1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Cabaye on a free...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Judge Death, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Worth a short term deal?

The former Newcastle United midfielder saw his contract end in the summer at Crystal Palace and chose to move to Arabian Gulf League side Al Nasr.

Knocking back a new Palace deal after making 31 Premier League appearances for them in 2017/18, Yohan Cabaye instead signed a two year deal with the Arabian Gulf League side

He played 18 times for the club in the first half of their season and scored twice.

They are on a mid-season break currently and on Sunday night Al Nasr announced that they had come to an agreement to release Yohan Cabaye only months into his two year deal.

Cabaye is now a free agent and able to sign for another club, so would a move to Newcastle United be good for both player and club?

2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's clearly passed his best his legs have gone

Flash likes this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

wages are clearly a massive problem with anyone we try and get be it on Loan or signed

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  5. Judge Death

But probably still better than most options we have currently....

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Hayden Out and Cabaye in - even if its just a 6 month deal would suit me down to the ground.

And just to clarify I think Hayden has done well recently but he wants away so as a short term stop gap ie 4th choice I think its a good idea

RobEllious likes this.
  7. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

short term, absolutely. We need something and fast !!

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Nah! Don't want him stifling Lobby's game time

Captainchaos. likes this.
  9. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

No thanks, it’s obvious his only interest now is in money.
    Not the right mentality for a relegation scrap.
    Sulks and downs tools when the going gets tough.
    This guy couldn’t wait to leave when he thought he could do better than us, but his grass wasn’t always greener, was it.

Dorty Dogbreath and Flash like this.
  10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely not the little Judas ****.

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Tbf it seemed more like Ashley just wanting to cash in on him. Remember the ridiculous saga when Arsenal made a bid and Cabaye came out of the team cos Pardew said his "head had been turned" .. . translation Ashley said get him out the team so he doesn't get injured cos I wanna cash in on him.

Was awesome when he played for us but clearly ain't that good now, couldn't get into the Palace first team by the end, and now getting booted out of a new club after 2 months, he ain't the same Yohan.

12. Judge Death

Seems he was one of three players who had their contracts cancelled - so maybe more of a finance issue?

13. Warmir Pouchov

:emoticon-0121-angry Somebody else said this to me after Saturday. I must be watching a different player or something. He actually did ok against Chelsea. Just ok. The rest he has been ****ing garbage. The bloke can't pass the ball 5 yards. he is the single best player for the oppo when he plays. His role is to break up play and feed the more creative players. I assume Rafa forgot to tell for who though, because he breaks up our play and finds the oppo creative players.

I keep hearing he was a good signing and he did the job in the championship. He was ****ing gash in the championship too. Complete waste of money and a very poor signing. For 5m at Championship level we could have done a lot lot better.

cronemeister likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

Come on we can't rewrite history and pin everything on the fat man <laugh> Cabaye left for only one reason. He wanted to leave. And who could blame him he had Arsenal and PSG chasing him. The fat man had zero part in it. The player wanted out and admitted it. He was disciplined at the time for refusing to play in matches, he accepted the fine and apologised. To be honest Pardew handled the whole situation incredibly well.

15. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

If it's all there is then yes but I'd rather not have the little ****a back

16. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

He (Cabaye) went on bloody "strike" to force a move!! Much though I'd like to blame fatty, he gets a pass on this one. We do need a midfielder, so it's got a good chance of happening - more likely than RLC turning up. Particularly as his agent has apparently contacted NUFC about a short term deal.

Talk allegedly (still) ongoing for Laxalt (loan to buy) and Stanley N'Soki is one Rafa's desperate for. Both players seem to fit this idea of a permanent move to 3 at the back.

Warmir Pouchov and cronemeister like this.
  17. Charlie Dogscock

He wanted to leave, but we can also blame this on fatty - as with Carroll he saw Cabaye as our most saleable asset and wanted to cash in him. He was playing out of his skin at the time he was sold and we were flying up the table, fatty obviously wanted to derail this as he didn't want another season in Europe.

18. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Should have gone to specsavers mate...

Hayden 6 tackles 85% pass success
    Kante 78%, Kovacic 88% and Jorginho 91% pass success respectively and only 7 tackles between all of them.

don't let a good stat get in the way of your predisposition though...

HES BETTER THAN KANTE tra la la la la

Hefty fullback likes this.
  19. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I love the idea but in order for it to work we need 3 things :-

1. Wing backs with good end product (see Alexander Arnold and Roberston for Liverpool)
    2. Good creative and defensive/holding midfielders
    3. Strikers who can put the ball in the back of the net consistantly

We have none of the above in my opinion. Rondon is doing a job at the mo but that's it, plus he's on loan (I wouldn't want him permanently tbh). I don't believe the issues are fully with the players we have, Rafa has to accept a lot of the blame in this for me as well. When was the last time we had a penalty? When was the last time we had a player sent off against us? Ages ago is the answer to that question. We don't press, we don't create and we don't battle. We give the ball away far too easily and we do not try to win it back when we don't have it. We give stupid fouls away all over the park, namely in dangerous areas in and around the final third of the pitch which costs us nearly every time, we are too slow going forward, we are set up to not concede first...get to half time at 0-0 and see if we can nick one in the second half.

I agree we will never amount to anything as long as Ashley is in charge but in my opinion we will have very little to get excited about as long as Rafa is in charge. Our promotion season from the championship wasn't much to write home about and he won't hang around for a second season in the championship when we go down this season again.

Dare I say it but our 6 fingered neighbours down the road are in the exact position that we need to be in. We need to be rid of the owner, manager and a **** load od the playing staff who are (a) not good enough and (b) don't want to be here and we build the thing back up again. Mind you I wouldn't want L1 football at any cost, the Championship is the bare minimum for me but not under the current regime again please. If we stay up it's because there are 3 teams way ****ter than us which is highly possible, there are 2 at least at the moment in Fulham and Huddersfield but both are way more capable than us of finding another level and adding to their playing staff before the window slams shut whilst we stand still. Should we stay up by some god given miracle, rinse and ****ing repeat boys and girls....rinse and repeat !

Dark days are on the horizon for me I'm afraid, the only solace is that we know it's not forever.....it ****ing feels like it is though.

20. Charlie Dogscock

As they say - lies, damn lies, and statistics. I doubt Chelsea will be wanting to swap Kante for Hayden with us any time soon anyway...

He did ok in the first half of the championship season, but clearly ain't a Prem standard player. Longstaff on the other hand, looks like he could be.