **** all for his dives or pulling himself up at the slightest tug. Ronaldo had similar struggles when he first arrived, but adapted. Of course he is one the very best. Many have commented on the pace, I think Cabaye himself said he was shocked by how physically challenging it was. Lets face it though our league is dominated by foreign talent, so their ability to adapt over time is not in question!

4. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Players say they get less time on the ball in this league. Cabaye had to speed up his play, Anita really struggled with it and still does occasionally, and Cabella is blatantly the same, thinking he's got all the time in the world on the ball and showing too much of the ball to the defender. He's got too much skill to not be able to adapt to that. His slight frame is the only real worry for me long term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.