1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cabella?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by anyobrien, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

OK maybe I was a bit harsh,been on the ale after the match and I was raging.But to see a professional football have yards ahead of him running doon the wing next to the east stand and just blatantly throw himself to the ground is unacceptable.....wtf was all that about.They then get possession win a free kick and score from it.I will give him time and I hope and prey he comes good.He needs to be told what's what in the English game and get sorted.

2. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Don't particularly disagree, I just think three games in to his career here, is too quick to be overly critical.

3. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. The only thing that makes adaption over here difficult is what makes it difficult for any player moving to any country with any new team-mates. Rarely do players that look so out of their depth, and have shown absolutely zip quality in their first few games, come good. Don't particularly understand why people are adverse to saying so on a forum. At a game, sure, you go to support.. But let's all lie to ourselves on a forum because it makes us better fans? Nah. We're here to say what we think and I think he's not good enough.

Let's talk about how ****e he is now, we can talk about how good he is when we see evidence of that. Personally, the "let's wait to judge" comments are a waste of a post!

4. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

He along with Cabaye ba and Cisse git us fifth two years ago

5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Point taken JPF, judging from what I've seen to date you might well be right.
    Goes down too easy, no end product.
    Looked out of his depth yesterday.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Seems like a kid trying to imitate CR7 in a game of 5-a-side.

7. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Yay :)

SOMEONE LISTENED TO ME! SCREW YOU ACS AND DMW, I'M SHERIFF NOW MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm drinking <ok>

8. pgakev

pgakev Active Member

Looks like we have been sold another f**kin pup.. I not seen anything that would lead me to believe that this lad is as good as he was made out to be by Pardew. Looks like he has s**t on us from a great height yet again, T**T..

9. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I've been drinking as well JPF. <laugh>
    Might think different tomorrow.

Mind, I was talking to someone this afternoon, who was at the game yesterday and actually thought we did well, including Cabella. F*** knows how.

Me, I thought it was a turgid game.

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'm drinking milk.

11. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

<laugh>
    I watched from a dodgy stream because I'm not in the country, with copious gummy bears and alcohol to make it interesting. Having watched the Man Utd game previously, the attacking intent and openness of the game was a breath of fresh air, but the quality wasn't always that great. Reminded me a bit of watching High School football, and 3-3 is a proper High School football score. The defending especially was horrendous, but some of the finishing was alright.

Comparing it with the Chelsea - Everton game after, which also had a ridiculous scoreline, you see it for what it is. In that game, sure, the defending was fairly poor, but quite honestly that's because the attacking skill of almost every player on the park was unbelievable and actually forced the defensive errors. Nobody can tell me Willo and Colo should be 6 ft from the attacker in the box when the ball has bobbled up from a cross! Puncheon barely moved and he was in acres of space... Crazy.

I'm not going to hype Aarons up too much, but he's what everyone has wanted for such a long time, a winger who can come on and put in a good ball, and attack the far post when the opposite winger delivers the cross. We've missed that since Bellamy and Robert. Janmaat looks pretty good as well, made a couple of mistakes in the last game, but neat and tidy and to be honest, not far off Debuchy's level anyway (seems to have better shooting skills!), so that's been a good bit of recruitment.

12. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Writing off Cabella after three games is naive IMO.

Debuchy, Colo, Enrique, Solano were all awful for 6 months never mind three games. Need to give the lad a bit of time.

13. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Maybe he will come good. In my opinion the ones you've picked to back up your point don't work because they all obviously had ability. I mean, Debuchy and Enrique from game one showed pace and attacking intent, Colo was clumsy and weak but his passing ability and skill were never in doubt, and Solano wasn't that bad as I recall. The most recent and probably best example that should be mentioned is Perch. He was absolutely genuinely horrendous in his first few games. He's no world beater at his best, but did a solid job, that's what I think is the best we can hope for from Cabella.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Quite a simple one this, and it does beg the question, when will people understand the difficulty of changing leagues? Football is football of course, but it is played differently all over the globe. There are exceptions who hti the ground running. Hopefully Cabella will come good but we should not expect too much. He is another French B international. We are not buying the front line international superstars. We are picking up the ones who have the potential to go either way.

15. Pulp

Pulp Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that all teams pick up players who just don't work in the Premier League. Veron, Forlan, and Bebé were all signed by Manchester United whilst they were in their pomp and none of those fit the Premier league.

16. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

This is so lame.

Cabella got into the french world cup team on merit. Just give him a bit of time to settle in. I remember my brother telling me Cabaye looked pedestrian and out of his depth in his first 3 games with us. Moaning moaning moaning. The problem we have is that our D goes to sleep far too often and the front players need to gel. If we keep tighter at the back we will be ok.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Very true. It is part of the risk analysis when weighing up your transfer strategy. Its why a lot of the top managers who work here like to have an English core or a core of players who are proven in the league. Sometimes you can overcome it by buying the worlds very best. The risk is reduced when you are Man C or Chelsea and buying absolute superstars. Its a very small number who can afford to do that. We are looking at it a different way and trying to find those B standard players who come cheaper from abroad, then seeing if they can step a level. We are, somewhat unsurprisingly, having very mixed results.

Even buying English players, sometimes it just doesn't work at certain clubs for whatever reason. However you undoubtedly do decrease the risk. I think Bobby had it right. Pay decent money and try to cream the best English talent (Dyer, Jenas, Bramble, Woodgate, Hughes, Griffin, Bellamy, O'Brien). Then have a few experienced domestic pros (Speed, Shearer, Given) and a few experienced foreign players who knew their game (Solano, Robert). Yeah there will be the odd poor one like Bramble but the risk is vastly reduced.

Of course we are not the only team who have gone down this route. However I did think it was noticeable on Saturday when looking through the team lists for the clubs outside the top 5 or 6 how many had 5 or 6 domestic players in their side.

18. Warmir Pouchov

To be fair Cabella only got in the French squad because of late injuries, mainly Ribery and Grenier not making it. They do have some talent though.

19. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

If anyone had been watching the reserves last season, they would of seen that Aarons was like a headless chicken at times
    I mean he was alright but no where near as good as what he's been doing lately and now everyone is shouting for him to be first on the team sheet

I think Cabella will be the same, needs a bit time to sought himself out,
    but, because of his price tag will people give him time,
    people are quick to judge players and hang them

20. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Unless of course he'd lie to get paid, in which case he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.